[FM12] Emulate The (Better) Swansea Playing Style

I'm strongly recommend you to try my latest tactic [FM12] The 2011-2012 Arsenal Formation
Not just possession, good CCC, & pressing setup as well.

Thanks for your feedback mate ;)

Which is better for Swansea?

This one? Or the Arsenal tactic that you strongly recommended?

Cheers.

(Also on this tactic, the Swansea one. You have the AMR to cut inside.. Is this supposed to be this way?
I'm sure Nathan Dyer, who plays AMR for Swansea, hugs the line in real life.
Scott Sinclair who plays AML for Swansea, does cut inside in real life though. :))

Do you use any attacking mentality eg. Control, Counter, Attacking, Overload? Also, I'm right in assuming that you use Very Fluid team style.

What are the player roles. You've said about the midfield trio - what about Sinclair and Dyer, and also the Striker? What are their roles?

Nice tactic. Going ok so far - scoring goals is a major issue - Haynes doesn't seem good enough for the team.

Which is better for Swansea?

This one? Or the Arsenal tactic that you strongly recommended?

Cheers.

(Also on this tactic, the Swansea one. You have the AMR to cut inside.. Is this supposed to be this way?
I'm sure Nathan Dyer, who plays AMR for Swansea, hugs the line in real life.
Scott Sinclair who plays AML for Swansea, does cut inside in real life though. :))
I thought this thread was dead already :p

Oopps u're using Swansea too? Hmmm I never tried the Arsenal's tactic for smaller team, so far this tactic(Swansea tactic) seems great with real Swansea playing style :)
But little struggling to the goal scoring(as happened in real life). I've been working radically for something new for this tactic. Will be posted soon, when I'm sure the scoring issues 100% fixed :)

Yes the IF cut inside. For Dyer case, he have PPM hugs line, with much of creative freedom he will be able to doing that behaviour.

Do you use any attacking mentality eg. Control, Counter, Attacking, Overload? Also, I'm right in assuming that you use Very Fluid team style.

What are the player roles. You've said about the midfield trio - what about Sinclair and Dyer, and also the Striker? What are their roles?

Nice tactic. Going ok so far - scoring goals is a major issue - Haynes doesn't seem good enough for the team.
Don't know the specifics as the classic mode tactical, control mentality I think.
Yes, very fluid.

MCr = Ball winning
MCl = Deep-lying Playmaker
AMC = Adv. Playmaker
AMR & AML = IF
FC = Deep-lying Striker
That the basic roles, and changing as my tweak made. :)

Haynes good as Poacher, just tweak RFD to often, RWB often. When your forward can't breaking opposition defender with passing movement then Haynes will give some attacking variation with his pace.

can you tell me what tactic i can use as a secondary tactic to this tactic that has same effect:same possession and stuff

Yet the new patch still out of my hand mate. :)

And the new version is on progress.
Thanks for feedback anyway. Cheers.

Don't get me wrong, it's a brilliant tactic. I still finished 14th and I've no doubt it would have worked on the previous patch well. Just needs a few adjustments I assume. Looking forward to your next release.

could i still use this tactic with new patch?

Don't get me wrong, it's a brilliant tactic. I still finished 14th and I've no doubt it would have worked on the previous patch well. Just needs a few adjustments I assume. Looking forward to your next release.
Thanks mate, again this tactic is emulate from swansea real life, interesting when they choose to play barca-esque. This is not plug & play winning-tactic.

So I'm looking to making what most people in this forum want, just plug & play and winning every game with the tactic.
Next version will loss the possession & little pass rate, focusing more in attacking & defensive shape.

Maybe I must started the new thread as I think the new version is not emulating Swansea anymore or just update this thread ?

Last edited:
could i still use this tactic with new patch?
I don't know if it's gonna work mate, haven't tried these tactics with new patch. Some feedback saying the tactic not good with new patch.
Just try it out and let me know how it works. :)

I thought this thread was dead already :p

Oopps u're using Swansea too? Hmmm I never tried the Arsenal's tactic for smaller team, so far this tactic(Swansea tactic) seems great with real Swansea playing style :)
But little struggling to the goal scoring(as happened in real life). I've been working radically for something new for this tactic. Will be posted soon, when I'm sure the scoring issues 100% fixed :)

Yes the IF cut inside. For Dyer case, he have PPM hugs line, with much of creative freedom he will be able to doing that behaviour.

Ah thanks for the reply. :)

Yeah, I guess the ppm covers it.
What if I sign a player without the hug line ppm before I teach it them.. I could set the right winger to 'mixed' maybe?
Then he will do a mix of cutting inside/hugging the line/ normal/ moving into the channels...

Also I look forward to you updated tactic... your tactic is the closest to getting Swansea's real life style onto the Football Manager match engine. :D

Using this tactic for Cardiff ;) sorry guys! won 3-0 first game! must say look happy!

Ah thanks for the reply. :)

Yeah, I guess the ppm covers it.
What if I sign a player without the hug line ppm before I teach it them.. I could set the right winger to 'mixed' maybe?
Then he will do a mix of cutting inside/hugging the line/ normal/ moving into the channels...

Also I look forward to you updated tactic... your tactic is the closest to getting Swansea's real life style onto the Football Manager match engine. :D
Set to move into channels. That will mixed the dribbling type between cutting inside or hugging the line.

Yeah, thanks for your support mate :)
But I'm affraid you need to wait about the next version until I get the new patch.
Cheers.

how do i get more possesion, can you edit my save and then i have it back?:)

I'm using this with Barca and in 10 games I have never scored more than 1 goal, not enough chances created.