2 Quick questions, as I think I'm going to buy the game later.

Where is the validation key on the hard disc version, is it in the instruction manual? or does it come up when you put the disc in the computer.?

When I download steam and then 'activate' (or however you would describe it) FM, when I set it to offline mode will it not use any of my internet memory, even when I'm playing it (I know this sounds like a stupid question but I have a 10 Gb a month limit on my internet so I'm just checking) and just run on its own? or does it still use up internet in some capacity?

As long as it doesn't then I will get a copy today, sign up, download steam, activate, play fm and probably download Limbo whilst I'm at it (I know its been out forever but I still haven't played it).

If you buy a hard copy, then the code is usually either in the manual or on a separate leaflet in the case. After downloading FM and setting Steam to Offline Mode, it shouldn't use any bandwidth at all; just check on Steam's website in case. I have mine running online all of the time, so I'm not 100% sure.

If you buy a hard copy, then the code is usually either in the manual or on a separate leaflet in the case. After downloading FM and setting Steam to Offline Mode, it shouldn't use any bandwidth at all; just check on Steam's website in case. I have mine running online all of the time, so I'm not 100% sure.

Thanks for the reply.

I think your right about the internet, if not I'm going to download it anyway, and if it did use internet then I would have to see if it used too much and maybe delete fm and steam if it does use too much.

I haven't even played the demo this year, it's going to be brilliant! ;)

Pretty simple. Dont care about the pro's and cons of steam, not here to debate it. end

thread is for people needing help

You might not care about the pro's and cons of steam, my post wasn't directed at you as in individual it was directed as my opinion based on the service to everyone in the thread.

If you don't like what I'm saying regarding steam then don't reply or acknowledge my posts. I gave my opinion regarding FM now using steam to activate and that was my only intention, if the thread is ONLY meant to be for people needing help then maybe outline that in the first post of the thread.

Thanks.

my freind got VAC-banned from steam for downloading a crack for fm2011, so just be careful with steam and cracks, they dont like them!

cheers, thanks for the heads up... I'm finding steam very tolerable, anyway, so it's cool.