Football Manager 2013 - What New Features Do You Want to See?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boroboy96

Reaction score
Right, Football manager 2013 is only a couple of months from release now, so I was thinking what others think should be included in this years game. One thing i'd like to see is the ability to design your stadium, like what you can do on Fifa manager. It may seem gimmicky, but if done right I think it can add a whole new dimension to the game and make a club more yours than ever before. You should also be able to control parts of your private life, just like a real life manager. This would be a good addition to the game in my opinion and would help add more customization, as at the moment the manager you have created doesn't seem like he's yours. Anyway, I want to see what you think the next installment of Football Manager should include. Any ideas?

I'm not too particularly worried about not having those details you've mentioned above. For me, I think it separates FM12 from being a 'gimmicky' game, as in fact you said.

I'd be more interested in seeing layout changes, new colour schemes, and generally better presentation. FIFA Manager trumps FM12 in these areas. SIGames need to work on this if you ask me.

I wouldn't be too bothered if they massively improved the match engine and nothing else.

True about the layout. The game does look a bit dated and does need to modernized. And I know what you mean, I just find that it adds a new dimension to the game and playing in a stadium you designed might make you experience the game better. They should make the atmosphere in games much more realistic to and have the fans look realistic and subs warming up. That would be interesting to see

Mainly just improve what they've already got it the efficiency and a few layout changes

However there are always things I personally would like to see:

Financial prediction/forecast this would be very usefull in the first season and throughout as the board must know what lays ahead in the coming months. It would enable you to plan your spending more wisely and know roughly how much staff wages ground matanence etc would cost and some variables as well as showing what incomes you can expect. Obviously this forecast wouldn't be able to be exact as more factors that are uncomtrollable financially would be put in place. A financial planner would be nice as well as knowing how much a feeder club would bring in.
i would also like much more detailed improvement and information in the financial aspect of the game

Something else from as similar point of view is to be able to see all rounds of a competition so you can plan possible prize money
ie you can only see the prize money in the rules section of competition screen for rounds that have been and I think there should be a way to access the finals prize money in the fourth round etc

Vastly improved staff screen staff and squad screen including filtering;
i think staff area of the game should be massively improved and more detailed about the member of staff relationships with you
also I think a staff shortlist is needed and it would be good to see potential and see their improvements
more detailed work with scouts

Smarter AI in buying and selling players would see a big improvement

Many more filtering options in staff screen, staff search, squad, player search etc how many times have you though I wish I could search like this and putti has to be this etc

Improved notes section would be a bonus but I'm not to fussed

They should bring the ultimatum back as well

sorry for the long winded ness and I hoped make sense

Yeah, I agree. Especially with the fans. I mean, come on, I see one fan on his own, a mile away from all the others in the corner of a stand too often. That would never happen! Haha!

I don't want a managers private life included but I would like to be able to be a chairman or become part of the board if I was a club legend and have a say in board decisions. Designing your own stadium is a good idea but only if it is a new one and that should be optional. We also definitely need to be able to see how much our merchandising feeder club is bringing in and and to be able to see rules and prize money in future cup rounds and league rounds. I'd also like to have the option as an assistant manager. Finally get rid of that stupid blob next to everything with a note on as it means I make all my notes on French amateur clubs.

Thank you for reading this and I hope it made sense.

I don't want a managers private life included but I would like to be able to be a chairman or become part of the board if I was a club legend and have a say in board decisions. Designing your own stadium is a good idea but only if it is a new one and that should be optional. We also definitely need to be able to see how much our merchandising feeder club is bringing in and and to be able to see rules and prize money in future cup rounds and league rounds. I'd also like to have the option as an assistant manager. Finally get rid of that stupid blob next to everything with a note on as it means I make all my notes on French amateur clubs.

Thank you for reading this and I hope it made sense.

I agree with most of your points and you put it much better than me haha

I agree with most of your points and you put it much better than me haha
Really I thought you put it much better than me and quite a few of my pet hates on the game I remembered by reading your post.

id say been able to help design stadiums and more reasonable transfer prices. 50 mil for mario gotze 2 seasons in is stupid

i would like that scouts report included best role for all the positions a player can play like the coaches does
also a play more 1 touch passes shout or PPM would be nice, could help recreate barca/spain more easily

For all those saying design your own stadium I think there maybe Architect Manager 2013 being release :D

For me Improved match engine or at least make it so corner takers get back onside, free kick takers dont smash into the back of your own players and the ridiculous amount of counter attacks from corners.

As above better transfer prices.

More dynamic potentials for youth players.

Think team talks need to be toned down a touch as well as it seems tactics are pretty much secondary to getting the right team talks.

Much better transfer prices, its annoying spendingmost of your budget on one player who isnt worth the amount.
And also better match engine, improve the way the players actually play.

I agree with most things posted in here.

More interaction options would be nice, like taking your players on a training camp abroad (I think that's in Fifa Manager), morale-boosting days out e.g team dinners, paintballing, round of Golf, etc.

Press conferences definitely need more options, especially when your play's been sent off, I want to be able to say it was the wrong decision because that's usually the case. More questions related to other clubs would be good too, like your thoughts on the El Clasico or a cup final which doesn't involve your team.

I'd also like to see your players speak out and urge transfer targets to join you. Also, when you offer a contract to a highly sought after player, you should be able to persuade them by telling them you intend to play them often, in their favourite position etc. In other words, manager promises shouldn't be restricted to the players already at your club.

Medical team with a ****** stretcher to carry my players off not them standing and leaving like nothing happened.Realistic transfer list the games goes crazy with guys that wont never get transfer listed being transfer listed.Show me and my *** man at the sidelines.Proper cup victory celeberations.Less torn calf muscles injury please.

1. I don't like the fact that a 16 year old can light up the world, you should be forced to develop the talent a little bit to help push his development along.

2. I want to be able to see past attributes, e.g. if my save was in 2019 and I wanted to see how Oxlade Chamberlain had developed in previous seasons I'd like to see his stats at the start of the 12/13 season, 13/14 season etc

Transfer system needs looking at, tweaking maybe? Also more variety on referees names, H-Webb cant possibly still be going in 2030?!

More reasonable transfer prices defiently, Bolton wanted £20m for Gary Cahill as did Stoke for Shawcross. Also make the players more realistic, I mean, some players are over-rated, some under-rated.

Yeah, I agree. Especially with the fans. I mean, come on, I see one fan on his own, a mile away from all the others in the corner of a stand too often. That would never happen! Haha!

Haha but I support Middlesbrough, trust me it does happen!

I agree with most things posted in here.

More interaction options would be nice, like taking your players on a training camp abroad (I think that's in Fifa Manager), morale-boosting days out e.g team dinners, paintballing, round of Golf, etc.

Press conferences definitely need more options, especially when your play's been sent off, I want to be able to say it was the wrong decision because that's usually the case. More questions related to other clubs would be good too, like your thoughts on the El Clasico or a cup final which doesn't involve your team.

I'd also like to see your players speak out and urge transfer targets to join you. Also, when you offer a contract to a highly sought after player, you should be able to persuade them by telling them you intend to play them often, in their favourite position etc. In other words, manager promises shouldn't be restricted to the players already at your club.

Agree with pretty much all of that. I know Fifa Manager isn't as good as FM but some parts of it should be put into FM2013. More depth is needed between interactions and I think that you should have more interaction with your club. E.g. interaction with fans and you can do things with the club that they want and improve your relationship

Status
Not open for further replies.