Football Manager 2015 FAQ and Myth Debunking

I chose you well Godcubed, very well indeed.

Ah yes. The annual new Football Manager cull. Anyway. Hope I can get into FM15 after only logging 40-50 hours on 14 after previous years of 800 hours+.

only 40-50?
wow i loved fm14, multiple saves going past 2020 and 1 currently at 2039!
1131 hours in total :D

One of the things that everybody should learn about bugs, and I'm an actual software tester so I know, is that it's not just "bad things happen to me". Always ask: is it reproducable and does it happen to both your and the AI's players.

The best example in FM14 is the goalkeeper catching balls going out behind the goal line, conceding a corner. It happens consistently under certain circumstances and it happens to both keepers in a match.

If something happens just once it's happenstance; only if it happens consistently it's a bug.

One of the things that everybody should learn about bugs, and I'm an actual software tester so I know, is that it's not just "bad things happen to me". Always ask: is it reproducable and does it happen to both your and the AI's players.

The best example in FM14 is the goalkeeper catching balls going out behind the goal line, conceding a corner. It happens consistently under certain circumstances and it happens to both keepers in a match.

If something happens just once it's happenstance; only if it happens consistently it's a bug.

Precisely, and that's why FM has QA testers!

AI learn your tactics so you can never use the same one for more than a season.

Is this at all plausibly true? On every FM so far I have eventually created a good tactic that has seen me triumph regardless of player quality or the division I am in. Surely the AI managers learn something from playing against your tactics? Shirly they come back next time with a better battle plan! I can only hope.

Is this at all plausibly true? On every FM so far I have eventually created a good tactic that has seen me triumph regardless of player quality or the division I am in. Surely the AI managers learn something from playing against your tactics? Shirly they come back next time with a better battle plan! I can only hope.

Essentially, no it is not true. They adapt slightly to deal with your tactics, but that doesn't mean they instantly become ineffective. What it does mean is if you have a good tactic that wins you games the opposition fear you more and play deeper and more defensive. That means your players have less space and time on the ball in the attacking third, and are naturally less effective as a result.

Essentially, no it is not true. They adapt slightly to deal with your tactics, but that doesn't mean they instantly become ineffective. What it does mean is if you have a good tactic that wins you games the opposition fear you more and play deeper and more defensive. That means your players have less space and time on the ball in the attacking third, and are naturally less effective as a result.

Aha! I did notice this kind of thing back in FM 2005, but it was way more obvious back then.

Like GC said, they will adapt and change things around to both suit your tactics and to suit your team in general but no. You might find it'll become very slightly less effective but it's usually down to teams setting up to defend against you and counter your stronger team. It's why most people often end up complaining that some small team beat them yet they're beating other big teams.

Anyone tried to stream or it's not possible yet?

Yeah I did a little last night with it only half hour, took me a while to settle on a formation that I liked and get used to the new UI
I found two formations I really like, one is replication of Uniteds 4-3-1-2, but I find it hard to get Di Maria involved in the game. Second is 4-5-1 with Raumdauter. Rooney is **** good for that role.

I found two formations I really like, one is replication of Uniteds 4-3-1-2, but I find it hard to get Di Maria involved in the game. Second is 4-5-1 with Raumdauter. Rooney is **** good for that role.

Ive been messing with 4231 and have now settled on one, next I will work on a 433 and probably a narrow diamond with wing backs. Let me know if you are gunna stream later I will tune in don't think I will today I drank a bottle of port last night purely accidental mind ;)

Ive been messing with 4231 and have now settled on one, next I will work on a 433 and probably a narrow diamond with wing backs. Let me know if you are gunna stream later I will tune in don't think I will today I drank a bottle of port last night purely accidental mind ;)
Sure man, I'll PM you. Still don't know how to set up OBS properly, but hey! Hopefully my Internet can handle streaming now.