Nixon

Reaction score
I'm Volgar Gazprom in the Russian First Division (the second tier). The league rules state that only 4 foreigners are allowed in the first XI. This may be a stupid question, but is every player without Russian citizenship foreign? I'd like to find out before I sign too many non-Russian players, hence the thread rather than just testing. It could make fielding a team difficult with few decent youth prospects.

Only if his other nationality is Russian he will not count as foreign

Not really sure, does it not say in the league rules?

Currently managing CSKA Moscow, Vágner Love got Russian citizenship but still is listed as foreign so I guess the players have to be Russian by birth.

Currently managing CSKA Moscow, Vágner Love got Russian citizenship but still is listed as foreign so I guess the players have to be Russian by birth.

Really...I played with Saturn and if player had a second nationality (Russian) He was not foreign anymore :S...new patch maybe?

Not really sure, does it not say in the league rules?

Not got FM loaded up right now, but as far as I can remember it just said something along the lines of '4 foreigners allowed in first 11'. It must be too far away from the start of the season for players to show up as foreigners yet, as I've got a Brazilian who does not have the foreign icon when he has no Russian nationality.

I was just interested to find out whether nations like Ukraine, Belarus etc are counted as foreign, as I've bought a few players from other Eastern European nations and this could prove to be a bit of a problem!

I also got some Bosnian and so players who have got Russian nationality by being long enough in the country but they are listed as foreign, so I am pretty sure only Russians by birth are not-foreign. Pretty strange though, considering how it's in other leagues.

Last edited:
I'm also with Volgar ... in second tier you can have 3 foreign players in the first 11.
I got Miodrag Jovanovic (a very useful player at the back) and he had a foreign nationality but after he reached the amount of days required to become russian national I had to wait for another 3-5 months ... his status was awiting paperwork. Now I can use him as russian player.