Forget all that Argyle & Exeter business... This is Bideford!

paddy420

Reaction score
(this is my first attempt at a story so be nice lol! Using the England to level 10 db)

It wasn't the spectacle of Mourinho going to Madrid, but in a practicly empty press room at The Sports Ground, rookie manager Paul 'Paddy' Grundy was presented to the lone reporter for the North Devon Journal newspaper. The reporter asked how the 8 times Western Premier champions were preparing for the new season & where they see themselves a year from now, to which the new manager replied: "We've got a few Pre-Season games lined up, some really testing games at home to Dunfermline of the Scottish First Division & Irish outfit Home Farm & a few away trips to local sides. This time next season I really expect us to be in the Southern League; anything less will be considered a failure." Another question asked was about loyalty & the managers own future at Bideford: "I'll be here untill I'm forced out... or get a job offer from Kingstonian..."

(actuall season update will commence tonight when I'm home from work then pub. Will make sure to spell check before posting it lol!)

Last edited:
I used to live kind of near there... Merton, just past Torrington. Bideford is where I used to go job centre to sign on (A)

Bideford_crest.png

July '09 (Pre-Season) 2009/10
News:

Fri 10/07/09 - Bideford sort out the back room staff by hiring Lee Harvey (Player/Assistant Manager), Paul Braham (Coach), Sarah Francis (Physio) & Steve Jubb (Scout).

Sat 18/07/09 - Lee Cryer (ST) makes a free transfer from North West Coutnies Premier outfit Ramsbottom to join The Robins.​

Fixtures:

Thu 09/07/09 - Frome Town (a), Pre Season Friendly, 3-1 win, att: 49
Good start from the lads, going away to a team 1 step above us & comming back 3-1 winners. On this showing it seems I have inherited a tidy squad, but there's no harm in trying to better it!

Sat 18/07/09 - Brighton & Hove Albion (h), Pre Season Friendly, 0-2 defeat, att: 554
Wasn't expecting much from this game against professional opponents; it was more of a financial thing then testing my squad. Only conceeding 2 goals to a League One side is some kind of silver lining on this cloud I guess.

Sat 25/07/09 - Home Farm (h), Pre Season Friendly, 4-0 win, att: 63
Very pleased with the performance here, Home Farm are quite a respectable side that have produced some of the best players in Ireland. After making just one transfer, I already think I have a squad capable of producing the goods in the Western Premier, but I'll be looking for more reinforcements between now & our last two PSF's.

Last edited:
Bideford_crest.png

August '09 (Pre-Season) 2009/10
News:

Sat 01/08/09 - Managers monthly notes: Despite saying we already have a good squad here at Bideford, I have looked around for potential signings & I'm delighted to announce the free transfer of former Blackburn Rovers trainee 22 year old Peter Corvino (MC) & are looking for a couple of defenders before the Western Premier season starts.

Sun 02/08/09 - Bideford AFC are delighted to announce the signing of 19 year old centre back Jason Mitchell on a free transfer.​

Fixtures:

Sat 01/08/09 - Dunfermline (h), Pre Season Friendly, 3-5 defeat, att: 555
Very entertaining match! All 3 of Bideford's goals came from new signing Lee Cryer & we even led 3:2 at half time! Good display against vastly better opposition & a good crowd too to boost the finances!

Sat 08/08/09 - Enfield 1893 (h), Pre Season Friendly, 1-1 draw, att: 62
Cryer bagging his fourth goal in two games, before Enfield equalised in the 89th minute. Was a bit let down by the performance as a whole as Enfield are at the same level as us & I would have liked to have dominated the game.

Last edited:
Bideford_crest.png

August '09 - 2009/10

Sun 09/08/09 - News Article

13731.png

Bideford get new kit deal
Chairman Russell Steele has today announced that Bideford have signed a 2 season kit deal with Vandanel & this very newspaper, the North Devon Journal, will be Bideford's shirt sponsors for the 2009/10 season. We would all like to wish everyone at Bideford a fantastic season!

0910kits.PNG

Sat 15/08/09 - Match Report

13731.png

Hallen 0-1 Bideford, Western Premier (att: 336)
The Robins got the campaign off to a good start with 3 points in the opening fixture. It wasn't as simple as it sounds though, the game was looking increasingly to be a goalless draw untill Hallan's Steve Patrick put the ball into his own net on 79 minutes.

Wed 19/08/09 - Match Report

13731.png

Bideford 2-0 Bishop Sutton, Western Premier (att: 412)
A goal on the 45th minute from Jason Mitchell gave The Robins a half time advantage before a free kick from Leon Hapgood smahsed its way in on 67 minutes to seal the victory. Overall a comfortable win for Bideford with Bishop Sutton rarely finding the space to shoot all game.

Sat 22/08/09 - Match Report

13731.png

Longwell Green 2-1 Bideford, Western Premier (att: 149)
It was a case of 3rd time unlucky for Bideford today despite taking the lead on 57 minutes when Shane Tolley headded in a corner from the left. Longwell Green found a way back into the game on 76 minutes & claimed all 3 points with a 2nd goal 2 minutes from time.

Tue 25/08/09 - News Article

13731.png

Russell Steele looking to step down!
Bideford chairman Russell Steele is looking to step down from his position. Sources say that his successor may be promoted from within the current hierachy, but no deals have been made yet. Paul Grundy's job should be safe as he has only just joined The Robins in July.

Sat 29/08/09 - Match Report

nln24_mini_mh.jpg

Tiptree United 1-2 Bideford, FA Cup 2nd Qual Rd (att: 344)
Essex Senior League outfit Tiptree United were dumped out of the FA Cup after an efficient performance from The Robins. Bideford entered the 2nd half 2-0 up thanks to goals from Jason Mitchell on 35 minutes & Nick Skinner on 44 minutes. Tiptree pulled one back on 57 minutes but it wasn't enough to stop Bideford progressing to the 3rd Qualifying Round.

End of Month Report
Pld: 4
W: 3
D: 0
L: 1
F-A: 7-4
Top Scorer: Jason Mitchell (2 goals)

westernpremier08tab.PNG

The diehards, eh??? :p

Good luck mate, I'll follow.

Hey, we had almost 2000 turn up for an fa vase semi final before!! :)

Shame they don't turn up all the time :(

---------- Post added at 07:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:22 PM ----------

I used to live kind of near there... Merton, just past Torrington. Bideford is where I used to go job centre to sign on (A)

Yeah i know the place.
I use to play for the Bideford youth teams but was never good enough to play for first team.
Nice to be able to play at the sports ground though :)

Are they using the real player names for Bideford??

---------- Post added at 07:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 PM ----------

Ok, just read throught the whole thread and just realised they are using the real player names lol. Soz.

Yeah there are a few real names but a lot of regens too. The GK is real & has been doing a solid job so far! Will do another month at some point tonight :)

---------- Post added at 06:20 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 10:45 PM ----------

Bideford_crest.png

September '09 - 2009/10

Tue 01/09/09 - News Article
13731.png

Robins handed home draw
The FA Cup 3rd Qualifying Round draw was made a couple of days ago, Bideford will face United Counties Premier side Holbeach United to be played at The Sports Ground on Saturday 12th September 2009.​

Thu 03/09/09 - News Article
Skysportsnews.PNG

Consortium plans Robins takeover
Western Premier team Bideford could be taken over by a consortium of business men, possibly involving a former footballer. A spokesman for the group has revealed it is within a few weeks of approaching chairman Russell Steele with an offer. Still no news over the certainty of the managerial role should the takeover go through.​

Sat 05/09/09 - Match Report
13731.png

Bideford 4-1 Radstock Town, Western Premier (att: 378)
Bideford left it late to make this Western Premier match look as comfortable as it did. Taking the lead on 8 minutes thanks to a Nick Skinner tap in & doubling the lead shortly after half time through Shane Tolley. Radstock pulled one back on the 68th minute but it was in vein as Lee Cryer bagged two goals in the last 4 minutes.​

Wed 09/09/09 - Match Report
13731.png

Bideford 0-0 Bitton, Western Premier (att: 332)
Tipped as Bideford's biggest promotion rivals, last season's Western Premier champions Bitton showed why as they outplayed The Robins at The Sports Ground today. Fortunately Bitton were unable to find the net so the points were shared.

Sat 12/09/09 - Match Report
nln24_mini_mh.jpg

Bideford 1-0 Holbeach United, FA Cup 3rd Qual Rd (att: 404)
The FA Cup run continued for Bideford after Robbie Herrera scored the games only goal shortly after half time. Nick Skinner could have made it 2 with an injury time penalty, but the Holbeach keeper made a fantastic save. In other FA Competition news, Bideford will visit Combined Counties Division One outfit South Park in the FA Vase 2nd Qualifying Round on Saturday 19th September 2009.

Wed 16/09/09 - Match Report
13731.png

Larkhall 1-2 Bideford, Western Premier (att: 334)
Bideford go top of the Western Premier after victory in wind swept Bath. Once again it was a case of leaving it late when Robbie Herrera opened the scoring with a penalty on 63 minutes to put his tally up to 2 in 2 games; a 70th minute own goal put Bideford 2-0 up & Larkhall pulled one back 6 minutes later but it wasn't enough. The FA Cup 4th Qualifying Round draw see's Bideford travel to Eastern Counties Premier team Hadleigh United on Saturday 26th September 2009.

Sat 19/09/09 - Match Report
13731.png

South Park 2-2 Bideford, FA Vase 2nd Qual Rd (att: 117)
The bankrupt Reigate based football team South Park were 2-0 up against Western Premier leaders Bideford before super sub Darren Boon (making his senior debut after progressing through the youth ranks) struck twice in the 76th & 84th minutes to force a replay in an already fixture congested start to the season for The Robins.

Tue 22/09/09 - Match Report
13731.png

Bideford 1-0 South Park, FA Vase 2nd Qual Rd Replay (att: 162)
A small turnout from The Robins faithfull were present to see their side progress into the competition proper of the FA Vase after extra time. Leon Hapgood scored just after the restart on 91 minutes to help Bideford through to the 1st Round where they will host Kent based Tonbridge Wells on Saturday 3rd October.

Sat 26/09/09 - Match Report
nln24_mini_mh.jpg

Hadleigh United 1-2 Bideford, FA Cup 4th Qual Rd (att: 384)
It was a windy & rainy day in East Anglia, but that didn't stop Bideford progressing to the First Round proper of the FA Cup! After going a goal behind on 23 minutes, it took an own goal to level the scores on 52 minutes & Shane Tolley bagged a 69th minute winner to send the 100+ visiting Bideford fans home happy. Hadleigh also had two players sent off in this match.

Wed 30/09/09 - Match Report
13731.png

Barnstaple Town 0-1 Bideford, Western Premier (att: 137)
It was Bideford manager Paul Grundy's first ever taste of the Atlantic Highway derby & Shane Tolley made sure it wasn't a forgettable one with a 61st minute long range goal to gift Bideford all 3 points & keep them top of the Western Premier. The FA Cup 1st Round draw has been made & Bideford will travel to Northern Premier League Division One South side Brigg Town on Saturday 10th October 2009.

End of Month Report
Pld: 8
W: 6
D: 2
L: 0
F-A: 13-5
Top Scorer: Shane Tolley (3 goals)

westernpremier09tab.PNG

Last edited:
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f74/...ional-league-system-update-taking-t22238.html

there you go! it also includes a lot of lower league's league cup competition aswell as County Senior cup competitions.

---------- Post added at 04:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 PM ----------

Bideford_crest.png

October '09 - 2009/10

Sat 03/10/09 - Match Report
13731.png

Bideford 2-0 Tonbridge Wells, FA Vase 1st Round (att: 202)
The Vase run continued here at The Sports Ground today thanks to a 9th minute Tom Stocco goal & youngster Darren Boon getting his 3rd FA Vase goal of the season on 20 minutes.

Wed 07/10/09 - Match Report
13731.png

Bideford 1-0 Corsham, Western Premier (att: 277)
When 1st meets 2nd in the league, it is generally a thrilling encounter with both sides desperately going for the win & today was no different. Tom Stocco fired home a 70th minute penalty to keep Bideford on top. The FA Vase 2nd Round draw sees Bideford host Teversal on Saturday 14th November 2009.

(before I continue... for people who havn't played the England to level 10 db, the FA Cup is structured differently to real life, football league teams do not enter in Round 1, they start entering at Round 3)

Sat 10/10/09 - Match Report
nln24_mini_mh.jpg

Brigg Town 1-1 Bideford, FA Cup 1st Round (att: 277)
A trip up north to remember for the 50-strong travelling support. Brigg Town, 1 league step above Bideford, dominated & took lead from the 56th minute after a nightmare back pass by Robins left-back Dale Brooks. With the clock running the Bideford support, who never stopped singing the whole game, were treated to an epic last 5 minutes as Bideford had a goal dissalowed for a foul on 85 minutes & then went on to equalize with 2 minutes to go when Lee Cryer scrambled the ball over the line.

Sun 11/10/09 - News Article
13731.png

Robins boss pleased with defensive pair
Bideford chief Paul Grundy has publicly praised his choice centre back pairing of 39 year old Robbie Herrera & 19 year old Jason Mitchell. The Robins boss had this to say: "As much as I like to emphasise on attacking football, it's been my centre backs that have impressed me the most. We've got the best defensive record in the Western at this early stage of the season; Herrera & Mitchell has even bagged themselves a couple of goals each!"

Tue 13/10/09 - News Article
Skysportsnews.PNG

Consortium targets Bideford takeover
Takeover rumours at The Sports Ground gathered fresh momentum this week with Western Premier side Bideford the subjeckt of a £90k takeover bid. The Leyton-based consortium, led by business tycoon Dean Morrison, is reported to have stated that it intends to invest upwards of £60k in the club. Mr. Morrison has no connections with the Morrisons super market opposite The Sports Ground. A transfer embargo has been placed on The Robins untill the deal is concluded.

Wed 14/10/09 - Match Report
13731.png

Bideford 2-0 Sherborne Town, Western Premier (att: 256)
Nick Skinner gave Bideford the lead on 14 minutes & Lee Cryer doubled the socre on 35 minutes. The rest of the match played out without any major incidents. The winner of the FA Cup 1st Round replay will face a tough task as they will host Northern Premier League Premier Division high flyers Bradford Park Avenue in the 2nd Round.

Fri 16/10/09 - News Article
13731.png

Former Fulham star to join Bideford?
Sylvain Legwinski, formelly on the books of clubs like Fulham & Monaco, is a target for Robins boss Grundy. Legwinski is currently a player/coach at United Counties Premier team St. Neots Town & could be persuaded to take a similar role here in North Devon; the only stumbling block is the current transfer embargo in place at the club. In other news, tomorows FA Cup 1st Round Replay clash with Brigg Town is expected to bring in over 400 fans.

Sat 17/10/09 - Match Report
nln24_mini_mh.jpg

Bideford 1-0 Brigg Town, FA Cup 1st Round Replay (att: 456)
The Robins march on in the FA Cup after comming out on top of a close encounter with higher opposition in the form of Brigg Town. Shane Tolley put Bideford through with a well taken strike on 19 minutes. Bradford Park Avenue will be visiting The Sports Ground in the 2nd Round.

Wed 21/10/09 - Match Report
13731.png

Calne 1-0 Bideford, Western Premier (att: 125)
Fixture congestion finally caught up as Bideford have been playing every Wednesday & Saturday for over a month now due to the FA Cup & Vase runs. A 60th minute goal was enough to sink Bideford although they are still top of the Western Premier.

Sat 24/10/09 - Match Report
nln24_mini_mh.jpg

Bideford 2-3 Bradford Park Avenue, FA Cup 2nd Round (att: 407)
The cup run ended today at The Sports Ground thanks to 2 early goals from the Northern Premier League Premier Division side. Jason Mitchell pulled a goal back for The Robins just before half time & on the 75th minute Bideford were level when Leon Hapgood drilled in a goal from outside the box. It was a 83rd minute penalty that ended the game in Bradford PA's favour & they go through to the 3rd Round to join the Football League sides.

Tue 27/10/09 - Match Report
13731.png

Bideford 3-1 Dartmouth, Devon FA St. Lukes Cup 1st Round (att: 143)
A Bideford side heavily changed from the one that faced Bradford PA took to the field tonight in the Devon County Cup. A number of youth players made their debuts but it was the experiance of Hapgood & Tolley that proved to be the turning point as they scored 3 goals between them, Hapgood getting 2 & Tolley scoring the other.

Thu 29/10/09 - News Article
Skysportsnews.PNG

Takeover on the rocks & Herrrera news
Bideford are thought to be close to pulling the plug on a consortium's proposed takeover of the club, claiming that they had not yet seen evidence that the group possesed enough finance. Dulwich Hamlet of the Isthmian Division One South have signed Bideford legend Robbie Herrera; the transfer won't be completed untill after Bideford's attempt at promotion from the Western Premier. A friendly match will be played at The Sports Ground as part of the deal.

Sat 31/10/09 - Match Report
13731.png

Bideford 2-1 Street, Western Premier (att: 241)
The final game from a total of 9 this month saw a tired Bideford go behind on the 17th minute but still pick up 3 points after Hapgood continued his impressive run of form with another goal on 32 minutes & youngster Richard Driver came on off the bench to score the winner on 51 minutes.

End of Month Report
Pld: 9
W: 6
D: 1
L: 2
F-A: 14-7
Top Scorer: Leon Hapgood (4 goals)​

Last edited:
Good luck and great layout ill follow. what level of the football pyramid do you start from?

finally finished october! was a long month thanks to takeovers & cup runs!

---------- Post added at 07:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:46 AM ----------

Bideford_crest.png

November '09 - 2009/10

Sun 01/11/09 - News Article
Skysportsnews.PNG

Consortium pull plug
A consortium of businessmen have pulled out of a potential takeover of Bideford, claiming a lack of funds to secure the deal. Due to the takeover collapse the transfer embargo has been lifted & Robins manager Grundy has stated he will look to add to his over worked squad before any more embargo's & takeovers happen!​

Wed 04/11/09 - Match Report
13731.png

Bideford 0-1 Willand Rovers, Western Premier (att: 228)
As crowds at The Sports Ground slowly decline, so does Bideford's aura of superiority in the division. Willand Town won the match today with The Robins rarely testing Mark Taylor in the Willand goal. Mark Martin socred the only goal of the game on the 26th minute.

Thu 05/11/09 - News Article
Skysportsnews.PNG

Robins get their man!
Sylvain Legwinski has signed for Western Premier outfit Bideford AFC. The Frenchman has previously played Premiership football with Fulham & has won the French league with Monaco on 2 occasions. Manager Paul Grundy had this to say on the subject: "We've had to let a couple of people go to make room for Sylvain, but I feel it was the right move for us. His experiance will be absolutly vital as we push for promotion." David Steele & player/assistant manager Lee Harvey were the players released. Grundy added: "Sylvain is currently only here on a playing contract, which is something I will look to discuss with him over the comming weeks."

legwinski.PNG

Sat 07/11/09 - Match Report
13731.png

Wellington 3-2 Bideford, Western Premier (att: 98)
Top met bottem today as Bideford hopped county to Sommerset to face Wellington. The continued run of two games every week has left the club drained as Wellington converted 3, yes 3, penalties. Driver & Stocco socrers for The Robins as Bideford stay top of the league, but for how long with this form? In other news coach Paul Braham has accepted an offer to be promoted to the assistant manager role.

Wed 11/11/09 - Match Report
13731.png

Bideford 1-2 Ilfracombe Town, Western Premier (att: 231)
This North Devon derby proved to be 3 defeats in 3 games for The Robins, who were knocked off the top spot by Dawlish Town. Bideford were already 2-0 down when youth team product Joe Woods scored just before the half time whistle.

Sat 14/11/09 - Match Report
13731.png

Bideford 3-2 Teversal, FA Vase 2nd Round (att: 120)
Two Legwinski goals & another from Hapgood fire Bideford into the 3rd Round of the FA Vase. Back to their best, The Robins were 3-0 up on 50 minutes before the North-Eastern opponents fought back & were only one goal down by the 71st minute but Bideford 'parked the team bus infront of goal' to keep hold of the victory.

Wed 18/11/09 - Match Report
13731.png

Dawlish Town 1-2 Bideford, Western Premier (att: 219)
Bideford return to the top of the Western Premier after a hard fought battle at the Playing Fields in Dawlish. Shane Tolley's 8th minute wonder strike was doubled 10 minutes later by Leon Hapgood; Dawlish got their only goal on 54 minutes. Bideford will travel to Sussex to face Ringmer in the FA Vase 3rd Round.

Sat 21/11/09 - Match Report
13731.png

Bideford 0-0 Welton Rovers, Western Premier (att: 242)
Bideford were denied a penalty as Welton held The Robins to a draw, it was a match played out with little incident in wet North Devon keeps Bideford on top of the league. Jason Mitchell has picked up his 5th yellow & will miss the next match.

Wed 25/11/09 - Match Report
13731.png

Bristol Manor Farm 1-2 Bideford, Western Premier (att: 97)
Bristol was the destination this time for The Robins as another 3 points were claimed. Leon Hapgood opened the scoring on 40 minutes to give Bideford the half time advantage but Bristol MF equalized with a 50th minute penalty. New talisman Sylvain Legwinski struck a free kick from just ouside the box to win the game for Bideford.

Sat 28/11/09 - Match Report
13731.png

Chard Town 2-0 Bideford, Les Phillips Cup 1st Round (att: 100)
Bideford fielded most of their second string in this League Cup fixture. Due to the continued fixture congestion manager Paul Grundy has stated he will be giving some of his youngsters & fringe players a run out in the League & County cups. Chard took the lead on the 12th minute & finalised the result with a 2nd goal 5 minutes from time.

End of Month Report
Pld: 8
W: 3
L: 4
F-A: 10-12
Top Scorer: Leon Hapgood & Sylvain Legwinski (3 goals)​

Last edited:
I really like your layout mate. And not a bad season so far either ;)

Good luck and great layout ill follow. what level of the football pyramid do you start from?

start from level 9 out of a possible 10

I really like your layout mate. And not a bad season so far either ;)

yeah season has been going well, had a bit of a blip in November but managed to keep top of the league for now & Legwinski was a massive signing for a club at this level!

---------- Post added at 05:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:03 PM ----------

Bideford_crest.png

December '09 - 2009/10

Wed 02/12/09 - Match Report
13731.png

Melksham Town 1-1 Bideford, Western Premier (att: 91)
A final 10 minutes to remember as Lee Cryer looked to have won the game for Bideford in the 82nd minutem but Melksham weren't finished off as just 2 minutes later they got an equalizer against the run of play.

Sat 05/12/09 - Match Report
13731.png

Ringmer 2-1 Bideford, FA Vase 3rd Round (att: 191)
The Robins made the journey to Sussex to play Sussex Division One team Ringmer. The Vase run was over, despite taking a 5th minute lead through Joe Woods, Ringmer were level just 3 minutes later & struck the winner on 62 minutes.

Wed 16/12/09 - Match Report
13731.png

Bideford 3-0 Brislington Town, Western Premier (att: 226)
It took only 10 minutes to turn a goaless match into a 3-0 thumping for Bideford today. With the scores level at half time, Bideford came out inspired & Shane Tolley opened the scoring with a screamer from the edge of the area in the 46th minute. Super Sylvain Legwinski doubled the lead for The Robins also struck from outside the area on 50 minutes & Tolley doubled his personal tally for the day with a 55th minute goal.

Sat 19/12/09 - Match Report
13731.png

Bideford 4-0 Hallen, Western Premier (att: 249)
The Western Premier campaign started at Hallen & at this mid point in the season Bideford are exactly where the media predicted them to be: sitting on top of the Western Premier. A 4-0 win & a real sign that this is really could be Bideford's season! Herrera struck first on 31 minutes & his defensive partner Mitchell put The Robins 2-0 up in the 37th minute. After half time Cryer scored in the 49th minute & Skinner finished the job with Bideford's 4th goal on 83 minutes.

Sat 26/12/09 - Match Report
13731.png

Bishop Sutton 3-1 Bideford, Western Premier (att: 89)
This Boxing Day clash signed Bideford off with a defeat for the year 2009 but they also finish the year 2 points clear of Bitton at the top of the Western Premier. Going 1-0 up early on through an own goal, Bideford never really played their best as Bishop Sutton scored 3 goals & won the game.

End of Month Report
Pld: 5
W: 2
L: 2
F-A: 10-6
Top Scorer: Lee Cryer & Shane Tolley (2 goals)

Last edited:
Bideford_crest.png

End of Year (2009) Round Up - 2009/10

It's the end of the year, here's what is happening elsewhere in my world:

premierleague-logo-small.gif

Premier League (1)
Leaders: Chelsea (above Liverpool on GD)
Champions League Spots: Liverpool, Manchester United, Sunderland
Over Achieving: Sunderland in 4th place
Under Achieving: Arsenal in 9th place
Relegation Spots: Fulham, Portsmouth, Birmingham City
Biggest Transfer: £20.5m Maxi Rodriguez, Atletico Madrid to Manchester City

Coca-Cola%20Football%20League%20logo.jpg

Football League Championship (2)
Leaders: Sheffield United (above West Brom on GD)
Promotion Spot(s): West Brom
Play Off Spots: Nottingham Forest, Preston North End, Newcastle United, Cardiff City
Relegation Spots: Coventry City, Blackpool, Reading

Football League One (3)
Leaders: Charlton Athletic
Promotion Spot(s): Norwich City
Play Off Spots: Bristol Rovers, Southend United, Oldham Athletic, Southampton
Relegation Spots: Gillingham, Brentford, Stockport County, Yeovil Town

Football League Two (4)
Leaders: Morecambe
Promotion Spot(s): Notts County, Rotherham
Play Off Spots: Torquay United, Bradford City, Crewe Alexandra, Northampton Town
Relegation Spots: Dagenha & Redbridge, Cheltenham Town

Football%20Conference%20logo.gif

Football Conference Premier (5)
Leaders: Stevenage Borough (above Cambridge United on GD)
Play Off Spots: Cambridge United, Luton Town, Wrexham, Oxford United
Relegation Spots: Chester City, Altrincham, Forest Green Rovers, Tamworth

Football Conference North (6n)
Leaders: Southport

Football Conference South (6s)
Leaders: Eastleigh

Lower League Leaders Round Up:

7i - Isthmian League Premier Division: Sutton United
7n - Northern Premier League Premier Division: Nantwich Town
7s - Southern League Premier Division: Truro City

8in - Isthmian League Division One North: Heybridge Swifts
8is - Isthmian League Division One South: Metropolitan Police
8nn - Northern Premier League Division One North: Curzon Ashton
8nn - Northern Premier League Division One South: Market Drayton
8sm - Southern League Division One Midlands: Chesham United
8ss - Southern League Division One South/West: Uxbridge

Major Cups
Community Shield: Chelsea (beat Manchester United 1-1 pens)
Club World Cup: Barcelona (beat Club de Futbol Atlante 4-0)