Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hey all, I'm going to write a story about my Stoke City career. I will post monthly updates including games, league tables etc. Any comments on how I could improve the story would be welcome.

Foster Hired As New Potters Manager
Just days after Tony Pulis left his beloved Stoke City, Chairman Peter Coates has appointed the next manager of Stoke. Tony Pulis is said to have left the club because he had lost his love for football and had decided to pursue other management careers away from football. In a press conference this morning, Chairman Coates introduced his new manager Mr Foster who released his first press comment - " Hello everyone, I am delighted to be hired a manager of this wonderful club. I feel the club had a great manager in Pulis and I believe the finances of the club have been managed well to put Stoke in a promising position.I hope I am the man to take Stoke to new and greater things and will strive to help the club achieve european qualification within 3 years. However, the squad I have inherited is Pulis' squad and not mine, therefore I will be taking full advantage of the transfer window so I can construct a squad I think can challenge for silverware."

Season Expectation: Mid Table Finish - £8 million​

Foster Completes Ruthless Removal
New Stoke Manager Foster has sold a huge £46 million worth of players in the first few weeks of the season!
Some of the major transfers include;
Kitson -> 7 M -> Genoa
Beattie -> 6.25M -> Fiorentina
Fuller -> 6.75M -> Genoa
Lawrence -> 7M -> Sunderland
Higginbotham -> 5M -> Bordeaux
Pugh, Griffin and Delap have also completed moves to Sunderland.

Foster targets quality and youth
After axing many ageing average players from his squad, Stoke Manager Foster now £30 million at his finger tips to spend on players. Foster wants to buy a couple of forwards and sign some back up for his hardened defense. Rumours have been flying around the Brittania that Argentina Star Diego Buonanotte may be on his way to Stoke.

---------- Post added at 03:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:03 AM ----------

Good luck :) Hoofball! :p

Haha cheers mate , please follow

Yeap I like when team is build up with youngsters. I recommend to Buy Rodwell, but hes price is too salty i guess !
Good luck with the challenge :D

Potters complete trio of signings
New manager Foster has made huge moves in the transfer market, spending almost £24 million on three players.
Pacey flair playerDiego Buonanotte has completed his £9 million pound move to the Brittania.
Also, hot prospect Lacina Traoare has signed for Stoke for a reported £2.5 million, he rejected offers from Bayern and Madrid stating that he wanted to be a first team regular.
Finally, and argubly the biggest transfer for Stoke is the aquisition of powerful striker Demba Ba from Hoffenheim. The fee is estimated to around £12 million and Foster hopes Ba can spearhead that ascent up the premier league.

August Update to come ! :D:D

Pre Season Summary

I have decided to use a 4-1-2-1-2 formation, you will find my formation, squad and team instructions below.

View attachment 41671
View attachment 41670
Here is all my transfer activity so far this summer. Although I have sold many 'important' players to other clubs I believe I have reinvested well and now have a smaller but more able squad. As Matthew Etherington doesn't suit my formation, I am also reluctantly looking to move him on.
View attachment 41672

My games in August couldn't be much tougher as I have Tottenham and Man City away and then Arsenal and Aston Villa at home. Hopefully, I will have beginner's luck !

I would like to make my story as interactive as possible so anyone following the story can have some influence on my decisions ( especially transfers) in my game. To get the ball rolling, can anyone suggest a attacking midfielder who would be interested in joining Stoke. I have £1.5 million left to spend. Any help would be appreciated.:D

Hey, this is my first update of the 2009/10 season

August Update
Potters Struggle With Tough Start
With four very tough matches to start the season, I wasn't expecting many if any points in the premier league. However, I was hoping to beating Scunthorpe in the league cup 2nd round.
Tottenham 2-1 Stoke
(Keane, Lennon) (Traore)

Man City 1-0 Stoke
(Dickinson O.G.)

Stoke 2-0 Arsenal:D
(Tuncay, Buonanotte)

Scunthorpe 1-1 Stoke (5-3 Pens):'(
(Hooper)(Tonge)

Stoke 0-1 Aston Villa
(Agbonlahor)

Good : Massive win against Arsenal, competitive away performances and strong defense
Bad: Losing to Scunthorpe and only having Demba Ba, Whelan and Whitehead available for one match this month.
Summary
Good performances not really backed up with points, however as we will have easier fixtures in the coming months I think we can make a positive start to the season.
View attachment 41765 View attachment 41764
Player of the month - Ryan Shawcross
View attachment 41763

I would like to make my story as interactive as possible so anyone following the story can have some influence on my decisions ( especially transfers) in my game. To get the ball rolling, can anyone suggest a attacking midfielder who would be interested in joining Stoke. I have £1.5 million left to spend. Any help would be appreciated.:D

In my first season with Stoke I signed Jari Litmanen as an AM. Then in my second season I signed Deco. You would definately be able to afford Litmanen, as a bit of competition for Tunny

Good job in signing Buonanotte.Signed him when I was trying to make a new tactic with Stoke.Good luck :)

September Update
Free Scoring Stoke Gain September Success
This month fixtures looked a lot less challenging than August's fixtures. Stoke visit St Andrews and welcome Blackburn and the mighty Liverpool to the Brittania.
Birmingham 4-2 Stoke
(Ferguson x 2, Philips, McFadden)(Tuncay, Montgomery)
Stoke 5-3 Blackburn
(Ba x 3:p, Tuncay, Traore)(Nelson, Hasebe, McCarthy)
View attachment 42086
Stoke 1-0 Liverpool:D:D
(Tuncay)
Good: Massive win against Liverpool at home! Demba Ba getting in goalscoring form.
Bad: Conceding too many goals and poor away performances
Summary
Did well to gain six points this month, however, I was hoping to get something from the Birmingham match. Overall, I think we have started the season really well.
View attachment 42084 View attachment 42085
Player of the Month: Tuncay
View attachment 42083

October Update
Potters Unbeatable in October
Stoke have games against Everton, Burnley and Chelsea away and Fulham at home this month. The Stoke Manager will be targeting two wins.
Everton 0-0 Stoke

Burnley 1-4 Stoke
(Fletcher)(Tuncay x 2, Fleck, Huth)
View attachment 42229
Stoke 0-0 Fulham

Chelsea 1-1 Stoke
(Alex)(Ba)

Good: Beating Burnley away from home and the great draw at Stamford Bridge.
Bad: Not scoring against Fulham to win.
Summary
A really good month, Stoke bagged 6 points from 4 games! Next month presents some very "winnable" games so hopefully we can go on a run.
View attachment 42230 View attachment 42231
Player of the month: Thomas Sorenson
View attachment 42228

November Update
Stoke Drop Vital Points
Stoke hosted Wigan and Wolves at home, and travelled to Bolton in November.
Stoke 1-1 Wigan
(Montgomery)(Ketelear)
Bolton 0-1 Stoke
(Traore)
Stoke 1-2 Wolves
(Traore)(Ebanks-Blake,Chun-Soo)
Good: I expected the win against Bolton, but that was good.
Bad: The other two performances were woeful and Tuncay has had a dip in form.
Summary
Overall, a poor month, hopefully we can have a strong festive period.
View attachment 42297 View attachment 42298
Player of the Month: Lacina Traore
View attachment 42296

December Update
No Christmas Luck for Stoke
Stoke had to endure a very congested fixture list over the festive period. The Potters welcomed West Ham, Portsmouth, Man Utd and Man City to the Britannia. They also travelled to Hull, Sunderland and Arsenal.
Hull 0-3 Stoke
(Traore, Buonanotte, Ba)
Stoke 3-3 West Ham
(Ba x 2, Tuncay)(Kovac, Cole, Diamanti)
Sunderland 0-4 Stoke
View attachment 42379
Stoke 0-1 Portsmouth
(Mokoena)
Stoke 0-2 Manchester United
(Carrick, Vidic)
Stoke 1-5 Manchester City
View attachment 42378
Arsenal 3-0 Stoke
(Arshavin x 2, Rosicky)
Good: Recording convincing wins against Sunderland and Hull.
Bad: Although I expected the 3 final defeats, I was upset with the draw against West Ham and the loss to Pompey. Also, I was without Demba Ba for the last four matches of the month.
Summary
I knew this would be a very tough month because of the difficult matches. However, I hope I will be able to pick it up. Although Demba Ba was injured for most of the month, he still picked up Player of the Month :S:S
View attachment 42376 View attachment 42377
Player of the Month: Demba Ba
View attachment 42375

Burdisso Set To Sign For Potters
Stoke will sign 28 year old experienced centre back Nicolas Burdisso from Inter Milan on a free transfer in July. Burdisso said " I am happy to move to a club like Stoke, I felt like I had exhausted my time in Italy and wanted to move to England to enjoy a different type of football. With Stokes fans and quality of players, I believe I will fit in easily and help the club progress."
burdisso4.jpg

January 2010 Update
New Decade, Same Stoke
This month Stoke travelled to Aston Villa and welcomed Tottenham, Birmingham and Burnley to Stoke-on-Trent. Also, the FACUP began this month and Stoke were set to play Barnsley in the 3rd Round.
(FA Cup 3rd Round)
Stoke 2-0 Barnsley
(Tuncay, Faye)
Stoke 1-1 Tottenham
(Montgomery)(Huddlestone)
Aston Villa 2-1 Stoke
(Carew, Delfouneso)(Traore)
(FA Cup 4th Round)
Peterborough 0-0 Stoke

Stoke 1-0 Birmingham
(Buonanotte)
Stoke 1-0 Burnley
(Tuncay)
Good: I met all my expectations this month so I'm really happy. Also, didn't concede many.
Bad: Not much, maybe having to play a replay against Peterborough
Summary
Really good month, I'm targeting between 7th-10th place.
View attachment 42709 View attachment 42710
Player of the Month: Thomas Sorensen
View attachment 42708

I'll be following. Stoke are my local team. Can't believe you managed get 7M for Dave Kitson! In my second season with Stoke I managed bring in Jo who scored for fun for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.