From Russia With Love: A Chelsea FC Story

great story mate not to bother you but could you maybe check out mine? Liverpool FC : Back to glory its my 1st time trying a story and im having a hard time with the layout thanks :) really good story mate

4eef79917a3f3.preview-300.jpg

"I have to win Champions League": Pavel Glazkov

Chelsea manager, Pavel Glazkov, has told the Sun newspaper that he has to win the Champions League this season or he will be sacked regardless of what else he achieves. Chelsea face Dinamo in their third group game this week and Roman Abramovich has turned up the heat on the Chelsea manager to win the top prize in club football this season. "I have to win the Champions League, it is as simple as that," Glazkov told the Sun.

Roman Abramovich is a man who has been obsessed with Europe's top prize since arriving at Chelsea and all of his previous managers have failed to capture the elusive trophy. Avram Grant came closest when Chelsea came runners up to Manchester United, but Glazkov remains upbeat. "Last season we came so close and we only lost to Madrid because of bad injuries in the squad. We beat them 2-0 in the first leg and beat AC Milan, Napoli and Bayer Leverkusen to get to them in the quarter finals. I hope for a bit more luck this season but I'll be careful what I wish for because we all know what can happen." Real Madrid went on to win their 10th European title that season.

roman-abramovich.jpg

Chelsea have won everything there is to win under Abramovich's reign, apart from the Champions League

Sorry guys I'm so annoyed. My game has for some reason gone back to the start of October and I'll have to play Lyon, Spurs and WBA again. Hopefully I can beat Spurs this time but I really don't know how this has happened.

I'm just going to edit the previous update instead of a new post.

May I ask what tactic are you/ were you playing?

Hi guys unfortunately something went wrong with this game and for some reason it has skipped back quite a bit. I don't know if I did something but its very annoying and has sort of put me off doing anymore in this save because of it happening again as I put a lot of my time into.

I may start a new story soon, I'm not sure though.

OCT.jpg

EUFA Champions League
Stamford Bridge

Chelsea 2-2 Lyon
(Fernando Torres x2)
MOTM: Fernando Torres

A Chelsea squad without Cech, Cole, Lavezzi, Mata, Essien and Ivanovich was always going to struggle against a full-strength Lyon side. It didn't look that way when Torres powered Chelsea into a 2-0 lead within 20 minutes, however when David Luiz fouled Michel Bastos in the penalty area, Lisandro Lopez pulled one back for Lyon. Frank Lampard replaced Mateo Kovacic at half time but it wasn't enough to help the Blues keep their lead as Baeftimbi Gomis grabbed an equaliser on the 78th minute.

Barclays Premier League
Stamford Bridge

Chelsea 3-2 Tottenham Hotspur
(Fernando Torres x2, Romelu Lukaku)
MOTM: Fernando Torres

Despite the close scoreline, Chelsea dominated this London derby to continue their winning streak in the league. 9 minutes in Torres latched onto Neymar's low cross to put Chelsea one up. Edinson Cavani headed in an equaliser for Spurs on the 31st minute, but less than a minute later Torres got his and Chelsea's second as he linked up with Neymar again. Romelu Lukaku headed in Frank Lampard's corner to make it 3-1 at half time. Chelsea pushed for a fourth throughout the second half but Gomes played well in the Spurs goal. Michael Dawson's header on the 85th minute meant Chelsea would have to spend the last few minutes on edge but the Champions came out victorious.

torresterry.jpg

Torres has been in inspirational form this season with 8 goals in 6 league games.

Serious Injury For David Luiz

Brazil and Chelsea defender, David Luiz, will face 5 months on the sidelines with a fractured skull. Luiz picked up the injury in an international friendly with Spain. The centre-back jumped for the same ball as fellow Chelsea player, Fernando Torres. Luiz was left unconscious on the floor until an ambulance got onto the pitch at the Maracana to take Luiz to a nearby hospital where a scan revealed a fracture to his skull.

Pavel Glazkov has made a comment to the press today about the incident, "I speak for everyone here at Chelsea in wishing David a successful recovery. No one likes to see this happen and we have been in contact with the Brazilian FA about the incident and we both think it is best not to get in any dispute about international friendlies and injuries as we need to stand together to help David have the best possible recovery."

David-Luiz--007.jpg

Adding insult to injury; Brazil lost 3-0 to the World Champions who has 10 men, Torres got 2 goals

Barclays Premier League
The Hawthorns

West Bromwich Albion 2-3 Chelsea
(Romelu Lukaku x2, Fernando Torres)
MOTM: Romelu Lukaku

Chelsea stood strong against a good West Brom side in great game in the Black Country. Romelu Lukaku headed Chelsea 1-0 up inside 2 minutes from Juan Mata's corner, who was playing for the first time since his injury. Debutant, Marc Muniesa then lost Chris Brunt who pulled it back level. Lukaku got his second when he placed his shot past Frank Fielding in the West Brom goal. In the second half Ashley Cole and Ezequiel Lavezzi came off their bench after their injury spells. Ramires fed in Torres, who lost his marker, on the 62nd minute to put Chelsea 3-1. Shane Long came off the bench to score for Albion with the last kick of the game. 8 games in and Chelsea still have a 100% record.

EUFA Champions League
Stamford Bridge

Chelsea 5-1 GNK Dinamo
(Neymar x2, Fernando Torres x2, John Terry)
MOTM: Ezequiel Lavezzi
Neymar sent off

10 men Chelsea brushed aside GNK Dinamo in the Champions League. Neymar's first half double put Chelsea in a demanding position before half time. Neymar was unfairly ruled offside to deny him of his hat-trick and his dissent earned him a yellow card. A poor challenge shortly after meant he was shown his second yellow as he went from hero to zero, Dinamo then scored from the resulting free kick to rub salt in the wound. However, substitute Fernando Torres had other ideas when he scored 2 goals on the 76th and 80th minute. John Terry then headed in Chelsea's 5th and final goal from a Lavezzi corner. Lavezzi's impressive wing play and 2 assists meant he picked up the man of the match award in a good showing where Mateo Kovacic and Sime Vrsaljko played against their former club.

167109hp2.jpg

Neymar's red card almost cost Chelsea the win, however his two goals were his first in European competition.

Barclays Premier League
Madejski Stadium

Reading 0-2 Chelsea
(Fernando Torres, Neymar)
MOTM: Neymar
Juan Mata & Chris Gunter sent off

Reading still search for their first win whilst Chelsea maintain their 100% in a top versus bottom clash. Fernando Torres was picked out by Juan Mata to put Chelsea ahead on the 35th minute. Little happened up til the 53rd minute when Neymar turned in Torres' lay off.

Controversy then gripped the game when a mass brawl occurred after Chris Gunter's late tackle on Neymar. Chris Gunter picked up an instant yellow, but Juan Mata's interference caused things to heat up again. Mata was dragged away from the crowd by his team mates. Keith Stroud later showed Juan Mata's second yellow for his involvement in the fracas leaving Chelsea with 10 men. Moments after play resumed, Chris Gunter tackled Mateo Kovacic and kicked the Croatian midfielder whilst on the deck. Gunter was somehow shown a second yellow by the referee and not a straight red. The game finally calmed down and fizzled out to a 2-0 Chelsea win courtesy of the goalscoring duo of Torres and Neymar.

SNF06HEAD2-532_1485239a.jpg

Juan Mata was seething having shown a second yellow card.

Chelsea Player of the Month
Sponsored by Sony

Fernando Torres

Fernando-torres-1200.jpg

Torres scored 8 goals during October to maintain their 100% record.

Barclays Premier League

oct2012.png

Chelsea lead the way having won all their games. The top 5 is as predicted so far with West Brom overachieving yet again in 6th. Wolves, Swansea and Norwich have enjoyed decent starts, but Leicester, Sunderland and Bolton have had a poor start. Reading picked up their first win of the season on the last day of the month against Arsenal.

bbcsport.png

Neymar: "We will keep on winning"

Chelsea and Brazil wonderkid Neymar has told BBC Sport that Chelsea will 'keep on winning'. Chelsea sit top of the table having won all 9 Premier League games so far. Their only loss so far being 1-0 to Wolves in the League Cup with an inexperienced side.

"Chelsea are a brilliant team and I'm very glad to be playing here with players like David Luiz, Frank Lampard and Torres. Pavel Glavkoz and Roman Abramovich are running the club well and it's an honour to play here. We have some good games coming up and we will keep on winning because we have the best team, manager and chairman in Europe. I hope we win the Champions League this season, that and the World Cup are the two things I want to win in my career."

Neymar has lit up the Bridge since his £40m transfer in August. He has netted 12 times in only 9 league games and has settled in very well creating a good partnership with Fernando Torres.

Neymar-maravillado-con-Barca.jpg

Huge story pal
Neymar is a machine... keep on that track gd luck
at the champions league