From taxi driver to World Class manager

khemo

Reaction score
Hello fellow managers,I just want to say that this will be a little different story and it is also my first story ever,sorry if I don't write some things correctly because I'm not English and feel free to give advices and other comments,and now let the story begin...

SAME OLD JOB

It's a another hot summer day in Bosnia,I'm on street in my taxi waiting for customers and thinking about my unrealized dream to be a football manager.I finshed my studies for coaches in Sarajevo (main city of Bosnia and Herzegovina) and came back at my home town Tuzla.I was also in London at FC Barnet talking with their managment and learning tactical tricks.But here in Tuzla I could not find job that I love and I started to drive a taxi...it's so sad,I'm 33 years old and my wife making more money than me,she is a doctor.Suddenly someone is entered in my car and I didn't knew it was a person who will take to football managment....View attachment 75876

Looks alright mate

Better Layout will certainly help

LEAVE THE TAXI FOR GOOD

The person who entered in my taxi was Enes Mesanovic,former football player but now he is director of football at local club.Belive it or not we are distant relatives,he was in hurry and I drove him to work.We talked about football and my history and he told me that FK Sloboda need manager.Hard times for our local club,finances are bad and nobody doesn't want to take the job,fans are mad because club has lost European place because debts.Enes got out from car and told to come at stadium tomorrow,it seems like I'm the only option for them now....

NEXT DAY

I took day of from my boring job and I didn't told anything to my wife about Enes,I picked up my documents and went to stadium to talk about my possible new job.Enes is waiting for me in front of board room and we get in there together,the chairman Salih Sabotic told me about the situation at club and asked me if I want to be the manager of their club,of course I said yes and I was so excited.I signed the contract and start to work immediately,I called my ex boss an told him that I will not drive taxi anymore,so my first task is backroom meeting.

FK SLOBODA TUZLA
View attachment 75898
FK Sloboda (Football Club Freedom) is a football club from city Tuzla,Bosnia and Herzegovina,and they playing in Premier League of B&H since it was founded.FK Sloboda was one of the stronger teams in former Yugoslavia,they qualified for UEFA Cup 1977-78 and play with Las Palmas,it was 5-0 in Spain for Las Palmas and 4-3 in Tuzla for Sloboda,since war FK Sloboda didn't make any big result and it's a hard time for the club now.They play at Stadion Tusanj in Tuzla with capacity of 8500.
View attachment 75907
The name of fans is FUKARE (ragtags)
View attachment 75908

I will make updates every month,hope you will follow.

As I slowly getting into this job my Assistent showed me some important documents and info about the players and staff.There is no transfer budget and there is a loan until 30.6.2012 but the balance isn't critical and I don't have to pay my players in bags of potatoes
View attachment 75953

The player who will have one of the main role at the club is Tarik Okanovic

View attachment 75954

These players are probably unknown to most of you but let's see the transfers for the upcoming season

View attachment 75955
View attachment 75957

And we played some friendly games and here are results

View attachment 75958

Board wants respectable position and quarter final of Cup but I will try to win the Cup and get Euro place,the season is started and update of first month coming soon,Kemal Hajdarevic is now football manager

Are you on FM09, and like the way you dont get some normal taxi u get a **** one!

Thank you guys for following (Hvala Mrescpy)...and the story goes:

August 2009

I'm sitting in my office and the first match of season should begin for a few minutes,I'm a little bit nervous this is my first league match in career and it's not any match,it's a big derby FK Sarajevo are visitors and the stadium is full and of course match is on TV.Assistent knocked on the door and told me that we should go on the pitch.I take a deep breath and step outside...
View attachment 76097

Match wasn't so attractive,we had a better possesion but without goals,Alen Skoro scored a late goal for Sarajevo but it was canceled because obvious foul
View attachment 76100

I can't be unhappy because this result,one point is pretty good against better opponent

View attachment 76101

My next match was also important,Cup match against weak opponent and I was confident of big win
View attachment 76104

I'm very happy with this win,remeber that my goal is to win the Cup and get Euro place so this is good start

One more memorable match this month was on Stadion Pecara at Siroki Brijeg,we were underdogs but my players showed class performance
View attachment 76107View attachment 76108

Very nice result here and the fans were happy,good way to get their symphathy

All fixtures for this month:
View attachment 76115

There was a shocking defeat against Olimpik Sarajevo,we underestimated them and they punished us,it should not happen again.

League table so far
View attachment 76117

This guy seems to be a nice bargain,34 years old but solid performance so far
View attachment 76123

I'm thinking about another free transfer because I need improvements on DM position but I'm not sure yet

Autumn is coming and our next Cup match is against FK Fojnica,I predict successful month in front of us,we will see

SEPTEMBER & OCTOBER 2009 UPDATE

ARE WE JUST LUCKY?

The last two months have passed quickly,yesterday I met my old friend who is passionate fan of FK Sloboda and we had a nice talk about season,club and players.He told me that fans are very happy with the results so far and told me to keep going.Tonight I decided to go on dinner with my wife and friends,we didn't talk about football and it was pleasant to forget about the job for a little bit.After great time with my friends I turned on the TV because I can't sleep without football and started to watch the show about our Premier league results so far,great chance to see what media talking about us and to remind myself what we made in past two months...
View attachment 76307

View attachment 76308 VS View attachment 76309

FK Slavija holding first place of the table and their visitors were FK Sloboda,coach of Slavija told the press that he belive they can beat Sloboda easily.Boys from Tuzla played very well through whole match and managed to score two goals.Fans and staff of FK Slavija were stunned and left the stadium SRC Slavija with sad faces.
View attachment 76310

The two Cup games were played and FK Sloboda won both

View attachment 76311View attachment 76312

Rudar (U) was tight-fisted opponent but Sloboda beat them on penaltys

Premier League match at Mostar has been played in great atmosphere.HSK Zrinjski fans showed real passion but Hajdarevic and his boys have survived this tough away game and bring another 3 points in their town.
View attachment 76325View attachment 76313

Fixtures for these two months

View attachment 76315

League table

View attachment 76314

...After info about one of my best player is injured I wasn't in the mood this morning,Sarajlic suffered tough injury and he is out for 5 months

View attachment 76329
View attachment 76328

I read the newspaper and find this interesting article,media is talking about me and my club
View attachment 76338

I was on meeting with my staff when personal assistent called and told that HSK Zrinjski want to offer me a job as their manager.I told the press that I'm not interested and I'm loyal to my fans and club.I will stay here for a while and see how things will develop.

NOVEMBER 2009 UPDATE

Half of the season is over and I'm happy with my team so far.This morning we had great training and players looked motivated and happy.Chairman told that i't s been a long time since we had this kind of atmosphere in the club and he was pleased with my managment.We need to keep good form through the next month and finish on first place at the end of autumn part of season.

Another derby on our stadium was against FK Zeljeznicar.It was a tough game with many chances but at the end "Smurfs" took a 3 points and we are disappointed our fans
View attachment 76608View attachment 76609

We traveled in Mostar again but this time we played against FK Velez in front of their amazing fans.We were underdogs after that defeat against rivals FK Zeljeznicar but Salt City boys surprised many people and won the match
View attachment 76612View attachment 76611

We are also in the quarter finals of the Cup after we beat FK Bosna in both games
View attachment 76613View attachment 76614

League tabel and fixtures this month

View attachment 76616
View attachment 76615

Rajko Vidovic is the best scorer so far and Semir Slomic was most creative

View attachment 76617View attachment 76618
The December should be tough month but we are preparing ourselfs for good results.​