Funny/Random things in FM2011

uuuuuuuh? My international striker got tripped inside the penalty area....the defender got a yellow card. The ball bounced outside the box in the corner flag area.

uuuh...

...no penalty kick was awarded...my team took a freekick where the ball randomly landed after the challenge....

have never seen this on FM before.

View attachment 205031
That's the weirdest score i have seen.
Normal real no injuries + montolivo, lucas, usal, vidal and and a wonderkid defender with 20 most things o_O
2nd with 1 point from barcelona btw.

Into the record books in my first game!!

I'm just playing my first season of any FM game now, and have only been watching football ("soccer") occasionally for a couple of years now...
So I'm trying to learn how FM works plus standard terminology & tactics, plus relating the wall of stats for each player into something meaningful, etc -- all at the same time.
I felt the best way to do this was to start off with a random low-level team so that I wouldn't have to manage vast amounts of money, primadonnas, advertising, etc ("more money, more problems"). In retrospect, it's been tough because the players aren't good enough to cover my mistakes :(
Anyway, faced with this seemingly impossible battle, imagine my pride at making it into the record books in my very first season!!
View attachment 223158
:S

Last edited:
I'm just playing my first season of any FM game now, and have only been watching football ("soccer") occasionally for a couple of years now...
So I'm trying to learn how FM works plus standard terminology & tactics, plus relating the wall of stats for each player into something meaningful, etc -- all at the same time.
I felt the best way to do this was to start off with a random low-level team so that I wouldn't have to manage vast amounts of money, primadonnas, advertising, etc ("more money, more problems"). In retrospect, it's been tough because the players aren't good enough to cover my mistakes :(
Anyway, faced with this seemingly impossible battle, imagine my pride at making it into the record books in my very first season!!
View attachment 223158
:S

I think if you're new, you'd be better off starting with a strong team with lots of money, just so you'd learn the basics. I'd suggest Man City of course. Then as you learn more and more stuff, just drop the level and start with lower and lower teams. Something like Man City > Stoke > Leicester > Brighton > Sheff Wed > Notts Co > B. Rovers... etc. That's at least how I'd do if I were new to all of this. It's easier to get the hang of it and once you do, you'll be ready to splash yourself fully into the world of management :)

Hey guys, thanks. After a bitter uphill battle, I just avoided relegation by going WWWXWW at the end of the season and scooped Head Coach of the Month for April :)

I'm glad because I'd made a ton of transfer moves, and was dreading the thought of getting sacked before a full season with my new lads.

ahaha olympic lyonnes beat the real madrid and win the champions cup in my game ... I guess it was some kind of parallel universe

CAN'T BELIEVE I GOT COMMENT #2000!!!! :D I REACHED THE MILESTONE COMMENT ^^) oh and for my funnt/random thing....i once beat Barcelona 2-0 at the Nou Camp with Hull City in my first season!!! UP THE TIGERS :wub::wub:

View attachment 260567

"Bonjour Ernest. Sorry I missed the draw. So where does our glorious cup campaign kick off this season?"

"We've been drawn against Ouragan Labattoir."

"Ouragan? Where's that?"

"Mayotte, gaffer."

"Nice name. Where in France is that? Is the wine any good?"

"Actually gaffer, it's not in France."

"What, like, Andorra?"

"No, it's an island."

"Awesome, I love Corsica and all that. Mediterranean sea breezes here we..."

"It's a small island off the coast of Madagascar."

"..." "QUOI."

This isn't real, right? They can't be eligible for the Coupe de France in real life? Presumably they always get this far to the Seventh Round because most French amateur teams aren't going to scrape together the money to go THOUSANDS OF MILES to ****ING MADACASGAR.

Nantes, France to Mamoudzou, Mayotte - Google Maps "We could not calculate directions between Nantes, France and Mamoudzou, Mayotte." Thanks, Google!

Are you kidding me?

LCq4Hzx.png