Gareth Bale signs a new 4-and-a-half year contract

CtPauley

ORVP
Reaction score
The Club is delighted to announce that Gareth Bale has signed a new four-and-a-half year contract which runs until 2015.‬

url

The Wales international is regarded as one of the top young players in Europe after playing a key role in our run to the quarter-finals of the Champions League including an unforgettable hat-trick against Inter Milan at the San Siro and a Man of the Match display when the reigning European champions came to north London a fortnight later.‬

The powerful left-sided Wales international joined the Club as a 17-year-old from Southampton in May, 2007 and has gone on to make 112 appearances in our colours, scoring 17 goals.‬

The 21-year-old’s electrifying displays on the left flank were instrumental in helping the Club to fourth place last season, with winning strikes against Arsenal and Chelsea, and he continued where he left off so far scoring 11 goals in 34 games in the current campaign.

Manager Harry Redknapp reacted to the news by saying: “It’s great to have Gareth sign a new contract at the Club.

“He is a fantastic player and the type of player we need to be keeping at Spurs.

“Gareth is now one of the top left sided players in the world, he really is an amazing talent and can only get better. He is a smashing lad as well which is equally as important.‬

“He has got his whole future ahead and he has everything going for him.”

Back in the side for today’s Premier League meeting with West Ham, Gareth added: “I am enjoying my football at Tottenham. I want us to keep going forward as a team and hopefully we can achieve big things.

“We have got a great squad that is still young and we are going places. It is great to commit to this club and hopefully we can achieve what we believe we can with this squad. The players want what the fans want, and performing in front of these fans is a special experience.

“I definitely believe we can challenge for a title very soon. That is why I have signed. Every year as a minimum we are aiming to qualify for the Champions League so we are definitely going in the right direction.

“We have proven in the Champions League this season that we can compete with the best and we are in the last eight now and there is no reason we can’t go further this season and in years to come.”

Hopefully no UCL for them for the next 2 seasons so we have a chance of getting him (from a completely selfish Manchester United view).

Good to see the commitment. Spurs deserve him as they showed so much patience with him to finally reach this level.

Massive transfer in the summer anyone?

Good news for Tottenham if that's not what it is though.

Ridiculously over-hyped though IMO - especially after 'Arry's comments about him vs Ronaldo haha

Hopefully no UCL for them for the next 2 seasons so we have a chance of getting him (from a completely selfish Manchester United view).
just posted on the live sat thread, its a move to prevent any suitors moving for him should they fail to get CL footy, making his move costly

We have Nani and Valencia. Why you want Bale and whom will you drop?

Pray for Modric:wub:;)

He's good very good i would love him at United even though i doubt it,but no chance he's the best in the world.

We have Nani and Valencia. Why you want Bale and whom will you drop?

Pray for Modric:wub:;)
bale to left back/left wing cover/rotation starting, Fabio to CM

Yes, god thank you. Sulnvik's first post is absolutelly right

bale to left back/left wing cover/rotation starting, Fabio to CM

Bale at left back is a big fail. He is playing week in, week out for Spurs, why would he want to sit on the bench here.

If I'm not wrong we went for Bale at the time Spurs signed him, but he opted Spurs as he gets more playing time at Spurs.

same with Pastore. **** our luck..

Watched the Spurs-Wh game. And i dont really know...is there a more overhyped and overrated player than Bale? No doubt he is a good player.

But his stats aren't really backing Redknapps claims. But i think Spurs will get big money when they sell him.

A very inconsistent player too.

Bale at left back is a big fail. He is playing week in, week out for Spurs, why would he want to sit on the bench here.

If I'm not wrong we went for Bale at the time Spurs signed him, but he opted Spurs as he gets more playing time at Spurs.

same with Pastore. **** our luck..
im not saying i want it, but thats how it would be, Give me Luka any day

Good deal for Spurs in two sences really. If they manage to stay in the CL for years to come then obviously he will help them but if they dont then with a long contract only a massive amount of money will be accepted bu Spurs and this is why i cant see him joining Utd. The only way i can see him joining Utd is if Utd offer players in as part of a deal other wise he will end up joining City or going abroad.

So he has added another year to his existing deal basically....with improved terms no doubt.

Long term deals mean nothing really.. It is just a bargaining tool in any potential transfer sagas.