Gasperini sacked as Inter Manager

Was always going to happen especially after last nights result. Ranieri will be a very good, reliable man to take over the helm whether its long term or short term.

rorysmith_tel Rory Smith
Word from Italy seems to be that Claudio Ranieri's all done to be Inter manager. Apparently Luis Figo's deep baritone counted against him

Another horrific, nose cutting, appointment by the coach appointment panel. Looks like they have in the end opted for Ranieri, held talks with him today in Rome and agreed technical terms (Coaching staff, playing staff, vision) and preliminary personal terms. Nothing is set in concrete but given the speed at which they moved for Claudio it looks like he's got the job.

Horrible appointment, I like Ranieri but in the Serie A he doesn't have the win percentage or playing style that makes people tremble. He's a good mid-lower high level manager, nothing more. Spaletti would have been a far greater appointment from Zenit, did better at Roma than Ranieri did as well, or even Dellio Rossi who brings an attacking brand but with a balanced setup.

A brave appointment would have been Quique or Jorge Jesus but clearly they're going down the Italian route. I just think this is a horrific appointment, with Ranieri they will be lucky to finish 6th.

As for Gasperini I would say he'll take over at Palermo by Christmas (Probably alot sooner).

Time frame here is 14 days, so that rules out Capello and essentially Spaletti/Jesus who it would take a while to negotiate a break of contract with. Ranieri is the obvious option but by god it's the wrong option, Moratti and his appointment panel will get it wrong now for a... 3rd time since Mourinho left? Shambles at the San Siro. Should have stuck with Leo instead of treating him like a kitman and offering him a 50% pay cut to take it on for another 2 years.

Just announced..

Claudio Ranieri appointed Inter Milan manager on a two-year deal.

Hmm 3 months in charge. Thats quite a long stretch in football management these days!

its worst, cuz rafa was 6 months. 2x Gaspereni

---------- Post added at 04:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 PM ----------

was 3-4-3 a good formation, ever ???

i prefer the 5-2-3 like how liverpool went a few times under King ken, but i think the 3-4-3 is a bit vague. or it just Gasperie doest know what he's doing :p

imo, inter are best at a 4-1-2-1-2 diamond, like how mourhino when, leading to the CL 2010 final win.

---------- Post added at 04:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 PM ----------

i prefer the 5-2-3 like how liverpool went a few times under King ken, but i think the 3-4-3 is a bit vague. or it just Gasperie doest know what he's doing :p

imo, inter are best at a 4-1-2-1-2 diamond, like how mourhino when, leading to the CL 2010 final win.

It worked for him at genoa, he turned them into one of the best teams in italy using those tactics. And mourinho played 4-4-1-1/4-2-3-1 by the way.

Inter need roberto back but they cant have him!!!

It worked for him at genoa, he turned them into one of the best teams in italy using those tactics. And mourinho played 4-4-1-1/4-2-3-1 by the way.

Genoa were good, but not one of the best teams. And he never really had the players for it at Inter, right from the start. He should have sold Sneidjer and kept Eto'o, he would have fit in this much better than Wesley. Though he was given woefully little time

Genoa were good, but not one of the best teams. And he never really had the players for it at Inter, right from the start. He should have sold Sneidjer and kept Eto'o, he would have fit in this much better than Wesley. Though he was given woefully little time

As it happens, I actually agree with the Inter hierarchy on this decision. Gasperini is a 3-4-3 (and variants) man through and through. He was never going to change, and Inter are completely unsuited to a formation like that. It'd have taken more than one window to change them to a team comfortable in a 3-4-3, and in between that they'd be losing games like a fat kid loses his dignity every time he has to run somewhere. It makes sense to sack him now, and get someone new in. Build on a fresh base.

Problem is, who? Ranieri? ****** ****...

As it happens, I actually agree with the Inter hierarchy on this decision. Gasperini is a 3-4-3 (and variants) man through and through. He was never going to change, and Inter are completely unsuited to a formation like that. It'd have taken more than one window to change them to a team comfortable in a 3-4-3, and in between that they'd be losing games like a fat kid loses his dignity every time he has to run somewhere. It makes sense to sack him now, and get someone new in. Build on a fresh base.

It was a strange appoinment in the first place, and you kinda knew it was never gonna work

Good enough for Barca at times this season. ;)

hmm strange, cuz i saw millito and eto up front and senijder as the AMC, with Cambiasoo as the DM.

but mourhinos tactic is pretty good and formidable

---------- Post added at 06:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:05 PM ----------

Good enough for Barca at times this season. ;)

im not saying its ****, but i think it clearly doesnt make up with the new squad, even with wingers.

Claudio Ranieri confirmed. Statement here.

MILANO - Claudio Ranieri è ufficialmente il nuovo allenatore dell'Inter. Il tecnico ha firmato il contratto che lo legherà alla Società fino al 30 giugno 2013.

Tutta F.C. Internazionale ha il piacere di dare il benvenuto e il 'buon lavoro' a Claudio Ranieri e al suo staff.

Oggi pomeriggio, al centro sportivo "Angelo Moratti" di Appiano Gentile, Ranieri guiderà l'allenamento della squadra, con inizio alle ore 17 e aperto a giornalisti, telecamere e fotografi per i primi 15 minuti.

Domani, venerdì 23 settembre '11, presentazione ufficiale alla stampa e conferenza alla vigilia di Bologna-Inter al centro sportivo "
Angelo Moratti": inizio alle ore 12,30 (ingresso al centro sportivo per giornalisti, telecamere e fotografi alle ore 12.10).

In English;

MILAN - Claudio Ranieri is officially the new coach of Inter. The coach signed the contractthat will bind the Company until June 30, 2013.

All F.C. International is pleased to welcome and 'good job' with Claudio Ranieri and his staff.

This afternoon, the sports center "Angelo Moratti" in Appiano Gentile, Ranieri will guidethe training of the team, starting at 17 and is open to journalists, photographers andtelevision cameras for the first 15 minutes.

Tomorrow, Friday, 23 September '11, the official presentation to the press conference on the eve of Bologna and Inter-sports center "Angelo Moratti": starting at 12.30 (entrance to the sports center for journalists, television cameras and photographers at 12.10 pm).

Dont knock the tinkerman, he's an excellent season saver