Getting a player back to top form?

Speakie

Reaction score
This is Ferdy Schilder

ferdyschilderprofileatt.png

As you can see he's a pretty darn good striker, however this season I'm really starting to become frustrated at his recent performances, one game he'll get a 9.4 next game he'll get a 6.0...

Last season he performed extremely well smashing them in for fun, here's his stats for last year:

ferdyschilderhistorycar.png

However after a disappointing World Cup with The Netherlands he's just not performed the way he did last season, I haven't changed tactics or anything fwiw, here's how he's performed so far this season:

ferdyschilderhistorycar.png

So basically, I just want to know how I get him back to form?

After every game he plays well I've been praising him meanwhile I've been criticizing him after bad performances, I've also started to tell him "I have faith" in his ability in team talks etc but none of this is paying off and he just isn't returning to a consistent good form.

So any tips on what can I do to start to get him back to his best? Or is it just a matter of waiting?

Maybe give him a few games off if he isnt playing well
But really, like you said i think its just a matter of time before he starts scoring again :)

Man manage him, comment in post match games when he does well. He probably feels ignored when he does well, check his personal details/report and see any comments about his mental state/attributes. With player's like this guy I often give alot of private chats and comments, with specific comments in team talks (Encouragement generally).

Wolfsongs teamtalk guide is pretty comprehensive but the Sega SI site is down for maintenance at the minute but give it 20 mins and Ill post a link to it. He wrote it for FM10 but the concept still applies (FM games are basically pairs, FM10-FM11 general game engine stays the same but slight improvements are made to it I believe).

It helped me through the lower leagues in FM10 and getting the best out of every player, really improved my virtual man management skills actually.

Alright cheers, I'm going to give him a 2-4 game rest, I'll then man manage him properly to encourage him to perform better.

I never have man management problems usually, he seems to be just ignoring my praise and encouragement though atm, a break is what he needs I think.

Thanks.

Man manage him, comment in post match games when he does well. He probably feels ignored when he does well, check his personal details/report and see any comments about his mental state/attributes. With player's like this guy I often give alot of private chats and comments, with specific comments in team talks (Encouragement generally).

Wolfsongs teamtalk guide is pretty comprehensive but the Sega SI site is down for maintenance at the minute but give it 20 mins and Ill post a link to it. He wrote it for FM10 but the concept still applies (FM games are basically pairs, FM10-FM11 general game engine stays the same but slight improvements are made to it I believe).

It helped me through the lower leagues in FM10 and getting the best out of every player, really improved my virtual man management skills actually.

Yes, definitely. Always tell your players they did well when they have done well, especially in the start. I'm favoured personel of my whole starting 11 and a lot of youth players because I do this. It really helps with the overall chemistry of the team and that translates into results.

Problem is, I've always done that, atm though he's in such poor mentality and form that he just can't perform at all.

I've made a good start to getting him back though, I've told him he's been poor recently and he positively responded by saying he agrees and it's going to change, I've also told him i'm going to give him a rest which he was pleased about as well.

Ty for advice :)

I usually either give them a rest for a few games or put them in the reserves for a couple of weeks to get their confidence up.

Poor form after a world cup? Sounds like Torres.