CaptiveBridge

Reaction score
Hey, just looking for some tips when it comes to preserving player happiness as a small club.

I'm managing 1860 Munich, got promoted at the end of the second season and the whole soaking up the limelight is having a toll as I'm getting frequent bids for players during my preseason. From bigger clubs with their EL money that feel like if they throw some money my way they'll get my players to turn their heads. (I mean why would anyone take a similar, if not same, job elsewhere for more money, that's just...no, that actually sounds fair.)

What are some tips on keeping the committed to the cause? Fighting the good fight with a manager they get on well enough with. Never really did small clubs before - usually just go Liverpool or an MLS team where protectionism helps so much (God bless the USA and their sense of privilege in global sports).

If a player asks you to consider letting them go I always tell them that you are going to reject any bids coming in as there less likely to get first team football there ! They usually then thank you for looking out for them and don't ask again ! Hope that's some kind of help

As SVB said it isn't hard "to convince" your players that it'd be better if they stay in your club. :p

I find that for the most part, it's not too bad, but for who is currently my best player it's happening far too often. Last season of the 34 league games, he moped for like 28 because he wanted out. He was still the best player, but at the slightest hint of a club appearing in the scene for him, he mopes for a good 3 months.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk