G's & M's 2-2-3-2-1 Barca style of play

Gump

Reaction score
Im glad to be ''unleashing'' this tactic as, at least for me it has worked awesomely. Some of you might ''know'' about my older tactics and this tactic is kinda same stylish as the names will tell. Now some of you might notice the tactics & threads name as G's & M's blaablaablaa. Those 2 letters mean, G = Gump, which is me (Oh Im Sherlock) and M = Muhammadrizka, which some of you might know already as he has that emulated Arsenal tactic, which is a very good and successful tactic. Now in this tactic we have worked together when it comes to the setups of this tactic, thats the reason the name is like it is. Also now in the start I would like to thank my testers XeNoN, ManutdTAW and AlcatrazPFC for testing and giving feedback. Now to these testers, they should all except XeNoN, download the version Im uploading to this thread, since it has been updated and only XeNoN holds the latest. I do hope that XeNoN posts some screenies of his results with this tactic as what he has told me, those results are good or great.

Now to the tactic itself, Its in a form of 2-2-3-2-1 = 2 Defenders, 2 Wingbacks, 3 midfielders, 2 inside forwards and 1 striker. The tactic is based on teamplay, passing and etc, trying to look like how Barca play. The tactic turns to 2-5-2-1 when in attack and to 4-3-2-1 when in defense. You will get lots of shots, CCC's, passes and a high amount of Possession. Possession is most of the time over 65%, of course there are rare cases when it drops below, but those are rare in any case. At least this has been so with my Barcelona, as Im the only ''tester'' who has tested this almost whole season, but for example XeNoN has tested this with Swansea, Spain, AC Milan, Tottenham etc and it has worked.

Match Prep: Attacking Movement or Defense positioning, depends from form. (Mostly attacking movement should be used)
OI: Assistant
Touchline shouts: Get Ball Forward / Retain Possession & Work Ball Into Box
Regarding the touchline shouts, Ive noticed that if ur playing versus a harder or similar team in terms of quality and level, You should use Retain Possession instead of Get Ball Forward. If you are clearly overpowered to them, then Get ball forward should work better. Also noticed that raising the tempo a bit (Couple clicks) when the opposition is harder will work better when it comes to passing & possession stats.
Some screenies of the game results & players. If you want to see some of the results, just tell me and Imma post it. And I remembered wrong, Ive lost 1 game in Champions League vs Inter tho Imma show U a screenie of the game to you in one of my posts.

My preferred XI:

I rotate a lot my 3 Playmakers (Fabregas, Iniesta & Xavi) in the playmaking positions.

Hopefully the tactic works for U.

Last edited:
Short corners on this game may as well be called "lose the ball and be counter attacked"

Short corners on this game may as well be called "lose the ball and be counter attacked"

No it's not. Funnily enough it picks and chooses. Whenever it crosses I literally score every time with this tactic. When it doesn't cross, ie for the short corner, when tackled it's either gone for a throw in or corner or another player scores from the edge of the box. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the short corner on this tactic. Gump has got it to work well.

As for this tactic, it is ******* beautiful. It plays well, I considered my 4-1-2-2-1 formation to be the best tactic I've ever seen but this one is slightly better. Good amount of passes, possession, cccs and goals. Very good defensively too. I've used the tactic for 20 games in my personal game save with AC Milan. Won 18 drawn 2 lost 0. My only criticism is that the AMR is not utilised to the best of it's ability. Because you had Messi there I suppose it is crazy for Barcelona! I put in my own AMR role for when I play and this tactic is complete for me.

Im not knocking the overall tactic im using it and its been very good so far but i just think its very difficult to set up short corners properly when the corner set up limits players to only a few different positions. Its not really a problem for you, more for SI to change somehow for future versions. Anyway, I can tell a lot of effort has gone into this tactic by the possession and CCC's count and would just like to say good job!

Anyway here are some screenshots of me using this tactic with various teams. I thought battering Argentina was the most impressive game.

swanseavdoncasterstatsh.png

newcastlevarsenalstatsm.png

argentinavspainstatsawa.png

argentinavspaininformat.png

newyorkvacmilanstatsmat.png

udinesevacmilanstatsmat.png

Finally the tactics has been launched. Good to see this :)

I'll give sum screenshot later ;)

No it's not. Funnily enough it picks and chooses. Whenever it crosses I literally score every time with this tactic. When it doesn't cross, ie for the short corner, when tackled it's either gone for a throw in or corner or another player scores from the edge of the box. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the short corner on this tactic. Gump has got it to work well.

As for this tactic, it is ******* beautiful. It plays well, I considered my 4-1-2-2-1 formation to be the best tactic I've ever seen but this one is slightly better. Good amount of passes, possession, cccs and goals. Very good defensively too. I've used the tactic for 20 games in my personal game save with AC Milan. Won 18 drawn 2 lost 0. My only criticism is that the AMR is not utilised to the best of it's ability. Because you had Messi there I suppose it is crazy for Barcelona! I put in my own AMR role for when I play and this tactic is complete for me.

Hi Xenon,
what kind of role for AMR are you using? I am succesfully using your original barca tactic with shrewsbury and might wanna try this one. Thanks a lot for you answer.

I also tried to make the AMR more attacking instead of supportive and as a result, my team failed lol :D

Dunno why tho, but reverted back to this during the match and everything started to improve.

gump why have you posted the tactic it doesnt work i won1 gae in 5 games ieven drawn with fulham people dont use the tactic you will be wasting your time

playing this with bayern Munchen and robben is on fire on the right

I suppose he would be. For my AC Milan I'm using Pato who is normally a striker. And he isn't an inside forward either! Still plays awesome though.

---------- Post added at 09:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 PM ----------

Hi Xenon,
what kind of role for AMR are you using? I am succesfully using your original barca tactic with shrewsbury and might wanna try this one. Thanks a lot for you answer.

I literally transferred my AMR role into this tactic for AMR. But I think you should try original tactic which gump uses. It is really good regardless!

gump why have you posted the tactic it doesnt work i won1 gae in 5 games ieven drawn with fulham people dont use the tactic you will be wasting your time

Lol ur probably the only guy who says ''it doesnt work''. Rofl, it does work, its different version than U have so you havent even tried it lol and here U are, shouting; '' It doesnt work, dont waste your time.'' Jeez, stop trolling or w/e and leave this thread if you dont have anything proper to say.

Champions League final 2nd season vs Real Madrid. Oh and I beat Barcelona in QF and Man Utd in SF on my way to winning it! Was a brilliant season, and I used this tactic but edited the front 3 to be the same player instructions as my 4-1-2-2-1 Barcelona. It just batters everyone! Anyway here's a screenshot of it.

rmadridvacmilanstatsmat.png

:)

Ur tactics ****

---------- Post added at 03:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:26 PM ----------

gump i will try it out ok

is there a chance you could upload your tactic complete with changes?

Hey Gump,

Which players did you play in each role? May I have a screenshot of your team?

Were you playing Fabregas, Iniesta, mascherano & Xavi all at the same time?

is there a chance you could upload your tactic complete with changes?

I havent made changes :p XeNoN has made some, but this tactic works without his own tweakings.

---------- Post added at 09:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 AM ----------

Hey Gump,

Which players did you play in each role? May I have a screenshot of your team?

Were you playing Fabregas, Iniesta, mascherano & Xavi all at the same time?

Fabregas & Xavi = Deep Lying Playmaker
Fabregas & Iniesta = Advanced Playmaker
Mascherano = ''Busquets role'', Central Midfielder

And yeap, I played sometimes Fabregas as Central midfielder but in rare cases. MAscherano was mostly my Central midfielder.
Imma update the OP soon as my season finishes.

---------- Post added at 09:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 AM ----------

Lol fail doublepost

---------- Post added at 10:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 AM ----------

OP Updated slightly

When testing this with Swansea, was it with the 11.3 db, Swansea being a top team, or with an updated db, Swansea playing in the EPL and being a huge underdog ( and what was the result) ?

Cheers

When testing this with Swansea, was it with the 11.3 db, Swansea being a top team, or with an updated db, Swansea playing in the EPL and being a huge underdog ( and what was the result) ?

Cheers

original 11.3 db with Swansea in the Championship though I bought a few players because it was on one of my personal game saves, none of them massively improved the team. I think I played 6 games with the tactic with Swansea and won 5 drawn 1.