Hammers await Henry reply...

his the one that come out with the stupid comment, am i not allowed to comment back without anyone ******* saying **** to me all the time.

Get the violins outs? Grow up mate.

Any updates on this story, cos I aint seen any.

i havent seen any updates either mate, purely a rumour i think. a cheap publicity stunt.

the only further news that could come from this is that he rejects it

shut it. henry should go to america simple as that.

I disagree, mostly because you can't really say that any players have furthered their careers by going there. Beckham, Ljungberg, Di Maria, and so on. If Henry goes there it will only end the career of a truly great player in an ignominious way.

I disagree, mostly because you can't really say that any players have furthered their careers by going there. Beckham, Ljungberg, Di Maria, and so on. If Henry goes there it will only end the career of a truly great player in an ignominious way.

Going to the USA would be near the bottom of the list if your talking about 'furthering your career'. Player's don't go to the US for that.

I persume he wants to go for the new experience, promoting the sport, and maybe for a bit of money before he hangs up his boots.

Going to the USA would be near the bottom of the list if your talking about 'furthering your career'. Player's don't go to the US for that.

I persume he wants to go for the new experience, promoting the sport, and maybe for a bit of money before he hangs up his boots.
indeed, beckham only went to the USA as his career at real madrid and england looked over. look how quickly he got himself on loan to milan once he found that capello wanted him for england

Last edited:
Sorry, but Beckham went to the USA beause he wasnt playing for Madrid or England. He went to USA and got game time, then came back to europe. This would be bad for Henry How? if he signed a 2year deal with a MLS side, this is surel good for him, he gets to see whether he is still "ft" enough to play be a player, considering there fitness levels is meant to be higher then any european league, then if he is still fit enough and got the ablity he comes back to europe. if not he goes to a club like West ham, he is then expected to be the same henry who left england, and he will tarnish his reputation as the best striker to ever play in the EPL

indeed, beckham only went as his career at real madrid and england looked over. look how quickly he got himself on loan to milan once he found that capello wanted him for england

The very fact that Henry wants to leave Barcelona suggests to me that he's still hungry for a first-team, top-flight football. I doubt he's too bothered about the money, judging from the millions he's made over the years. His international career is still active, and on his day Thierry Henry is a superb forward. His time has not yet come, and a move to America would most likely only hasten that day.

supported chelsea since 1996 so yes im a glory hunter!! and im ******* right your owners are total wankers.

---------- Post added at 07:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:26 PM ----------

both haha. but you dont think im telling the truth then nah???

And i bet you were quiet back in1996 with nothing to say about your empty trophy cabinet until your rich billionaire splashed out then you got mouthy.

On topic West Ham going for Henry. Like their ambition but it seems be the owners just making noise.

And i bet you were quiet back in1996 with nothing to say about your empty trophy cabinet until your rich billionaire splashed out then you got mouthy.

On topic West Ham going for Henry. Like their ambition but it seems be the owners just making noise.

nah to be honest i enjoyed supporting chelsea back then as much as i did now because im a loyal supporter mate. back on the henry case lets look at it this way, if he comes to west ham he could play what 1-2 seasons at this top level on what they are saying 75k. if he goes to america he could play 4-5 seasons on 100k+ easily and even the possibility of getting the mls more recognised surely its a no brainer.

back on the henry case lets look at it this way, if he comes to west ham he could play what 1-2 seasons at this top level on what they are saying 75k. if he goes to america he could play 4-5 seasons on 100k+ easily and even the possibility of getting the mls more recognised surely its a no brainer.

Not really. I think you underestimate the quality of the MLS quite a bit - an article about Ljungberg I read recently seemed to hint at the MLS being at about the same level physically, if not technically. So then, probably around the same amount of time for each.

There's a reason why most older players have stayed in Europe. If they're good enough (see people like Van Nistelrooy, Roy Makaay, Raul, Guti, half the squad of A.C. Milan) which Henry most probably is, then they would far prefer to be playing to passionate crowds of thousands, with people that recognise them for the great players that they are, than a small stadium in America with half a dozen fat yanks eating burgers.

Not really. I think you underestimate the quality of the MLS quite a bit - an article about Ljungberg I read recently seemed to hint at the MLS being at about the same level physically, if not technically. So then, probably around the same amount of time for each.

There's a reason why most older players have stayed in Europe. If they're good enough (see people like Van Nistelrooy, Roy Makaay, Raul, Guti, half the squad of A.C. Milan) which Henry most probably is, then they would far prefer to be playing to passionate crowds of thousands, with people that recognise them for the great players that they are, than a small stadium in America with half a dozen fat yanks eating burgers.

i understand but ljunberg hasent been fit for years and with the added its alot hotter out their, more travling etc but easily the football is at a much worse standard. footballers carrers are short and henry has a chance to make some nice cash before he retires.

Guti & Raul actually want to go to the MLS this summer so it kind of ruins your whole point.

i understand but ljunberg hasent been fit for years and with the added its alot hotter out their, more travling etc but easily the football is at a much worse standard. footballers carrers are short and henry has a chance to make some nice cash before he retires.
I would say he's made enough money already, he's played at the top level for years

Interesting that. Not what Chelsea said when they played Seattle Sounders in the pre-season. Your point about money is invalid. Footballers' careers may be short (or not so short, in the case of Ryan Giggs and other esteemed golden oldies), but they get paid absolute shedloads for what they do. A premier league footballer could retire after a year and never have to work again. Someone on 40,000 per week makes 2 million a year (admittedly before tax), so I find your insistance that Henry needs to money to be fairly unfounded.

Guti & Raul actually want to go to the MLS this summer so it kind of ruins your whole point.

Really? Any links? Is this actually them saying they want to go, or just speculation?

Interesting that. Not what Chelsea said when they played Seattle Sounders in the pre-season. Your point about money is invalid. Footballers' careers may be short (or not so short, in the case of Ryan Giggs and other esteemed golden oldies), but they get paid absolute shedloads for what they do. A premier league footballer could retire after a year and never have to work again. Someone on 40,000 per week makes 2 million a year (admittedly before tax), so I find your insistance that Henry needs to money to be fairly unfounded.

Really? Any links? Is this actually them saying they want to go, or just speculation?

a few things to the chelsea seattle game, seattle were already in their season so they would have been fitter and more in the state of mind as it was chelsea's first pre-season game. im not saying its an awfull standard but it is poor at the moment its could be great and it might be great but they do need players like beckham and hopefully henry to play their football their to improve the status of the league.