Harris' Unstoppable 4-2-2-2 Home & 4-1-1-3-1 Away tactics!! :)

Started a Bayern game as the tactic is suited for them really.

Lost the supercup to Dortmund 3-1 and they had 10 men but tactic wasnt trained up fully. Since then won 4 league games in a row without conceding.

So far so good.

into my freindlys now had 26 shots on at goal but only one goal hope gets better

I have that same issue but what I did was remove "Shoot more often" from the front 6 and i've had much better results since.

yeah i did the same i also inverted so the IF was on right side much better now still unbeaten in the league lost to psg in champs league away was missing 4 key players thou

I lose to anyone half decent away, even with the setting to counter. Kinda sucks.

Getting decent results with the tactics but the shot conversion rate is ridiculous. On average, my United side will have 25 shots a game but only 5 of them will be on target. Any way of changing this without affecting other areas of the tactic?

Getting decent results with the tactics but the shot conversion rate is ridiculous. On average, my United side will have 25 shots a game but only 5 of them will be on target. Any way of changing this without affecting other areas of the tactic?

Yeah its probably the one major downfall to this tactic?

Maybe just try taking 'shoot more often' off the player instructions and see if that makes a difference

I changed my player instructions so none of my players 'Shoot more often'
But look at my stats still?....
Il leave it a few months and see if it changes once the change has been trained fluidly again.
View attachment 428280

Harris, you say on the OP to use COUNTER away from home, but be prepared to switch to STANDARD as and when needed...could you provide examples of the situations you would switch?

im tweaking this tactic around to try improve it so far so good 1st in prem only lost two games semi of chams league final of fa cup

im tweaking this tactic around to try improve it so far so good 1st in prem only lost two games semi of chams league final of fa cup

Any in particular that you'd recommend? Could do with a few more goals

Are people having a laugh with this tactic?
2nd season with Sheffield Wednesday (1st season I just missed the play-offs and now decided to use this tactic as people seem to rave about it!!!)
Made some decent signings as Wednesday so should be above mid-table but most of my games, teams just walk past my defenders or lob a ball over them for their striker to get onto and then they score...

Ok, the tactic is not fluid at the moment (early season) and my Team morale is very poor (due to losing all the games) but no idea how people are actually winning games with this tactic?

Are the central defenders supposed to let the opposition walk past them?

Any tips? (I am using the latest tactic version)

Also ... What Pitch size is best for this tactic?

Last edited:
will prob be uploading my tweek later on today or tomoz after more testing onlly losed 4 games in 60 so far

This is has worked really well for me so far, but my players take WAY to many long shots, from like 50 yards out!

This is has worked really well for me so far, but my players take WAY to many long shots, from like 50 yards out!

Go on the player instructions for your front 4 and subtract "shoot more often". It helps a bit although my team still takes a lot of long shots. It is a really good tactic though, just wished my central striker scored a few more

What 'pitch size' to use with this tactic? Max? Min?

Any more news on the tweek Bromi88?

could be this weekend want to do more testing on this will prob be a brand new tactic as lots has changed

I've tweaked this formation (the home version) a bit and the noticeable differences are (1) I'm committing very few fouls, (2) the opposition are doing quite the opposite, resulting in more red cards and penalties and, most importantly (3) I'm unbeaten in the league after 22 games.

I'm not sure of the rules on here so I don't want to post my alterations in someone else's thread but if it's ok and what anyone wants then I'll do it.

(EDIT, I meant to say that I now use the home tactic for all matches, merely changing mentality depending on how the match is going).

Last edited:
well he hasnt replied to any of the comments prob realised his tactic wasnt that good so i would upload the tweek as long u give orginal credits to thread owner nothign can be done