Help creating counter tactic as underdog

• Thread starter Deleted member 485244
  • Start date
  • Replies 3
  • Views 3K
D

Deleted member 485244

Hello! So, I have been playing with Wolves lately, and its been going pretty good. 1st in Championship, and currently 6th in Premier Division. So its kinda good achievement in two seasons without that big signings.
Only problem I have, is to succeed as huge underdog, mostly in away matches. I have tried to create counter tactics, but without any good results. If i have to say some positives, my primary tactic is astonishing.

Here's screen of my primary tactic, player roles, and TI.
View attachment 331414
and heres TI
View attachment 331413

So, im not asking you to tinker with my primary tactic, but mostly help me create decent counter. I'm not asking to win top three teams all the time in away, but give decent defending effort at least.

So, would be wonderful if you give me some tips. And huge advantage if counter tactic would use same positions than my primary.

and ps. all signings are under 4mill + free agents.

Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 331412
heres great example of what my primary tactic is capable of.
I can use it easily on home matches, against all teams :) But in away matches against these big sides.. big problems :(

Hey there. Well If you want to play on the counter, firstly you need to create space to counter. So if we look at you're base tactic I would go with the folowing TI's:

- untick work ball into box, look for overlap, pass into space (this will reduce the amouts of through balls)
- default or shorter passing (as you have set up),
- drop deeper (to create space to counter),
- higher tempo (you want to get the ball quickly forward)

Thats about it I guess, as you already have settings to play narrower, more disciplined. Hope I gave you some helping pointers to develop you're counter tactic :)

Last edited:
Hey there. Well If you want to play on the counter, firstly you need to create space to counter. So if we look at you're base tactic I would go with the folowing TI's:

- untick work ball into box, look for overlap, pass into space (this will reduce the amouts of through balls)
- default or shorter passing (as you have set up),
- drop deeper (to create space to counter),
- higher tempo (you want to get the ball quickly forward)

Thats about it I guess, as you already have settings to play narrower, more disciplined. Hope I gave you some helping pointers to develop you're counter tactic :)

Thanks! Will try to tinker something out! :)

I will post my results.. Maybe we get decent tactic pack with one attacking and one counter one :)

Back