AdamWilliam__

Reaction score
Hi, I'm in my second season with Stalybridge Celtic in the BSP, I won the BSN in my first season.
Everything went great in my first year, but no my form is so indifferent its unbelievable.

I play a Very Rigid - Contain 4-4-2 formation, with deep defensive line.
2 Attacking FB's
2 Defensive Limited Defenders (CB)
2 Support Wide Midfielders
1 Defensive Deep Lying Playmaker
1 Attacking Attacking Midfielder
1 Poacher
1 Support Target Man

& Also

Very Rigid - Control 4-5-1
All same roles except
1 Anchor man in DM
2 Inside Forward AM's
Deep Lying Forward.

Can anyone tell me what I should look to change?
Also maybe a completely different formation and style of play?

Thanks

I'd start with changing your strategy from contain, that is only for when you are trying to see out games - your team will not even try to create anything. If you want to stay defensive, change to defensive, or maybe even counter.

But other than that, we can't really help you without more information - screenshots of your squad, results, what kind of goals to you concede? Basically as much info as possible! :D

Sorry I meant to type Control for the 4-4-2 not contain haha.

I can't get screenshots at the moment as I'm not on the computer that I use for FM.
Main players in my squad are Rhys Taylor (GK) and Vincent Pericard (TM).
I do have a few regens joining in January, its currently mid-December on my save, but none are really out of this world.

Results wise, I'd say I have a habit of scoring first, then losing the games to ridiculous goals, i.e Goalkeeper collecting the ball at the corner flag and proceeding to kick it out to one of their midfielders who'll score from 40+ yards, my keeper collecting the ball then dropping it at the feet of one of their attackers.

Also I've noticed my defenders seem to be unable to intercept passes, when its so easy to. Quite frustrating.

I must admit I'm doing alright in terms of the Season Objectives, I'm predicted to finish 22nd but currently find myself 10th. I was 6th but the last seven or so matches have been terrible. I don't know whether to persevere with my formations and hope the performances improve, or go for a change.

Sorry I meant to type Control for the 4-4-2 not contain haha.

I can't get screenshots at the moment as I'm not on the computer that I use for FM.
Main players in my squad are Rhys Taylor (GK) and Vincent Pericard (TM).
I do have a few regens joining in January, its currently mid-December on my save, but none are really out of this world.

Results wise, I'd say I have a habit of scoring first, then losing the games to ridiculous goals, i.e Goalkeeper collecting the ball at the corner flag and proceeding to kick it out to one of their midfielders who'll score from 40+ yards, my keeper collecting the ball then dropping it at the feet of one of their attackers.

Also I've noticed my defenders seem to be unable to intercept passes, when its so easy to. Quite frustrating.

I must admit I'm doing alright in terms of the Season Objectives, I'm predicted to finish 22nd but currently find myself 10th. I was 6th but the last seven or so matches have been terrible. I don't know whether to persevere with my formations and hope the performances improve, or go for a change.

Well for stupid mistakes, that would probably because your players won't have good mental stats -especially decisions- so nothing you can really do about that (They increase with age/experience). With regards to that paticular goalkeeper mistake, try change his 'closing down' and his 'ball distribution' in his player instructions.

Again, the 'anticipation' attribute effects interceptions (I am pretty sure anyway! :) ) but do you have your closing down in Team-Instructions as 'Stand-off'? If not, what do they do? Do they just stand there, are they not quick enough, etc?

Finally, in this year's FM, you have to adapt your tactics before pretty much every match -especially at the lower levels!!

Hope this helped :)

However I'd suggest making a completely defensive tactics using a similar formation to your normal one, to use just to see the game out.