craiigman

Reaction score
I just started playing again after some time out with the game. I'm back and I'm having a few issues with tactics still. I can't seem to get my striker many chances in games and lots of my shots are off target and long shots.

Here is my current tactic (ignore the injuries for now):

6Abslaa.png

The only player instructions are on Cazorla to shoot less often.

I've just moved the DM more central as when he was slightly left it seemed like he covered the left more than the right so I put him there. I'm not trying to create an overly dominant possession tactic. More of a fast attacking one. I may need to tweak the instructions as I am sure something is contradicting there.

I made 3 signings. Jackson Martinez, Serge Aurier, and Subotic. No money left for a new DM. But I think I can manage the season with Arteta, Flamini, and Kallstrom. But will look in January.

Here's the squad:

4FMbEpz.png

My pre-season friendlies have gone quite well. Beat the reserves comfortably, lost to Ajax but injuries and tiredness meant I played people out of position, beat Club Brugge 4-0, drew 1-1 with Udinese, beat Genk and Brighton 3-1 and just beat Standard Liege 4-1. I've got 3 friendlies left and my tactic isn't that familiar and my first two games are away to Chelsea and then away to City.

I want to get my tactic at least half decent by then. I could do with an away tactic as the other tactic I have is the same but just changed to fluid and attacking. But the teams I am playing in friendlies aren't the same level as City and Chelsea.

But yeah in all my games I've not really got my striker any really good opportunities. Giroud has bagged a few but misses a lot and in general my team struggle to hit the target.

Change him to Complete Forward and the instructions to balanced would be my opinion.

well, I see you want to control games. Your players are positioned to low for effective offside trap, you may want to use stopper cover combo, with stopper being positioned next to left fullback who should be on attack duty. Perhaps exploit the right flank too as you are playing narrow so he really has space...with your setup, and shorter passing, you should really play a slower tempo and work ball into box. Also, you don't really need a dm for your style, so you can push him to centre midfield...

Last edited: