Help with new game... Otelul Galati

awk83

Reaction score
So I'm not new to FM but I've never started out my game with such a low ranked team in such a small, low reputation league. That having been said - what steps do you guys take when starting out with a new team?

Are there specific things to focus on ie training, hiring/firing staff, new acquisitions? I mean their transfer budget is 400K so there isn't much to work with. They will received somewhere in the $10 million for entering the Champions League but I don't know how the board will use those funds so do you guys have any suggestions? Thanks!!

with a low transfer budget, u wanna get the best of the free transfers to improve ur squad. and yeah try to make it to the CL group stage so that u can have more $$$$ for ur club fiances, and also to get good players too. and not to mention , but loan offers will help too ;)

with a low transfer budget, u wanna get the best of the free transfers to improve ur squad. and yeah try to make it to the CL group stage so that u can have more $$$$ for ur club fiances, and also to get good players too. and not to mention , but loan offers will help too ;)

I have Napoli as a Parent club already but when will they begin offering loans? Or do I have to initiate the loans? And when do I know that players are available for free transfers? As far as finances, will any of that $10 million end up in my transfer budget? Thanks!

Sometimes loans are announced directly after the parent club deal is announced, but if you want players go in and get them from Napoli. With so little in transfer money I would concentrate on freebies.

afsik, those type of loan must be done from above. ie. napoli should send the players to u.

to check for free agents, filter ur search results to show them ;)

and on the 10m, hopefully. it depends on the transfer revenue % in the finances section . if its 100%, then all 10m is for u, if 50%, then 5m only, and so on.

I can't find the transfer revenue % but we just received $10 million and none of it went to transfer budget. I really don't mind because we are currently undefeated given the nature of the Romanian league and lack of competition. But there are several occasions where we will be given funds for competition wins such as the Champions League group phase which I am currently standing in second place of my group since Inter beat Mancity and Mancity beat Inter and they both drew with me and I won my other game so it depends on my final match so it's a possibility that I may enter the knockout phase :)

i also found that free players are mostly unwilling to negotiate a contract with me cause Otelul Galati isn't exactly the most desirable career move. But I will most likely do what I can with my current players, selling some of the most expensive ones and the least expensive ones for some extra cash then eventually leveraging my success in Eastern Europe to find a team in other parts of Europe. But these small teams are really a challenge, if it's this hard to gain success in a simulator I can't imagine what it would be like in real life :O