How do I get my forwards to play the ball across the box?

MisterBurkes

Reaction score
Once he's beaten the last defender, how do I get my forward to play the ball to another forward instead of taking the shot himself? I've already tried shoot less often & hold up ball.

In the Player Instructions section, you can set your forwards to Supporting roles that encourage them to play in teammates while also taking shooting chances on themselves, as appropriate. Toggle through the options and hover over the ROLE and DUTY boxes to activate the positional description pop-ups, to find the roles you want to use. For example:

View attachment 402729

In the Player Instructions section, you can set your forwards to Supporting roles that encourage them to play in teammates while also taking shooting chances on themselves, as appropriate. Toggle through the options and hover over the ROLE and DUTY boxes to activate the positional description pop-ups, to find the roles you want to use. For example:

My forwards are already all in supporting roles and still opt to take the shot. My midfielders and wingers are the only ones who seem willing to sometimes pass across goal when defenders/GK are already drawn out. My 3 forwards are always greedy as balls.

Once he's beaten the last defender, how do I get my forward to play the ball to another forward instead of taking the shot himself? I've already tried shoot less often & hold up ball.

1st I think teamwork atrribute is something your forward needs, 2nd you can try training him to pass rather than shot