Malarkey

Reaction score
...Im really ****** off with them? im celtic, and have had a really poor run of results and my team shouldnt have any problems with the SPL, but they are. I just lost 3-0 to dundee united and said i was angry in the team talk, but i really want to do something that will make an impact and make them perform. Any help?

have a private talk with some of your most important players or try to change your tactic

If your team is having a really bad run then you can do it in private chat, you could at least in FM 10

Have a personal chat with your captain, if the team is performing below standard then the option to hold a team meeting should be there.

I do this:

If a player gets 6.2 or lower avg rating I say "your last performance was unacceptable, try and do better next time".
If a player gets 6.6 or lower avg rating I say "you need to improve your last performance or you'll find it hard to stay in the team".
If a player gets 7.5 or higher avg rating I say "you impressed me in the last match, keep it up!".
If a player gets 8.0 or higher avg rating I say "you were outstanding in the last match, and you are easily one of my key players right now".

Really helps private chat I find

If they under perform, 6.0 or below fine them. Start off with a warning. Then 1 week. If not work then 2 weeks. It works for me but yeah you have to have the right tactics to win to be honest. Make sure you have a scout scouting the next opposition and build up your tactics and attack their weakness.

I do this:

If a player gets 6.2 or lower avg rating I say "your last performance was unacceptable, try and do better next time".
If a player gets 6.6 or lower avg rating I say "you need to improve your last performance or you'll find it hard to stay in the team".
If a player gets 7.5 or higher avg rating I say "you impressed me in the last match, keep it up!".
If a player gets 8.0 or higher avg rating I say "you were outstanding in the last match, and you are easily one of my key players right now".

Really helps private chat I find

Yep exactly what Evertonian Chris said. Private chats in FM11 are good, also every month you get like a training report, any that have failed to impress I privatechat them and say they need to up their level of training, sometimes it helps their stats to shoot up.

If they under perform, 6.0 or below fine them. Start off with a warning. Then 1 week. If not work then 2 weeks. It works for me but yeah you have to have the right tactics to win to be honest. Make sure you have a scout scouting the next opposition and build up your tactics and attack their weakness.

Whenever I try to fine anyone it just says 'No Action' :S

Whenever I try to fine anyone it just says 'No Action' :S

that's because they haven't done anything to warrant a fine... if they have played poorly you will have the option to fine/warn for poor performance. If they've been sent off or missed training you also have the option to fine/warn. Possibly other things too but as my squad knows whose the boss and behave themselves I don't know what they might be.. :p

---------- Post added at 03:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:56 PM ----------

...Im really ****** off with them? im celtic, and have had a really poor run of results and my team shouldnt have any problems with the SPL, but they are. I just lost 3-0 to dundee united and said i was angry in the team talk, but i really want to do something that will make an impact and make them perform. Any help?

maybe it's cos you're ****** off that you don't know what to do?

There are too many variables to know what to suggest that might work. Ideally you could tell a player in private chat that his last game was poor 3 or 4 days before the next game. This will mean that he will still have the "PR" icon on matchday. "expect a performance" or "expect better". Choose key players who you know will respond positively to "expect..." (3-5 players max). Get em fired up enough and you can turn the corner..