How do you get your squad on side when you join a new team? (Teamtalks etc)

pridders

Reaction score
Whenever I start a new game or join a new team in a current save, for some reason my team always react poorly to my teamtalks regardless of what I say. After the first season they respond really well to most things as long as I'm not stupid with it, but first season they always 'seem to switch off' or something like that, which means I can't change the game at half time if we're playing badly. Any suggestions?

What is your reputation? That could have a big influence.

Also, are you calm, angry, passionate? Do you check how the team mentality is right before the game?

Reputation has a very big influence, if you have low reputation players don't listen to you and are negative

Always set my reputation as 'automatic' when I start a new game so not sure what that does, and it varies from situation to situation, like I said though they always respond well after about 6 months/a full season and I don't change what I do, it's just at the start where they don't respond.

When starting a new game with automatic reputation, it's like u don't exist, u r an unknown manager, so whatever team u choose, the players won't react at the start of a game, because they have no idea who u r