jthamrun

Reaction score
I want to change some of the clubs to a new one, how do i do this, what do i need to have?

In what way? Do you want to switch teams from lower division to higher division, switch foreign clubs into a mixed type world or euro league, or put brand new teams in the place of those already there? Each of these things is done slightly different.

You will the need the data editor for all of these, which can be found in your sports interactive folders.

Ok, you need to load the editor. When that's done, select file and Load Database. Choose the database you want to use (eg Default, 10.1, 10.2, 10.3). When it has loaded you'll see there is sections to the interface (Menu, Database and a large empty window).

In the Database section click on CLUBS tab. In the big window you'll see a button called ADD. Click that and a new club section will open.

In here add all the relevant information. Name, reputation, nation, finances, kits etc...

The kit will give the club a club badge (basic 2d) and colours for team pages.

If you have an image for your kit you can add that later through a config file -- but it's the kit in the editor that determines the colours assigned to your club graphics (flashing bit when you score etc)

You can assign an existing stadium to the club, make a brand new stadium, or duplicate an existing one as a template and edit it to your needs.

Add in any staff -- you can use ready made players and staff or create your own. if you do neither, then the game will fill your team with made up players (ratings based on the nation, reputation etc that you have assigned to the club).

When you've done all of this, click database in the MENU section and then COMPETITIONS in the DATABASE section. Search for the competition you want your new teams to be in. Select the competition and in the DATABASE section you'll now see info for that comp. Select TEAMS and remove the ones you wish to replace. Still in teams, click the add button and then search for the teams you want to add.

When you're all done, click File -- Save As, and give your file a new name.

When loading a new game select your database by clicking on the CHANGE button in the new game pop-up box.

Last edited:
thx mate but i am using a mac and the editpr for mac will not load. I have 10.3 patch but am playing 10.2 and i am not sure why they say that they cant load it. It says that it does not exists.

Sorry mate, I'm not familiar with Macs. Have you definately installed the editor?

It can be found in either (on pc, but will be something similar on Mac I'd imagine)...

Boxed Version - C: > Program Files > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2010 > tools > editor > editor.exe
or
Steam - C:\Program Files\Steam\Steamapps\Common\Football Manager 2009\Tools\

O...right, I thought you need the the save game editor, so I just have to go to that place an open the editor and then start editing right?

Yeh :) I am currently in the process of managing a team I created and its really fun! I put them into League 2 with a rep of 3000 which was one of the lowest in the league. Gave them a balance of £10m and a transfer budget of £3m, didn't want it to be too unrealistic. Had to purchase a whole squad, very fun!

Don't forget to add yourself into the Cup competitions too. Do this by swapping your last league position with the team you are removing, otherwise you will not be in them first season.

If you need any more help I would be glad to assist :)

This is probably an issue with a relatively straightforward solution (or so I hope) but every time I go to start a new game, the screen goes ahead to the wizard/select leagues page and I see the "select editor data" tab up on the top left but it is shaded out so as to make it unclickable. What's the deal? Why can't I select my custom database when starting a new game?

Greyed out bit happened to me too...I found out it is because I forgot to say what Nation the new club was in

@ Carine
What editor you use? One ive got has diff layout and cant find anything

Acai Ultra Lean
I already created a team, but changed the name of my clan. So I want to make a new team that has the name of my new clan. The problem is that I don't know how to make a new team. When I click on the "Create a team" button,