How to get more crosses in to my targetman?

KidSparxx

Reaction score
My target man, Necid hasnt scored any headed goals so far for me and im 10 games in. I play an old school 442 and i have my wingers set as wide midfielder-attack. I have him as a target man-attack with a poacher next to him. His best chance of scoring is with his head and if hes not using it it kind of defeats the object of having him.

Someone help me, to help him use is head!......please :)

Click on a wingman.

Advanced settings

Cross Aim - Target Man

Do this for both, and float the crosses, should work better. Maybe look at the players if he still isn't getting a good delivery.

I always thought that 'Exploit the Flanks' and/or 'Look for Overlap' with players instructed to cross with 'Mixed' does the job. I'm still testing if playing a narrow width helps with crosses by giving wingers space and time to deliver a good cross.

Float Crosses for deliveries to the head of your Targetman.

Drill Crosses for rapid, smaller forwards.

Try Float Crosses.

Set their instructions to, Cross Aim: Target man.

Also On pitch shout, pump ball into box.

Primary Target Man, (whoever) and supply to head.

Also make sure your targetman's stats are up to snuff - jumping, heading, anticipation, strength & aggression. The last should not be underestimated as he's more likely to 'outmuscle' a marking centreback with high aggresion

In my experience, its better to play a Strong Target Man with great aerial ability in a supporting role, acting as a link player. This way, he will have an easier job getting ride of his marker and is more likely to move towards to cross rather than just standing still, not being able to time his header