How to manage like Jose Mourinho---Help thread

Reaction score
Hello guys i wana try to emulate Jose.M 4231 tactic to the match engine.

Im thinking more about "Counter Attacking Football" style.

I would like you to help me and give me some tips on which players roles i should use,tempo

d-line and so.

I think of making a 1 striker AML/R and AMC 1 MC (Box to Box) 1 DM and flat 4.

Sorry for bad english :$

I think you need to specify it a bit more as Mourinho has used his 4231 rather differently over the years, all depending on the players at hand and to suit the coming game as well. What era are you referring to ?

It the thread are to be a discussion thread, I suggest that you add your take on it in the opening post. Otherwise, it's just a post asking to be spoon fed.

The classic Jose formation is a big mans striker, playing as a target man, with very quick wingers either side of him. You need a Midfielder capable of picking a killer pass, a midfield destroyed with a commanding Centre

Wait i just described chelsea under Jose. ;)

Complain about referees. Switch to defensive tactic when up.

I know, I'm so funny.

Yer I think from the teams he has managed, you can see he likes a big stopper centre back and a clever covering centre back. He also loves his full backs to get up and support, but not leaving the defence exposed, as he like to keep a solid formation.
He clearly favours the 3 man trio midfield, anchor man destroyer, midfield engine box to box and the creator/attacking mid, advanced playmaker. Although we have seen alternate this depending on the opponent.
Big man up top for the quick counter and main attacking outlet/playmaker. With the pace on the wings, causing panic down the wings stinging balls into the big man or driving into the box with pace and skill. As we know Lampard blossomed under Mourinho get on the end of cut backs, making the late run into the box, picking up any deflections and generally given a free role. I'd say he was used more as an attacking mid than a playmaker.