majkl22

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have just one question. How do you play against team who play in agressive way, is very fast, has good tacklers, plays in high tempo, pressing very high and is very direct? I am in my 3rd season with Boreham Wood United in BSP a doing very well, I am first in the table and now lost to NewPort because of things mentioned above. They just surprised me (although they won 1-0 because of penalty). What do you do against these teams?

Thanks

when you have possession:

draw them deep (deep d line) play wide which forces them to push out wide which will tire them out as it is more ground for them to cover, play on the counter and play a normal tempo and normal passing!

you can also try a few touchline shouts such as:

1) look for overlap
2) exploit flanks
3) retain possession
4) clear ball to flanks

draw them deep (deep d line) play wide which forces them to push out wide which will tire them out as it is more ground for them to cover, play on the counter and play a normal tempo and normal passing!

1) look for overlap
2) exploit flanks
3) retain possession
4) clear ball to flanks

Also, play direct.
Raikan, what "look for overlap" does ?

that encourages the wide players (Wingers/Fullbacks) to overlap the ball player to either take defenders with them or create the space out wide...

190061d1312463214-raikan007s-perfect-4-2-3-1-amc-tactic-1.png

1) look for overlap
2) exploit flanks
3) retain possession
4) clear ball to flanks

Oh, thank you very much.. great answer. Do you think I can use "look for overlap" in BSP? I mean, my players don't have good attributes. I read somewhere, that this is option only for very good full backs. I have Stephen Gough on the right side, he's primary wide midfielder with great set pieces, but in other hand not very fast and so on. On the left side I have Jakub Bures from Czech Rep., who is brilliant for BSP, but he is defender, not full back, you know. He's very slow, strong with good heading etc. Do you think I can use this with these? My formation is 4-1-2-2-1 or 4-1-4-1 - something lika Barca play. Thanks again.

Last edited:
by the sounds of things I would not use those players to look for overlap to be honest, keep it neat and tidy at the back and use the rest of the information I have suggested :)