Huddersfield the story so far

allcockdived

Reaction score
After playing a couple of test seasons, i decided to start a career game. I started out randomly placed at huddersfield and so began my first really serious season on fm2009.

First things first, i had 750k to spend, very nice for league one! Decided to spend a fair bit of it on coaching/ scouting staff, and maybe identify a couple of good players to spend the rest on. The team i already had wasnt bad, but i knew i was gonna need to get some talent in on loan at least. So i signed Slusarski on loan from WBA to play up front alongside either Beckett, or Jevons. Also brought in Zakuani on loan from fulham to bolster the defence and add a bit more pace in a fairly decent backline. Also loaned Randall from the gooners to add some creativity to midfield.

During pre season game against Rotherham, i spotted that they had a pretty good Right winger called Coulson. Checked him out, he was a regen, aged 16 and had wicked stats, ie 19 free kicks and technique, 16 corners, 14 first touch, tackling, and crossing, 13 dribbling, 12 passing; lowest mental attribute was anticipation at 9 with 12 - 15 for stuff like aggression, bravery, composure and creativity; hes a little slow, but a great team player, and certainly the best find i've ever made on any footy manager at league one level. He was a snip at 190k!! Lucky though!

Season started a little patchy, and was looking at the mid table spot the board where demanding, although was going well in league cup, and JPT, eventually losing in 4th round to Portsmouth, after knocking out derby in 3rd! Had a disasterous November drawing 1 losing 4, retuning to patchyness in december! As a result, brought in some more loan signings, paticularly Hewson (AMC) from man utd, and Nolan(DC) from blackburn. I then embarked on a 21 match unbeaten league run, finishing 5th, and going all the way to the playoff final! I was knocked out of the FA cup early, and lost the semi of the JPT. All the while my job was under threat from a consortium that where in a protracted takeover bid, and who wanted to replace me with Peter Taylor (the scumbags!).

In the playoff final i met Southend, who finished 3rd. I got the perfect start, Hewson blasting in from 20yds after 8 mins. Unfortunately within 10 mins i was 2 -1 down, but managed to level through a superb solo effort from Hewson, rounding the keeper after he was slipped into the box through great work from Neal (signed for 30k from PNE) and Slusarski. On the stroke of half time, Coulson jinked into the area, only to be brought down. Up stepped Roberts to make it 3 -2 to the terriers from the spot, with his 15th of the season. Second half was more cautious than the 1st, but i thought the game was beyond Southends reach when Slusarski netted from Coulsons cross, but they pegged me back to 4 -3 with 10 mins to go. However, Hewson settled the game in the 87th minute getting on the end of a deep Andy Holdsworth cross, and planting his header back across goal to complete his hat-trick. Unbelievable stuff!

The new board decided not to go the Peter Taylor route stating that the tremendous team spirit i had fostered at the club, and the clear over achievement of promotion meant they hoped i would stay for a long time. I even had time to turn down a job offer from Vfl Bochum in the Bundesliga.

Now for 2009/ 10 season!! I love this game!!

good stuff hope u aint got rid of boothy hes our legend for huddersfield

good stuff hope u aint got rid of boothy hes our legend for huddersfield

Certainly didnt, he came off the bench regularly to provide height and experience when i was looking to get a goal late in the game.

He's a top bloke in reality too, he played for wednesday. Unfortunately he wasn't good enough, but gave everything he had to an ultimately lost cause during his time at hillsborough.

I always wanted him to do well, and as we had such a shower of time wasters, *****, and "fancy dans(!)" at the time his efforts stood out a mile, even if his talents were not good enough for premiership.