CCFC_1987

Reaction score
Ok so I am trying to create a tactic based around the Barcelona team

I set these as my team instructions
View attachment 174343View attachment 174344
I am using my deep lying playmaker as playmaker on the team instructions page
But in my last game my 2 full backs Konchesky and Johnson have the most passes in my team for this game and playing against Stoke I got beaten in possession 55-45%
How is it possible to have this when I play through the middle with my playmaker ticked

Also I play a 4-5-1 and the front 3 had about 30-40 passes between all 3 of them with my central striker (treqaurtisa (sp) ) having only 11 passes!!

I don't want a custom tactic made just small tips and tweaks to try and sort this out

If you want to see any other of player roles just ask and I will screenshot

Is your DMC your deep-lying playmaker?

But the thing I notice straight away is Dzsudzsak is much, much better winger than central midfielder.

Is your DMC your deep-lying playmaker?

But the thing I notice straight away is Dzsudzsak is much, much better winger than central midfielder.
No DMC is Anchor man
RCM is Deep lying playmaker.
I know Dsudzsak is better out wide he is only playing because Meireles and Gerrard are injured

Well, as I've played as Stoke, they will tend to play down the wings, so maybe your LB/RB had most of the ball stopping them?

And it can be a weird game man, I had 55% possession against Arsenal as Stoke.

Well, as I've played as Stoke, they will tend to play down the wings, so maybe your LB/RB had most of the ball stopping them?

And it can be a weird game man, I had 55% possession against Arsenal as Stoke.
Ok thanks for your response mate but this is a regular occurrence

My full backs have 35-50 passes per game each, where as my midfield has like 25-35 passes each. Then even worse on my strikers/wingers which is 10-20 passes each

it's just a thaught but maybe you should try width narrow so that the fullbacks are more likely to go for a short option inside.

also can i see a screenshot of both your widemen's roles, and the fullback's roles please.

Ok thanks for your response mate but this is a regular occurrence

My full backs have 35-50 passes per game each, where as my midfield has like 25-35 passes each. Then even worse on my strikers/wingers which is 10-20 passes each

Ahhh, narrowing may help the stem of play, and maybe exploiting the middle more?

I'm surprised to be fair, your team should be looking to play to your most creative outlet.

I tried narrowing the width
Johnson had 40 passes
Konchesky 50 passes
Playmaker 39 passes

No idea then mate, but what are your results like? Are you winning still? Is your playmaker making the assists?

Results have been sketchy beaten Man City 2-0 and Man UTD 2-1, but also lost 4-0 to Inter and 3-0 to Tottenham
And my playmaker has 4 assists in 11 game

Results have been sketchy beaten Man City 2-0 and Man UTD 2-1, but also lost 4-0 to Inter and 3-0 to Tottenham
And my playmaker has 4 assists in 11 game

Blimey, that is quite odd.

Is your passing shorter or more direct? and whats your creativity?

Look at a full game. I am sure that you will see that the passes made by your fullbacks are short and made to a player standing near by that in his turn makes a short pass back to him. This scenario is often seen when the fullbacks are playing rather cautious along with the opponent not putting a high press. If you should be managing a great team like Barcelona facing teams that sit really deep against, then this is a problem as we are simply wasting time doing this, making the opponent having a rest whilst taking a good defensive position, If its the other way around, that you are managing an underdog, facing a superior team, then its actually rather good as we wan to keep possession ( i.e, not letting the opponent having it). This kind of possession wont make us score though, but it wasted time.

If this indeed is the scenario and you want the fullbacks to be less involved, then you simply have to make them play more direct and let them run with the ball more, making sure that when they do keep possession, you actually gain ground.

Look at a full game. I am sure that you will see that the passes made by your fullbacks are short and made to a player standing near by that in his turn makes a short pass back to him. This scenario is often seen when the fullbacks are playing rather cautious along with the opponent not putting a high press. If you should be managing a great team like Barcelona facing teams that sit really deep against, then this is a problem as we are simply wasting time doing this, making the opponent having a rest whilst taking a good defensive position, If its the other way around, that you are managing an underdog, facing a superior team, then its actually rather good as we wan to keep possession ( i.e, not letting the opponent having it). This kind of possession wont make us score though, but it wasted time.

If this indeed is the scenario and you want the fullbacks to be less involved, then you simply have to make them play more direct and let them run with the ball more, making sure that when they do keep possession, you actually gain ground.
Thanks
My aim is to create the most accurate representation of the Barcelona team in real life, so keeping huge amounts of possession with lots of passing from the midfielders and strikers in the opposition half whilst creating lots of chances

So to do this I should set my full backs and defenders passing to more direct as I want to get into the midfield areas as fast as possible?

i would suggest setting the passing of the fullbacks to mre direct, and possibly making them slightly more attacking as that could encourage them to move down the wing a little then play a ball inside to the cm rather then a ball inside to the cb

Changing my CB to just above short on passing and my full backs to attacking and half way up on passing style seems to have had some good effect.
My midfielders and defenders seem to be getting around the same amount of passes per game now which is 30-40 passes each, this is an improvement as before some of my defenders were getting 50-60 passes per game and my midfielders only 20

---------- Post added at 07:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:03 PM ----------

I just can't crack this game
Bought Nuri Sahin as my playmaker now, in a friendly my LB had 58 passes and my playmaker had only 24 passes. Also it always seems to be my LB that has the most passes always, never the RB as if my team is subconsciously attacking down the left even though I have set it through the middle

I am close to giving up now :(

Have a look at the passes made by Sahin in that match. As he likes to come deep and get the ball, he will probably do so but as he is set to make t-balls often and has the ppms switch flank, most of the balls he actually gets will be transferred to the left flank and when the ball is there, he( playing in MCRight) will be too far away from it, making it hard for his teammates to get the ball to him again.

here, when the ball is one the left flank, i think you will find that the left fullback will use triangles with the DMC, MCL and the AML and as the fullbacks will almost always be an available passing option, he will receive the ball again, and again, and again

Have a look at the passes made by Sahin in that match. As he likes to come deep and get the ball, he will probably do so but as he is set to make t-balls often and has the ppms switch flank, most of the balls he actually gets will be transferred to the left flank and when the ball is there, he( playing in MCRight) will be too far away from it, making it hard for his teammates to get the ball to him again.

here, when the ball is one the left flank, i think you will find that the left fullback will use triangles with the DMC, MCL and the AML and as the fullbacks will almost always be an available passing option, he will receive the ball again, and again, and again
Ok that sort of makes sense as my MCL had 41 passes that match, but this was happening before Sahin was playing playmaker at MCR
Also got out possessed 55-45% against Norwich City
I am happy with my front 3 as these are very effective and I am happy with them but I can't seem to get the possession right, I never dominate possession as I would like to do

Also consider that your playmaker might be considered a dangerman and therefor, the AI uses OIs against him. If you want your playmaker to be more involved, you have to make play slightly deeper ( lower mentality) and restrict his t-balls. This might not make you get better results though, but he will certainly be involves in the play more. If you want him to boss the midfield even more, then I would suggest he is on short passing, free role, no runs form deep and a very defensive mentality. Again, this will see him make more passes but not more key passes as such.

About possession, I never care about that at all as it tells me nothing. Its about where you or the Ai keeps possession. If they keep it in defence and you are 2-0 up, then that just fine by me, they cant score form there. If we are 2-0 down, then its a problem though and that when we need to lift up the team and retrieve the ball quicker and then, play to retain possession and play really wide to drag them out of position in a more probing manor. If we keep possession in defence and are 2-0, then again that's fine with me but if we are down, then its again a problem. If the AI keep possession in their final third, then that a problem if they players that have flair and are good at long shots but if not, then its not a big deal., I am rambling here but i think you get the idea

Last edited: