majkl22

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I must share some of my experiences with FM11. It's been a while since I've started to play FM, but last edition seems to be quite frustrating for me and I am really thinking about uninstall because this game will kill me one day.
Do you have same experience? :
MORALE PROBLEM - If I am on a winning streak, everything is going well, morale is high, why just one loss bring the morale down to poor or very poor? It amazing, but it doesn't matter how strong my team is, how high in the table it is, they just start to play like idiots after one loss and dropped morale. I am really mad about this because other teams with low morale or after some loosing streaks are playing almost always well against me (they are not always beating me of course, but I have really big problems with them, usually it's a draw with their team dominating).
MOTIVATION PROBLEM - I am not gonna talk about motivation in the match like statuses of the players (fired-up, playing ok, having a poor game and so on), but I want talk about motivation in accordance with table position. I hate when I am playing the most important match of the season (f.e battling for title or playoff spot in england) against mid-table team, who isn't really threatened by relegation and has no chance for playoff positions and they are surprisingly motivated, prepared and dominating on the pitch ALTHOUGH they lost last three matches and their morale is poor. Of course you can say, that they are relaxed because they are playing for nothing, but I am playing for everything, so motivation of my team should be usually really high, right?
HOME/AWAY matches - For me, it ussually doesn't matter, whether I am playing home or away, poor teams with poor morale and everything keep me struggle on my stadium in the middle of the season.. my tactic works, then fails many times and then magically works again.. sometimes I think that "the game" wants to make it nervous to the end of the season.. Other teams with poor results, poor morale, poor players are winning at home regulary.

In general are you still loosing although you have better team, better morale, all the best tactics, better coaches, better form and so on? I really can loose, but sometimes its absurd - absurd matches can happen, but how many times in the season?

I have another issues, but I don't want to make it long.. So tell me, do you have any similar experiences? AND PLEASE, DON'T TELL ME, THAT MY TACTIC SUCKS, THAT I AM IDIOT, THAT I DON'T KNOW HOW TO PLAY IT AND SO ON. I've been really playing this game for a long time, tried different tactics and if you think, I am moron, don't reply.

Thanks fellas:)

Last edited:
I found the same problem with home and away what you mentioned above. But I changed my tactics and now it doesnt matter where I play I seem to get results and I know you didnt want people to talk about your tactics but I found that problem until I change my tactics a while ago

What kind of change did you? You downloaded a new one? Or just found out the differents of home/away matches and applied it?

sometimes its down to teamtalk as well.. player interaction can also be used if he is playing not so well the previous game..

What kind of change did you? You downloaded a new one? Or just found out the differents of home/away matches and applied it?

I downloaded a new one of here, cant remember which one it was, but I tweaked it a little, instead of going attacking, I changed it to counter. This seems to be working for me at the moment. I use it when i am at home and away.

sometimes its down to teamtalk as well.. player interaction can also be used if he is playing not so well the previous game..
Yeah, I tried various types of attitude, but it didnt help.. I talked individually with players and of course before match, in half-time and after match.. they usually responded well and their morale grew up, but in the next match, they played even worse..

Morale is somehow a huge flaw in FM11. Its not working properly, imo. I know plenty whos been tempted to go back to FM10 - 10.3, as it appears to be more stable than this 11.3!

I found the same problem with home and away what you mentioned above. But I changed my tactics and now it doesnt matter where I play I seem to get results and I know you didnt want people to talk about your tactics but I found that problem until I change my tactics a while ago

Its not a matter of tactics when you're managing 25 shots a match, but the players are even sending the easy shots over the bar or off the post. Everyone knows the games where you have 6 or 7x as many shots as the opposition but lose.....those are the matches where the CPU has decided "your team is cold" and is going to have you struggle no matter what.

Its not a matter of tactics when you're managing 25 shots a match, but the players are even sending the easy shots over the bar or off the post. Everyone knows the games where you have 6 or 7x as many shots as the opposition but lose.....those are the matches where the CPU has decided "your team is cold" and is going to have you struggle no matter what.
Yes, sometimes I have this feeling too.. I don't want to say that THE GAME is unfair, but sometimes it looks like very "gamey", like random decision, that you must struggle sometime in the season to make it more interesting.. but this really lacks logic.. best team of the division looses all the morale and form after one loss when they are on 15 match unbeaten streak? It's weird..

---------- Post added at 07:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 PM ----------

Do you think that it may be because of low division? I am usually playing League One or Two in England. I mean that the players are just so unpredictable, labile and unstable?

Fair enough if this happens every so often but if it continually happens surely your tactics are a major factor in this

I couldn't agree with you more, sometimes the game lacks that realism. And whats with the f*cking morale??? Lose one game, after a 20 match unbeaten run with Arsenal, may aswell be playing with...Burnley!

I couldn't agree with you more, sometimes the game lacks that realism. And whats with the f*cking morale??? Lose one game, after a 20 match unbeaten run with Arsenal, may aswell be playing with...Burnley!
I am happy, that someone has the same experience with the game.. When you lost the match, your players started to play badly? For how long?

already a thread for this, its called the frustration thread

Fair enough if this happens every so often but if it continually happens surely your tactics are a major factor in this

Remember, this is the same set of tactics that was good enough for a long unbeaten run earlier in the season. And I do know how to tweak and adjust based on the opposition.

Besides, its easy to tell when its bad tactics vs. bad morale, just from watching the match if nothing else.

Remember, this is the same set of tactics that was good enough for a long unbeaten run earlier in the season. And I do know how to tweak and adjust based on the opposition.

Besides, its easy to tell when its bad tactics vs. bad morale, just from watching the match if nothing else.

Well obviously when you tweak your tactics, your not doing the right things if you still continue to lose on regular basis. Like I said before, it cant really be unlucky if it happens all the time can it? And like you just said its bad morale problems. So basically you have answered your own thread :S