SIF4EVER

Reaction score
Good afternoon everyone!

I am struggling to navigate the transfer market properly this year around, and I wanted to hear around the forums if someone else have had similar experiences, as I haven't seen any threads on the forum pertaining to this particular matter.

When other clubs want my players, players who are important first team players and are not for sale, they aren't even prepared to pay anything close to their in-game value. As an example, PSG is interested in Zabaleta, my first choice on right back who is worth something around 19 million pounds. During negotiations, I can only get them to agree on 17 million, and trying to squeeze the price up to 19 million make them leave as they don't think a deal is possible. Similar story with Clichy, PSG enquires, I try offering him for his value and they leave the negotiations immediately.

I love almost everything about the new game, but one of my only grievances is that there is such a big difference between what AI clubs are prepared to pay for human managers' first team players, and the fees they require for their own players (Only applies for first team player or higher status). I find it rather annoying that I can't seem to sell Zabaleta, who was arguably the best right back in the league last year, for any more than 17 million pounds to a club like PSG. In the meantime, Leighton Baines will only be sold for around 40 million pounds..

All things said and done, the game does feel brilliant this time around, the above is the only major nuisance I've encountered so far, and overall, I think this is turning out to be the best Football Manager experience I can remember.

Good afternoon everyone!

I am struggling to navigate the transfer market properly this year around, and I wanted to hear around the forums if someone else have had similar experiences, as I haven't seen any threads on the forum pertaining to this particular matter.

When other clubs want my players, players who are important first team players and are not for sale, they aren't even prepared to pay anything close to their in-game value. As an example, PSG is interested in Zabaleta, my first choice on right back who is worth something around 19 million pounds. During negotiations, I can only get them to agree on 17 million, and trying to squeeze the price up to 19 million make them leave as they don't think a deal is possible. Similar story with Clichy, PSG enquires, I try offering him for his value and they leave the negotiations immediately.

I love almost everything about the new game, but one of my only grievances is that there is such a big difference between what AI clubs are prepared to pay for human managers' first team players, and the fees they require for their own players (Only applies for first team player or higher status). I find it rather annoying that I can't seem to sell Zabaleta, who was arguably the best right back in the league last year, for any more than 17 million pounds to a club like PSG. In the meantime, Leighton Baines will only be sold for around 40 million pounds..

All things said and done, the game does feel brilliant this time around, the above is the only major nuisance I've encountered so far, and overall, I think this is turning out to be the best Football Manager experience I can remember.

Are you transfer listing (or offering them out) the above players? My players at Newcastle are getting bids 3 times there value from teams such as PSG and Monaco though I am not transfer listing them and they are playing very well for me. The players that I try to move ie transfer list and offer around usually go for their market value or lower. Sometimes they go for slightly more.

19 million pounds is pretty steep for a transfer listed player and now with FFP in play maybe they don't see the value in him (Even though he was arguably the best player in the PL last year)

How long have your players contracts got left running aswell?

The problem is they aren't transfer listed, they are marked as first team players, which is why it puzzles me why a team like PSG would only be prepared to pay well below their value. I think Pablo Zabaleta has around 4 years left on his contract. I think Clichy clinched a new deal recently, which runs out in 2017.

It is good to see that transfer listed players can't be sold for 1.5X their value this year around though.

Today i wanted to take a youth of Udinese (Meyer the name) and they asked me 16 millions euro .. the player is in their youth team not first team or reserves...and the value is 170'000 euro :p quite unbalanced isnt it?

One other example, Bacary Sagna is worth 10m (he's not transfer-listed) - Madrid come knocking for him, so I decide to tell them he'll leave for 15m - they immediately back out of negotiations.

I love the fact that negotiations work often in the player's favour when bringing players in, but I feel you can't do too well when selling players. I had to let Bendtner leave to Schalke for ?0 because no-one would take him at his value (3.5m), or 2.5m...or 1m when I offered him out.

You have to think of the wages the players are on as well how much money will you be saving if they take over 100k a/week wages of your books. That's why no one will take Bendtner cause he is a poor player on very good wages. Same with Clichy. Not sure how good Zabaleta is but I think he is on some crazy wages (over 150k?).

There is plenty of players in the game that will just rot in the reserves at their current clubs because no one can afford to pay their wage. The only teams that can are usually the very best teams who already have amazing teams.

Clichy is on a 90k contract, and I think Zabaleta earned the same or less. Zabaleta is quite good in FM14, probably within the top 5 right backs in the world at the start of the game. Both Zabaleta and Clichy were significantly better than anyone PSG had for the two fullback positions at the time, and not that more expensive in terms of wages than their former first team choiches, which is why I find it a bit strange.