Important Matches: Important Attribute for Goal-scorers?

Ccllnply

Reaction score
Now I only just realised this so I might be wrong but I thought I'd post it and get other people's opinion.

I've only ever signed two big goal scorers in Football Manager 2010. Vagner Love and Sergio Aguero, I've been looking at their attributes trying to find some sort of similarity that makes them both such prolific goal scorers, but I couldn't find any real pattern.

That was until I saw that both of them have over 15 in the Important matches attribute. Ronaldo and Eto are the same. Now I'm not saying that if a striker has a high number in the Imp. Matches attribute they will instantly be top scorers, I'm just saying it looks like it makes a difference

I've just gotten this game and started managing Southampton...

Out of my 3 strikers, Matthew Paterson seems to have to worst attributes. But he keeps putting in the performances! Hes my top scorer. Hes scored 11 goals in 10 games.
On his report card though, its doesnt say hes the type of player whos always up for the big games (Though I cant find an "Important matches" attribute on the attributes screen?). Anyway, there must be something that makes the best strikers. Just havent worked out what it is yet.

I reckon that attribute only applies when playing cup matches, derby matches etc.
I think consistency is the attribute you should be more worried about

I reckon that attribute only applies when playing cup matches, derby matches etc.
I think consistency is the attribute you should be more worried about

Thats what I thought too but I just created a player in the editor, a player which I have created several times before except this time I gave him a lower CA then before, but made sure Imp. Matches was at 17.

Usually he scores a few goals a season but isn't a huge goal scorer, but this time he scorer 10 goals in 8 pre-season matches, and 8 goals in 10 league matches. Might just be a coincedince but it seems a pretty big one

I think it has something to do with the mental stats of a player eg. determination,composure,concentration