AdamWilliam__

Reaction score
Basically I've just taken over as manager of Skrill North side Harrogate.

In time I want my mould my team to play like Swansea, Arsenal etc
However at the moment obviously my players are nowhere near capable of playing such a technical style of football.

For now I'm going to set them up to play a style of football which is less technical, more direct and strength reliant style.

However I have no idea what team/player instructions to use.

Ive just signed Jon Macken who seems perfectly suited as a Target Man at this level so anything which will build my style around him would be perfect.

Thanks

Definitely counter. A target man (preferably high strength and heading) is good for taking and keeping the ball forward distributing it to another striker (a quick AF for example, or onrushing midfielders/wingers). If you have some wingers or wingbacks with high crossing you should be able to get the balls to them and let them bring in a cross with the BBM and TM trying to head it in from the counter. A good DM as anchor man would be useful, depending on the rest of your team. (sorry i havent had a look at that)

Direct passing along with higher tempo, fluid and counter should be most suitable. As said some quick wingers, BBM and TM should work good to get crosses in and scoring with headers/volley.