Is it worth buying FM15 now or wait?

Kreeshak

Reaction score
Is it true that FM15 is full of bugs that will annoy me rather than me enjoy the game?

In other words should I buy now or wait a couple of weeks or a month for a patch?

Any input is welcome.

Really depends how annoyed you get at fairly trivial things. The game is very much playable.

wait till after the jan window irl thats what i am doing

Dunc one critisism I read is unrealistic results, lots of goals scored, silly goalkeepers, lots of penalties etc.

True/False?

Bear this in mind aswell. Majority of games that get released these days are a bit buggy and get patched up anyway (a lot of them have been very high profile games aswell like Warcraft and Elder Scrolls online). Like Dunc said it's extremely playable-nothing game breaking at all.

Any bugs in this release won't be game breaking or anything. Just a bit annoying-nothing major at all.

No point waiting, all you're doing is delaying enjoyment of the game. Might as well get it now.

Dunc one critisism I read is unrealistic results, lots of goals scored, silly goalkeepers, lots of penalties etc.

True/False?

All of those are relatively true to minor extents other than the penalties one. SI are working on it though, expect fixes in due course.

id recommend it. the new match animation is very good also and theres very few bugs that ive seein atm

I understand looking forward to the January patch and database update, but if you are going to get it anyways, there is no point in waiting. It is a great game, even with the so-called bugs. Playing it as it is now is much better than not playing it at all. The bugs that are being reported aren't anything big or will prevent you from playing this game.

That depends what you expect from FM. If you want an average football managing game, buy it. If you want as realistic as possible game (which FM aims to be), stay away from it.

The game may have the worst match engine of all FMs ever, unfortunately. I never complained about any version of FM before, but this one is a joke. Atrocious defending, even worse goalkeeping, lack of pressing, dumb attackers just running forward in a straight line and many more (and those are from both your teams and oppositions). Match engine is so unrealistic it's sad.

In my opinion it's worse than fm14 for now. Scoring 70 goals in the season after set pieces (conceading as well), unstoppable crosses, goalkeeper walking 5 meters distance in longer time than opponent striker runs 25 meters, bad players scoring increadible long shots and so on. ME is really bad, and if you care about it (and you probably do), then it's better to play fm14, and wait for next fix.

Better animation and few minor changes are not enough to cover this.

Ah, and don't forget injuries. It was always a problem, now it's really bad.

Last edited:
If you know how to play (or you are willing to learn how) then it's good and you should buy it. If you throw eleven players on the field and expect to win trophies then stop playing FM. It's only natural for a program to have bugs and truth be told fm15 has some, but overall it's a great game and better than fm14

If you know how to play (or you are willing to learn how) then it's good and you should buy it. If you throw eleven players on the field and expect to win trophies then stop playing FM. It's only natural for a program to have bugs and truth be told fm15 has some, but overall it's a great game and better than fm14
It's not inability to win that's an issue. It's the awfully unrealistic match engine, with more bugs than any other FM. Better than FM14? Perhaps. MUCH worse than FM13 though.