Is L.A. Noire any good?

Oscar

Reaction score
I orded L.A. Noire for my PS3. Is it any good? or have I just blown £30 on dog-*****.

And I don't want the answer - It is like marmite, you love it or you hate it.
I have been ******* told that enough times.

It is good. It's certainly unique. But it's not long enough and some get bored of it easily.

To sum up, no it's not a game I'd buy, but great to borrow.

Not long enough?! It has three CD's because they can't fit it on one?

I'd say borrow/rent it first, to see whether you like it. Because, I'm afraid, it's like marmite, you love it or you hate it.

It just isn't for everyone.

Aye well its hard to rent it first when it will be in the post tommorow :L

Not long enough?! It has three CD's because they can't fit it on one?

Doesn't mean it has longevity, which - believe me - it doesn't. Half of the street crimes and the entire story done in 12 hours shows that.

12 hours of gameplay time? haha. Thats quite long considering I did Fable III in 6 hours and that felt like years !

I really like it, but I agree it's a bit short. Also, it gets a bit repetitive, especially on the homicide desk, but it's well worth buying imho. Also, the facial expression stuff is awesome.

well, its 3 discs because of that new facial detail technology they were using...i liked the game a lot...but it was a little bit of a let-down considering everyone was saying it would be similar to Heavy Rain before its release, and it turned out to be nothing like it..

I thought it was class but yeah as many said it is short and quite repetitive. I like that fact it's different aswell but the gun battles were pretty poor IMO. I borrowed it off my mate glad I never bought it as I won't play it again because it's complete.

i liked it for the first week and havent played it scince.

Play it like any Rokstarr game. Kill, burn, destroy, rape, in that order.

but is it like other rockstar games where you dont actually do missions, just runa orund and beat old ladies with baseball bats?

I was umming and aahing (sp) whether to buy after hearing bad things and good things.

I rented off Lovefilm in the end.

It's ridiculously repetitive and can get extremely boring. I don't know how long I've played it but I don't think i'm anywhere near done. Keep getting demoted as well - I'm on arson at the moment and first case I arrested the wrong guy.

Started playing earlier but got bored.

In summary: don't buy it, rent or borrow it.