Is there a way to get around work permits?

True Hero

Reaction score
Because it is so frustrating when the player I want to sign gets his work permit denied. I'm playing as Mansfield and so far it has happened with four decent players (Timothee Atouba, an ex-Brazilian international whose name I forget, a young Canadian goalkeeper who has just signed for Portsmouth and now Lee Chun-Soo, a Korean international) It's annoying...

That's easy. Hire foreign scouts, they add a lot to scouting knowledge.

As for working permits/feeder clubs... Good luck with that. In my case, board couldn't find any feeders until I got Maidenhead into Premier. Took eight season.

Last edited:
Look into feeder clubs for work permits.
I've got a feeder club, Staines in the Blue Square South. How do I use them to get a work permit for other players?

how have Mansfield got such a good scouting range?
I thought that was standard? :/ I've hired staff with good international backgrounds and lots of experience so that may be why. (Lundekvam as a scout, Ashton as Under 18s coach, Iwan Roberts as Under 18s manager, John Hartson, Craig Forrest and Andy Van Der Meyde as coachs and, recently, Owen Hargreaves as assistant manager)

That's easy. Hire foreign scouts, they add a lot to scouting knowledge.

As for working permits/feeder clubs... Good luck with that. In my case, board couldn't find any feeders until I got Maidenhead into Premier. Took eight season.
I've been lucky then getting a feeder club pretty quick :) How do I use them to get work permits though?

I've got a feeder club, Staines in the Blue Square South. How do I use them to get a work permit for other players?
You need to ask the board for a feeder club specifically for work permits. Look it up on google for more information

Righty I'll try that then. Thanks :) Urgh, work permits are annoying... after months of rejecting Lee Chun-Soo's permit application they've now finally accepted it :/

Once you're a couple of seasons in to the game, Croatia joins the EU... If you get a Croatian team as a feeder club then, you can loan a player to them for 2 years and they will gain EU Nationality/work permit.

Croatia is, I believe, the quickest country to gain this.