kelloggs

Reaction score
So I'm on my second season with West Brom and my squad is absolutely MASSIVE to the point I just don't know what to do with them all. I still have quite a few wages but many of my star players are requesting advances which I simply cannot afford. I can't manage all my players seen as there are just too many and I refuse to let people off on frees because I'm a chronic OCD and refuse to let money be lost.

On another note Borja Valero also decided he wanted to stay at my squad (I have no idea why) which is great and all because he's a very good player but he's requesting another 30k wages and I don't know whether to give it him or not. Would people suggest against it or not?

Some screenies to tell the story...

My squad part 1.
View attachment 118759

My squad part 2.
View attachment 118760

I also have 20+ under 18s.

Season 1 transfer history.
View attachment 118761

Season 2 transfer history.
View attachment 118762

Finally my wages and transfer budget.
View attachment 118763

I can't seem to sell anyone and I've loaned out a handful of players already as well as laying off LOADS of youth players.

This is annoying because all in all my squad isn't actually that good and I have so many players that it's simply hurting me to buy new ones...

PS : If anyone can suggest a good goalkeeper I'm all ears.
PS#2 : I've signed Tiago Alves, Jérémy Hélan and Zezinho as future prospects. Does anyone know if these guys get good?

Last edited:
Have to admit, most of the time I spend a lot of, is spent sorting out wages and squad size. Wages is a nightmare sometimes. Only way I found was expensive. If they requested £80000 a week, id offer £50000, but increase the signing on fee and the goal bonus. It seemed to make them happy. Just a case of luck i'm guessing.

But if they rejecting, sell

you should enough cover for every position on the pitch i.e positions that require 2 have 4. That will leave you with a settled squad. Also how are you making the premier league squad rule

I'm in my second season as Pool and I've had Zezinho since the start. Has performed above expectations consistently since the beginning. Not sure what his high end is like though, sorry.

Edit: Oh and mine's bigger.

Basically.

1) Sort by wages on the squad list
2) Look at the top ones and decide if you need them, i.e play them week in week out.
3) If not, sell or decrease wages

what I do is use my assistant and find out the current ability anyone less then 3 stars I offer them to clubs and dump them in my reserves

So have we established it's pretty big? I asked a mate and they said I was normal, but it looks pretty big to me and it's starting to cause discomfort.

It's massive, Kiely, Ishmael Miller, Rory Fallon, Brandy, Leon Barnett, Rueben Reid all should be sold IMO. I have to have a clean squad, here's my team. It's not large, but it's won me the PL, and countless other trophies. It's quality over quantity. :D

EDIT - Wrong screenshot.

Last edited:
you should enough cover for every position on the pitch i.e positions that require 2 have 4. That will leave you with a settled squad. Also how are you making the premier league squad rule

I haven't reached the registration deadline yet, I've counted 50 players all in all so once I've registered my squad I'll have 25 sitting there doing nothing - playing the odd cup game or game in Europe.

I'll attempt to relinquish some of the dead weight...

---------- Post added at 01:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 AM ----------

It's massive, Kiely, Ishmael Miller, Rory Fallon, Brandy, Leon Barnett, Rueben Reid all should be sold IMO. I have to have a clean squad, here's my team. It's not large, but it's won me the PL, and countless other trophies. It's quality over quantity. :D

Nobody's buying Reid, Fallon or Brandy :(

I'll attempt to sell Miller as I've got Wood to a sufficient enough level where he can be backup now.

Kiely is my goalkeeper coach so I've kept him for that reason.

I haven't reached the registration deadline yet, I've counted 50 players all in all so once I've registered my squad I'll have 25 sitting there doing nothing - playing the odd cup game or game in Europe.

I'll attempt to relinquish some of the dead weight...

---------- Post added at 01:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 AM ----------

Nobody's buying Reid, Fallon or Brandy :(

I'll attempt to sell Miller as I've got Wood to a sufficient enough level where he can be backup now.

Kiely is my goalkeeper coach so I've kept him for that reason.

Try get Kiely off player/coach and onto full time coach? Also, if no one's buying them, and they're not good enough, release them or offer them for peanuts. ^^)

That's massive. I had the same thing with Barcelona. Mainly because I had bought loads of young players to make them world class as I was rather bored.

woo huge squad lol, i like consistency so that much depth would scare the life out of me =D... Im still in the o'neill regime thought of mind :S

way too big for my liking. As said before sell, sell, sell! Sell players for their valuation or a little below to get rid of them! Don't think about it as losing money on the amount you sell them for but rather the money you're gaining by getting them off the wage bill!

Fm 2010, Leeds 1st seaason were in League 1.... in 2 years i managed to get them to EPL, my squad had 50 players.... when i got to EPL sold them, made about 20 million and had 20 players wich got me in the 8th position, wich aint bad at all for 1st season in EPL with Leeds :p. so... SELL! SELL! SELLLLLL!!!

I can't play with big squads I've kind of got OCD too I've got to be able to see the whole squad on one page without scrolling down. Anyways on topic I would put all the players that are less than 100k in the reserves and sell quite a few.