May try these soon Jakey boy. Dont know who with though :S

hey, been using ur tactic a bit with birmingham, will post screen shots at the end of the season.
Very nice tactic, thou im using cameron jerome atm as the striker

Last edited:
Cameron Jerome :eek: He's awful! Released him this season after 4 seasons in the reserves.

Pompey Dans training schedule :)

Played a few more games with England, here are the results:

View attachment 81708

View attachment 81709

View attachment 81710

Ashley Young is amazing as inside forward, been my key player so far! Played a lot of randomers against Belarus to just test them out for the future. Game crashed at HT against France and had to go on holiday as I couldn't continue. It was 3-0 then but im sure it would have finished more had I remained in charge.

Still going strong though!

Hi mte, can you show youre line up for England, tempting to start using it in my story :p

I change my lineup every game, check the screenshots to see whose playing!

Anybody been playing with this and had any joy?

Last edited:
As I said mate, I will give them a go once I get my FM back up and running. I think Villa would be perfect for them :)

Yeh after seeing Ashley Young absolutely destroy it with England, Aston Villa would be a great team to try it with.

Has anybody had any success with them yet? There are over 400 downloads now and nobody has posted any results...

Started a new save with Schalke.. will let you know how I do.

Won all friendlies but 1 with *** man taking control.
First game looking good. beat unterhaching 6-0 away in the cup.

Nice. Can you post a screenshot of your lineup please :)

Im testing this with Getafe, post the results soon!

Trying it with Milan, I'm in my fourth season, won everything with City and now I found a Milan team who is torn to pieces and is kind of now a mid table team. I can't get any formation to work and I'm experimenting a 4-3-3 due to the fact that's the kind of formation I have the players for. In attack I've got Zezinho, Pato (who's out for 3 months), Pepe, Huntelaar, Dzudszak, Boriello and Robinho. They in midfield I have Van der Vaart I got him for 1.9 million thought he was worth shot he isn't half bad in midfield, Pirlo (34), Defour who is great going forward, De Zeeuw in front of defence, Gattuso as his subsitute, Dessena and James Rodriguez who has been brilliant with this style of play. Till now I've been having mixed results with the formation , one really lucky win, then a loss and in my third game a convinving win but imo this formation doesn't really create enough opportunities in front of goal, even though it's pretty much rock solid in defence. My problem with it is that I'm not scoring enough I was thinking of changing it to a more direct style of passing or make the play narrower considering that when one of my players is pressed on the ball he tends to lose it because there aren't enough players around him. I'll update you on how it goes, I'm going to try to tweak it a bit.

Hey mate do you think changing the striker to a Deep Lying Forward is a good idea?

i love the 4-3-3- with inside forwards, im going to give it a go on my chelsea save, i hated the way they played last season despite winning premier league and fa cup
would you sugget making aguero into an inside forward?

Just won the league with A.C Milan with this tactic and I was expected to come in 8th place! All I needed was for the team to gel and I gave the team more roaming and more creative license considering the good players I have. Against small teams I also use a high defensive line and Pirlo is amazing in the DM role even though he's 34.

Aguero would be a perfect inside forward mate, how much did you buy him for? And what season are you in?

i tried it with Stoke City vs Aston Villa at half time was 1-1 with my tactic of 4-4-2 and i was getting dominated and changed to 4-3-3 formation with the tactic and i do have 2 say The wings r just dominate with this tactic i didnt score just from that thou i got a Penalty what secured the Win for me :D strongly recommend downloading this

I play a very similar formation already and find the inside forwards to be devastatingly effective. Am currently 4 points clear at the top of the EPL with Everton after 18 games in my first season. Incredible.