AndySams10

Reaction score
LA HOYA - TAKING THE BROCCOLI...

View attachment 266272

INTRODUCTION:

With the wife sunbathing by the pool at our family villa near Murcia, I've decided to give catching the rays a miss and embark on one final FM'15 save to run alongside my 'An Englishman's Adventure' story. So with the laptop plugged in, a beer in one hand and myself comfortably situated on the covered terrace area, my search for a team began.

Having played different saves in a variety of countries and mainly staying away from the big leagues, I decided that as we are on holiday in Spain, let's use that as my start point. I mentioned earlier the villa we are staying at is just outside of Murcia, so I began looking at what teams are close by and who could interest me and give me a good challenge. Now, I could've taken the easy option of being Murcia or maybe the newly formed UCAM Murcia, but after researching both teams I decided that they didn't interest me., what I wanted was a side that didn't have much history, small ground, but a squad that could compete competitively in the league, though would need some improving.

A good couple hours later and after a few more beers were drunk, I finally found the team that offered me everything that I was looking for in my new challenge and as they are situated fifteen minutes from where we are staying, it made sense to manage them.

LA HOYA LORCA CF:

After looking around on the internet for more information about the club I've decided to manage, I stumbled across something that made me realise I definitely had made the right decision(though it may of been the few beers I had consumed during the selection process).

View attachment 266264

The Murcia region has a reputation as 'the vegetable garden of Spain' and so La Hoya came up with the idea of an away kit that resembles BROCCOLI!! After winning promotion in the kits debut season, the club decided it was a good luck charm and updated it for the 2014/15 campaign, so I hope it will bring me some luck on the game too.

With the fantastic rise of SD Eibar, where they have come from the Spanish lower leagues to the countries top flight, though they were unlucky to be relegated over the weekend, I've set myself the aims of working my way up from the bottom and attempt to gain promotion to La Liga and challenge the likes of Barcelona, Real Madrid and Atletico, plus seeing if I can win the Champions League and become a club legend/icon along the way.

I've already played through the first season, which I will update shortly, as the Wi-Fi has been down for the first few days and I was unable to post my progress. With the internet now back up and running, I really hope you will enjoy my adventure and please feel free to comment/like as I look forward to what will surely be a fun, yet challenging save.

That kit is soooo cool! Bet it tastes like sh@t though ;)

Good luck with this mate, I love a good Spanish save! Will be following.

View attachment 266258

THE CLUB:

View attachment 266257View attachment 266256

The club is currently valued at one million pounds, which is pretty decent for a side that will begin the season playing in the Segunda Division B4. Founded in 2003, we have a reputation of one and a half stars, which will have to be significantly improved on if we want to interest good quality players to join.

Media Prediction: 6th

Ground: Francisco Artes Carrasco
Capacity: 8064

Season Ticket Holders: 116

View attachment 266255View attachment 266254

We are a club of little history, with only a single trophy in the cabinet, something I'm tasked with of ensuring there's plenty more trophies added to it during my reign. The biggest task I will face first is to improve the current finances, as we find ourselves over 1.5 millions pounds in the red before the season has begun!!

THE SQUAD:

View attachment 266252

After reviewing the squad it's not too bad as I had first feared, with the most comforting observation being the strength and depth of our defence. Though goalkeeper Raul Moreno is on the old side, he'll bring valuable experience to the side as well as tutoring 18 year old Fran.
With a couple of additions to the squad, I'm very confident we can look to challenge in the top half of the league.

That kit is soooo cool! Bet it tastes like sh@t though ;)

Good luck with this mate, I love a good Spanish save! Will be following.

Haha, cheers mate. Yeah I'm not a big fan of eating tree like vegetables either!! Appreciate the support, hope you will enjoy. :)

PRE-SEASON 2014/15:

View attachment 266250

NEW SIGNINGS:

View attachment 266249

Dino Halilovic -
With hardly any money available to spend on wages, I managed to sign young Dino on a free transfer. I'm hoping with the right training and tutoring, he can play a big part in our success and maybe can be sold for a large profit to help with our finances.

View attachment 266248

Jorge Mere - The talented centre back joins us on loan for the season from Sporting. He'll be forming a partnership with Jose Pardo, with the experienced Nino as back up.

View attachment 266247

Iker Undabarrena - Signing on a season long loan from Athletic, Iker will play a big part in the centre of the midfield and I hope to use his experience at a bigger club to help us achieve our targets this season.

View attachment 266246

Jason - This signing is the one I hope will get the fans excited and prove a key player in the oppositions final third. Jason has also signed on loan for the season, joining us from Levante.

TACTICS:

View attachment 266245

After spending some time creating a formation I feel suits how I'd like my teams to play, I came up with a 4231 shape, that allows the team to play with an attacking fluid system, while remaining fairly safe defensively. When we play bigger sides, I'll change to a counter, structured style or I'll use a 4411 system I've been working on too.

PRE-SEASON MATCHES:

View attachment 266244

An okay pre-season, as I was mainly focusing on making sure the new signings gel and the team get used to the formation I'm going to utilise for the current campaign. The stand out result was the one nil win over Torino in a game we dominated and showed me that we can compete with larger teams than ourselves.

Some good signings mate, good luck with it.

The Spanish second division can be harder to get out of then dinner with the in-laws!

Some good signings mate, good luck with it.

The Spanish second division can be harder to get out of then dinner with the in-laws!

Haha, love it, luckily my in-laws are very nice. But yeah the division is tough and I'm sure they'll be many twists and turns along the way. Next updates will be done tomorrow. Stay tuned. :)

While this statement is true, in this case is unfitting.
La Hoya is playing in Segunda División B.
And Segunda B is the third level of national football.

Liga BBVA (1st)
Liga Adelante (2nd)
Segunda División B (3rd, despite its name)
Tercera División (4th, despite its name)

Following those there are the regional leagues... but that's another diferent story...

And yes, getting away from Segunda B is harder than escaping from a tar pit, there are plenty of teams that they've historically belonged to Spain's top flight league stuck there or even in lower leagues like Oviedo, Cádiz, Murcia, Gimnàstic de Tarragona, Lleida, Jaen, Hércules,Compostela, Xerez...

Anyway... Interesting challenge you've got there, Spain's bronze league is with no doubt a hard yet funny experience to go through in FM.
You're gonna have a hard time trying to get into higher levels but I'm sure that you'll enjoy the trip all the same ^^

Good luck, you'll definitely gonna need it.

.P.S.: How the heck did you manage to convince Dino Halilovic to play in 2ªB? That's quite the feat there.

I love that jersey. ;)

I'll keep an eye on this story. It seems quite interesting.

While this statement is true, in this case is unfitting.
La Hoya is playing in Segunda División B.
And Segunda B is the third level of national football.

Liga BBVA (1st)
Liga Adelante (2nd)
Segunda División B (3rd, despite its name)
Tercera División (4th, despite its name)

Following those there are the regional leagues... but that's another diferent story...

And yes, getting away from Segunda B is harder than escaping from a tar pit, there are plenty of teams that they've historically belonged to Spain's top flight league stuck there or even in lower leagues like Oviedo, Cádiz, Murcia, Gimnàstic de Tarragona, Lleida, Jaen, Hércules,Compostela, Xerez...

Anyway... Interesting challenge you've got there, Spain's bronze league is with no doubt a hard yet funny experience to go through in FM.
You're gonna have a hard time trying to get into higher levels but I'm sure that you'll enjoy the trip all the same ^^

Good luck, you'll definitely gonna need it.

.P.S.: How the heck did you manage to convince Dino Halilovic to play in 2ªB? That's quite the feat there.

Thanks for breaking down how the leagues work, I'm sure Lippo meant Segunda Division B, as you can't play lower unless you have an add on. Anyways, yes there are lots of big teams in the lower reaches, especially Cadiz and Cartegena in B4, where we are currently playing, so it will be very fun and challenging.

Halilovic was a free agent at the start, so just offered what we could and he decided to join, hopefully he'll be half as good as his brother, Alen, if I'm not mistaken.

Hope you'll be interested in how I do, appreciate all support. Cheers

I love that jersey. ;)

I'll keep an eye on this story. It seems quite interesting.

Haha, it's a lovely kit, blends in well with the grass!! :p

Thanks mate, hopefully it'll be very very interesting. ;)

Halilovic was a free agent at the start, so just offered what we could and he decided to join, hopefully he'll be half as good as his brother, Alen, if I'm not mistaken.

I know that he starts as a free agent, but usually he doesn't go to any team lower than a Liga Adelante's (and even then he seems to be reluctant to sign for depending which Liga Adelante's team is making the offer), so having convinced him to go and play in 2ªB is an oustanding stunt.

If he develops properly, he should become a decent player for most Liga BBVA teams which is a wonderful thing for you and the lil' broccolis.

Group IV is probably the toughest of all 2ªB groups with Squads like Cádiz, Jaén, UCAM Murcia, Linense, Melilla or Cartagena (even if Cartagena did poorly in real life and is fighting to save their hides in the play-off to avoid relegation to Tercera) not to mention the B teams (Betis, Sevilla, Córdoba, Almería and Granada have their reserve teams there)... Thankfully Murcia was shoved into Group I.

But then again, you've brought some nice players for this season so you should be able to put up quite the nice fight.

.P.S.: I don't know how often I'll drop by to say anything (I usually tend to post whenever I feel like I can crontribute in something, so posts of mine are quite scarce), but I'll be keeping a keen eye on this one.

I know that he starts as a free agent, but usually he doesn't go to any team lower than a Liga Adelante's (and even then he seems to be reluctant to sign for depending which Liga Adelante's team is making the offer), so having convinced him to go and play in 2ªB is an oustanding stunt.

If he develops properly, he should become a decent player for most Liga BBVA teams which is a wonderful thing for you and the lil' broccolis.

Group IV is probably the toughest of all 2ªB groups with Squads like Cádiz, Jaén, UCAM Murcia, Linense, Melilla or Cartagena (even if Cartagena did poorly in real life and is fighting to save their hides in the play-off to avoid relegation to Tercera) not to mention the B teams (Betis, Sevilla, Córdoba, Almería and Granada have their reserve teams there)... Thankfully Murcia was shoved into Group I.

But then again, you've brought some nice players for this season so you should be able to put up quite the nice fight.

.P.S.: I don't know how often I'll drop by to say anything (I usually tend to post whenever I feel like I can crontribute in something, so posts of mine are quite scarce), but I'll be keeping a keen eye on this one.

Thanks mate, appreciate your contribution, I hope there is more as the story goes on. :)

Im surprised I got Dino Haliliovic too, i made the offer on first day that game began and then the next day he'd agreed to join, think there was only 2/3 other teams linked to him.

Yeah I hope we can put up a decent fight of things in the league too. Cheers

SEPTEMBER 2014:

View attachment 266145

NEW SIGNING:

View attachment 266144

Mamadou Tounkara -
After our pre season games, I felt we were missing another option up front. I saw Mamadou on the loan list and being Spanish, I felt he could add something to my squad and was delighted when he joined from Lazio on loan.

RESULTS:

View attachment 266143

I couldn't of wished for a better start to our league campaign, as we picked up four wins and two draws from our six matches. The wins against Granada 'B' and Melilla stick out for the best moments, with the team beginning to understand how I'd like them to play.
I can't miss out on saying how furious I am with the way we've been knocked out of the cup in the first round. To lose against a side below us in one of the Tercera Divisions is bad enough, but to be embarrassed like we were is unacceptable!!

SQUAD STATS:

View attachment 266141

Pau Franch has relished the competition from new loan signing Mamadou Tounkara, as he has scored 4 goals since the loan signing from Lazio joined. Also, the performances of Nico and Segio Ortiz have been extremely pleasing too.

LEAGUE TABLE:

View attachment 266140

We sit 2nd in the league after the first month of games. I'm a little concerned by the amount of goals we've conceded, which is an area I'll be focusing on in our future games.

OCTOBER 2014

View attachment 266139

RESULTS:

View attachment 266138

Ten points from a possible twelve during the month of the October, including 3 wins and a draw. In the process we scored nine and conceded just two, which is a much better defensive showing from the lads.

SQUAD STATS:

View attachment 266137

The squad have continued their fine form of late, especially Pau Franch who now has 7 goals in as many games. The three attacking players behind Pau, have been in good form too, as we are looking a real force going forward in games. Loan signing Jorge Mere has displaced the experienced Nino at the heart of our defence and has put in some superb performances, including scoring 3 goals in the 5 games he's played.

LEAGUE TABLE:

View attachment 266136

We've moved into 1st place after ten games and look in a very healthy position, despite it being the early stages of the campaign. Our goal difference is looking very good and being four points clear at the top at any time is always a positive.

NOVEMBER 2014

View attachment 266135

RESULTS:

View attachment 266132

Our unbeaten run came to an end as we were beaten by La Roda. I'm still scratching my head as to how we lost, but that's how cruel football can be sometimes. Despite the loss, we put in some fine performances, with the most notable being our 4-0 hammering of close neighbors Cartegena. We also picked up a win in our first leg game of the Federation Cup, which is a trophy I'm targeting to win.

INJURY NEWS:

View attachment 266134View attachment 266133

A huge blow to the squad as leading scorer Pau Franch has been ruled out for up to 5 weeks with broken ribs, after picking up the injury against Cadiz early in the month. Also ruled out is young star Dino Halilovic, who's out for 5 months with a hip injury, which is a massive blow to his development.

SQUAD STATS:

View attachment 266130

With leading scorer Pau Franch missing through injury, wide attacking player Jason and attacking midfielder Nico have stepped up with the goals which is pleasing to witness. Raul Moreno deserves a mention too, as he's been a rock inbetween the sticks for us recently.

LEAGUE TABLE:

View attachment 266131

The gap has been closed to one point, as Granada 'B' have moved into 2nd place. Our goals scored column is looking very healthy currently and the defence have played their part to, as we are looking more stable in our recent games.

DECEMBER 2014:

View attachment 265971

RESULTS:

View attachment 265970

An unbeaten month for us in the league, with good wins over Sevilla Atletico, Arroyo and Cordoba 'B'. However, we lost only my third game since taking charge, which was in the second leg of the Federation Cup, but thankfully we went through on aggregate.

SQUAD STATS:

View attachment 265969

The squad is really starting to gel and put in some fantastic consistent performances. Most notably again, Pau Franch has returned from injury and almost immediately continued his brilliant form in front of goal. The attacking three behind Pau Franch are also beginning to find the net on a regular basis too. A special mention to the lads behind my attacking four, as they have been superb as we reach the half way point of the season and without their determination to win the ball back for us, we wouldn't of been able to produce the positive results.

LEAGUE TABLE:

View attachment 265964

Our lead at the top has been stretched a little further to three points as Granada 'B' slip up this month. As we come up to the midway point of the league campaign, it looks like a two way battle between us and Granada 'B' for the top position.

FINANCES:

View attachment 265963

Well despite all the positives on the pitch, unfortunately off the pitch it's not looking so good at the moment. We are 2.7million pounds in debt and with our ambitions of moving up through the leagues, this will have to dramatically improve or we won't be able to compete. It's that bad that the board have started to mention we need to sell some of our high earners and key players to help with the financial state.

JANUARY 2015:

View attachment 265953

RESULTS:

View attachment 265952

A very busy month and one which included a game against second place Granada 'B'. We started off very well picking up nine
points in the league and a very good win against Cartagena in the second round of the Federation Cup. Though we drew the second leg, we go through thanks to our performance in the first game. We then were well and truly beaten by Granada 'B', in what was our most disappointing performance to date. This means that if we end level on points with Granada 'B', they would finish higher due to a better head to head.

SQUAD STATS:

View attachment 265936

My stand out player so far has to be attacking midfielder Nico, who with 10 goals so far and an average rating of 7.51 is testament to how he has performed for us. Jose Pardo is also up there with numerous top draw performances and is almost certainly our best defender.

LEAGUE TABLE:

View attachment 265931

The loss to Granada 'B' means we've slipped down to second place, due to our head to head results. Though we sit comfortably in the play off places for promotion, top spot is what we need, as we will play a couple of games less in the promotion play offs in May, so there's still lots to play for in the remaining months.

Excellent progress, mate! Near the top, only behind on GD.

If I may, it has been a delicious start for The Broccolis :p