SHMJP

Reaction score
Hi all, I was wondering if I could have some help with my leaky defence.

I'm Arsenal, in the first season, playing a 4-2-3-1, attacking with a flexible structure.

Tactic shown below;

2ro1dsz.png

With the following instructions;

2v8ls94.png

I'm having no problem scoring goals, but can't keep a solid defence. 5-2 win over Swansea after falling 2 behind, scraped through Euro qualifiers v Feyenoord after a 2-2 and a 4-4 draw and after being 4-0 up against Hull, it ended 4-3.

Can anybody help, or make recommendations?

I would change Much Higher Defensive Line with Pusher Higher Up. Obviously, some counter-attacks of your opponent will succeed when your center backs are too advanced. Or at least change the role of your center backs to Cover.

You must tick Use Offside Trap option. This should be used unticked when you defend deeper. Also you should tick Use Tighter Marking to not let your opponent to freely play the ball. Is very important that your midfielders and your wingers to prevent passes to reach opponent's strikers or wingers. You should drop Close Down Much More because it deform your team shape and choose instead Close Down More.

Bender uses more his right foot, so move him on the left side. This will make him drift a bit to the center of the field, vertically between center backs. Change his role to Ball Winning Midfielder with duty Defend and he will aid more your defense.

I would change Much Higher Defensive Line with Pusher Higher Up. Obviously, some counter-attacks of your opponent will succeed when your center backs are too advanced. Or at least change the role of your center backs to Cover.

You must tick Use Offside Trap option. This should be used unticked when you defend deeper. Also you should tick Use Tighter Marking to not let your opponent to freely play the ball. Is very important that your midfielders and your wingers to prevent passes to reach opponent's strikers or wingers. You should drop Close Down Much More because it deform your team shape and choose instead Close Down More.

Bender uses more his right foot, so move him on the left side. This will make him drift a bit to the center of the field, vertically between center backs. Change his role to Ball Winning Midfielder with duty Defend and he will aid more your defense.

Thanks! Made these changes and big improvements so far - 3-0 wins over Salzburg and Man City, and a 5-1 win over Swansea :D