You seem to do more rotating upfront than benitez did
risky starting ngog upfront on his own but glad it payed off

sorry just saw injuries:$

Question: Adebayor or Torres

Them A-holes. they wouldn't settle for less than 2.5mil for me.

Hard luck mate. Have you played him at all? What do you think of him? Who are you managing?

---------- Post added at 06:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 PM ----------

You seem to do more rotating upfront than benitez did
risky starting ngog upfront on his own but glad it payed off

sorry just saw injuries:$

Question: Adebayor or Torres

Yeah I know! Haha. But of course the injuries forced me to. Torres is outstanding when fit and Adebayor is a great replacement, but I have to settle for N'Gog at the moment.

---------- Post added at 06:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:57 PM ----------

im loving this story mate..keep it up..

Cheers Djfoghorn!

---------- Post added at 07:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 PM ----------

lpool-3.png

images
images

Dominant Reds Rout Galatasaray
Group Stage - Matchday One

Galatasaray 0 - 3 Liverpool
Torres (21'), Gerrard (39'), Kuyt (56')

--------------------------------------------------------

Torres
Cole-Gerrard-Kuyt
Lucas-Meireles
Aurelio-Agger-Kyrgiakos-Carragher
Reina

Galatasaray felt the full force of Liverpools stunning early season form with a 3-0 victory, Liverpool's way.

Much to the delight of the fans and his manager, Fernando Torres returned from a three week spell on the sidelines after cracking two ribs earlier this month. Emmanuel Adebayor also returned but was forced to settle for a place on the bench.

Unusually, Galatasaray entered the match as favourites, however that didn't last long as it became evident that this would be the English side's night in Turkey.

The returning Torres opened the scoring on 21 minutes by tucking home a curling shot past Kameni - and boy was he delighted to be back.

Arda Turan, who last night was linked with a move to Anfield, came close on the half-hour mark when only Pepe Reina's fingertips denied him an equaliser.

From then on it was all Liverpool, with captain Steven Gerrard making it 2-0 with a typical low bullet into the bottom corner from the edge of the box.

David N'Gog came on to ensure the fitness on Torres would be kept, and was immediately in the action. The Frenchman set up Dirk Kuyt with a lovely chip pass, to seal the match 3-0.

_44494887_torres_pa300.jpg

Great win!

And its for my Norwich City story save.
Haven't even unveiled him yet. Can't wait to pair him with Holt though. :)

Babel is playing really well on the left so I think i'll keep him for the long term; but will have to replace Kuyt coming up as I want to freshen up the age of the team.

Who should I get?

I've been trying to get Ashley Young but i'm up to 23 million and still getting rejected - he's not worth much more haha.

Also had 18-20 million bids rejected for Adam Johnson and Theo Walcott.

lpool-3.png

images

images

Adebayor Brace Sees off Seasiders

Liverpool 2 - 0 Blackpool
Adebayor (7', 59')

Adebayor
Jovanovic-Shelvey-Gotze
Annan-Cairney
Coentrao-Skrtel-Wilson-Kelly
Reina

Blackpool travelled to Anfield
this evening to face a high flying Liverpool team in search of their 13th victory from as many games, and that is exactly what they got with a 2-0 win.

Emmanuel Adebayor came in to spearhead The Reds attack as Beatson opted to rest Fernando Torres, and the decision proved a wise one. The Togolese star opened his account with a sublime back heal goal after receiving an intellegent ball from Tom Cairney. The young Scot is proving to be an outstanding signing with four assists in six games.

Harewood dropped a cheeky pass over the head of Daniel Agger for Adam to run on to, but the Scot was denied by Reina at the near post.

That was as close as Blackpool got, and Adebayor doubled his nights tally with a fine header after a floating cross from Milan Jovanovic.

Liverpool-celebrate-at-Wigan_2525504.jpg

Great start mate. Really good detail which I'll be trying to add once my Op gets accepted!

lpool-3.png

images

carling_cup_logo_black_470w.jpg

Notts Knock Out Reds
Carling Cup 3rd Round

Liverpool 2 - 2 (0-3p) Notts County
Miller (og 22'), Lamela (96') - Davis (77'), Skrtel (og 104')

Wickham
Lamela-Shelvey-Cole
Annan-Cairney
Konchesky-Skrtel-Wilson-Kelly
Jones

Scott Beatson has finally tasted the bitter side of Liverpool managemen in his 14th game at the club: a loss on penalties to Notts County in the Carling Cup 3rd Round.

Expecting a routine win against a weaker side than usual, Beatson fielded a team of youngsters who have exceeded expectations thus far this season. However this was just not their day.

Lee Miller's 22nd minute own goal was a dissappointing way to open the goals of the evening, but a goal was a goal it seemed for Liverpool.

The Reds, who controlled the match throughout, looked to be heading for the win before Davis popped up to nod home an equaliser to stun the Anfield faithful.

1-1 at the end of 90 minutes saw the game head into extra time. Beatson rolled his bench bringing on Coentrao, Zaha and Babel for Konchesky, Wickham and Cole, respectively.

Coentrao, who has been a revelation since signing from Benfica in the summer, set up yet another goal from his pin-point crossing ability, that Lamela headed home to go 2-1 up.

Surely this time Liverpool would be safe, but how wrong they were: Notts fought back yet again and forcing a mistake from Martin Skrtel, the Slovakian passed the ball into his own net.

Penalties it was. Misses by Shelvey, Coentrao and Lamela gave a 3-0 penalty shootout victory to Notts Country, and with that, Liverpool are dumped out of the Carling Cup.

Upon being questioned about the game, Beatson told media, "It was a horrible way to lose. But we must move on; and I am proud my young lads today, despite the eventual result."

Ryan-Babel-said-he-was-di-001.jpg

Try and get Sanchez, he's quite cheap compared to the likes of Young.

I thought that too, but i'm up to 19 million and getting rejected.

Anybody know how easy it would be to retrain Eden Hazard to the right wing?

---------- Post added at 03:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:50 PM ----------

lpool-3.png

images

images

Adebayor Haunts Former Side With Last Gasp Winner

Arsenal 2 - 3 Liverpool
Chamakh (51', 74') - Kuyt (12'), Gerrard (59'), Adebayor (90+3')

Torres
Babel-Gerrard-Kuyt
Lucas-Meireles
Coentrao-Agger-Carragher-Johnson
Reina

Liverpool have got their campaign back-on-track after a last gasp with over Arsenal at the Emirates.

Beatson fielded a full-strength side as recent injury problems are over with. Torres caused early problems for Arsenal as he weaved his way through the defence but never really threatened Almunia's goal.

Arsenal bossed the game in the early stages with most of the posession, until a brisk counter attack through Coentrao and Gerrard set Kuyt up to finish and make it 1-0.

The game went flat until the 51st minute when Chamakh rose highest to meet Fabregas's corner to equalise. Carragher really should have done better.

However, just minutes later, Steven Gerrard broke through the Arsenal defence and went one-on-one with Almunia, the former intelligently rounded the helpless keeper and then slotted it home to put Liverpool ahead.

Chamakh certainly was not done for the night, and again rose highest to head home a cross from Theo Walcott: 2-2.

The latter stages of the game became heated as both sides pushed for the breakthrough. Beatson ran his subs, bringing on Adebayor for the ineffective Torres.

The former Arsenal man entered the match to a deafening chorus of boos, but it only looked to motivate him more. The 26 year old could not have asked for a better way to hit back at his haters, by smashing home an 18 yard strike with 13 seconds on the clock.

Beatson stated, "It was truly incredible. I was disgusted at the way Arsenal fans 'welcomed' him [Adebayor] back. But I couldn't have asked for a better way for him to slap them straight back."

2143567.bin

Last edited:
great story mate, you using the regular database?

Large database - customised slightly (don't know what I actually did), but it has about 12000 players.

---------- Post added at 02:31 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 04:35 PM ----------

lpool-3.png

images

images

Reds Run Riot at Villa Park

Aston Villa 0 - 3 Liverpool
Torres (5', 29'), Gerrard (pen 64')

Torres
Babel-Gerrard-Kuyt
Lucas-Meireles
Aurelio-Skrtel-Carragher-Johnson
Reina

Liverpool travelled to Villa Park today to take on a below par Aston Villa side, who they beat comprehensively 3-0.

Fernando Torres netted a header after just five minutes to put The Reds ahead after Glen Johnson raced down the touchline and whipped in a cross which met the
Spaniards head.

Torres then doubled the lead with a brilliant finish after beating Dunne and Davies single handedly.

Ashley Young could have brought one back after curling a shot which smashed against the bar. Unlucky for the in-form winger.

Lucas was brought down in the box following a Stephen Warnock challenge, and the referee duly awarded a penalty. Steven Gerrard stepped up to smash it home with ease and to seal the match 3-0.

image-6-for-liverpool-5-0-aston-villa-gallery-495551079.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

lpool-3.png

images
images

Karpaty Blown Away By 'Pool
Group Stage - Matchday Two

Liverpool 3 - 0 Karpaty
Agger (17'), Adebayor (37'), Kuyt (44')

Adebayor
Babel-Gerrard-Kuyt
Annan-Meireles
Coentrao-Agger-Skrtel-Johnson
Reina

Scott Beatson will be delighted with at least some good news today, a 3-0 away victory over Karpaty.

Earlier in the day, Beatson was given the news that Fernando Torres is injured yet again, this time with a sprained ankle that will force him to sit on the sidelines for one month. In the same news, Di Salvo also informed
his superior that Joe Cole and Soitoris Kyrgiakos will joing Torres with serious injuries, and are going to be out of action for three weeks, and three months, respectively.

Frustrated at his injury news, Beatson needed something he could smile about, and that is what he got on 17 minutes when Daniel Agger nodded home Gerrard's corner to make it 1-0.

Adebayor, who seems to be the only striker who can keep fit at the club currently, double the lead with a low shot after 39 minutes.

Dirk Kuyt then put Karpaty to bed when he volleyed home a superb strike after Ryan Babel's floating cross.

article-0-04127DF0000005DC-130_468x286_popup.jpg

---------- Post added at 05:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 AM ----------

images

Official: Liverpool Snap Up Wingers

Liverpool have today announced that they have managed to snap up two players who will be joining in January.

The pair of Jeremy Menez (Roma), and Yanick Djalo (Sporting CP), have apparently been targets since Beatson took charge at the club. Menez was signed from Roma for
£15,250,000, while Djalo was snapped up for just £1,800,000.

Menez, who is already a worldwide recognisable name, will most likely fit straight into Beatson's plans by replacing the aging Dirk Kuyt.

Djalo, who seems to have been a bargain, most likely wont be seeing as much game time as his collegue will, but with time and practice the 24 year old may prove to be a super signing by the manager.

Meanwhile, to balance the books, rumours are surfacing that Beatson may have to offload some of his squad come the winter window, with Joe Cole and Paul Konchesky likely to be leaving Anfield just months after joining. Both have failed to impress their new manager this season and with the likes off Babel and Menez, and Coentrao, respectively, the pair may be forced to pursue their careers elsewhere. Chris Poulsen may also be on Beatson's exit list.

0,,10268%7E4240805,00.jpg

Really, REALLY enjoying this one! I didn't think I would enjoy any other Liverpool story except the King Kenny story, but this one is great!

Fantastic story mate! Sent anyone out on loan such as Spearing & Pacheco?

Gidday guys,

Sorry about the delay in the thread. The save became corrupt so I am now trying to create a new game at the same point with roughly the same results (Yes, using FMRTE... : / )

Thought i'd also let you know that as I am using the new transfer update Torres has left along with Babel, and Carrol and Suarez have arrived. This means that I now have no Adebayor in my team, but other transfers from the orignal save remain: Annan, Cairney, Wickham etc

Here's hoping you are keen for me to keep this story going!

Cheers

---------- Post added at 12:21 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 10:23 PM ----------

Note also:

As I had to start new game, the fixtures are different so I may play the same teams as already written about.

The Europa League groups are different now too. I have PSG, AEK and AA Gent in my group.

Thanks