PaddyK94

Reaction score
I was wonderin if anyone has a player that consistently takes long shots even though are not that great at them. With my leeds team, even after tellin them not to and their long shots set to rarely, delph and becchio are always throwin chances away by shooting from range!
Wonderin if anyone has had this experience and has any info on it
thanks

Try lowering your tempo a bit (some over at SI say that altering Time Wasting so players aren't rushing also helps). Then your midfield won't try crazy shots quite so frequently and instead look for a better ball to play.

kk thanks
i wouldnt even mind if they passed it back downfield cos we would still have possession then lol

moussa sissoko and buonanotte keep tryin for my team, but they score a lot lol

it can eb a preferred move, and then you need to ask them to stop, check if it is that, had the same problem.

change the tactics 2 lng shots rarely and go to player interaction and ask thm 2 stop as often as it takes till they listen

kk thanks
i wouldnt even mind if they passed it back downfield cos we would still have possession then lol

Yeah, in football theory it's called 'circulation football' - Barca do it brilliantly in real life. Slow the tempo down, give players a bit more time on the ball by telling them to time waste a bit more and you should see results. Small tweaks are needed to get it absolutely perfect for your team and tactics but once it clicks you'll see possession in the 80%+. Not that it guarantees goals mind you ;)

I had a regen who loved to take long shots, I asked him to stop under player interaction, but he said he not willing to change his game
The tool

Every time ive had delph i encourage him to take long shots! he seems to score most of his long range efforts.

the thing is, a long shot can also be the difference between winning or drawing an important match, so you have to think about it both ways.

you could try Thiago Neves, playing as AMR but alwars had shot on target other than that Veloso or Cardozo as AMC

I am Swansea and have owen garvan and he can't hit the net from more than 12 yards to save his life. Good player though

in my old arsenal game i made a tactic and it was really ugly looking
song was a defensive midfielder who was set to Forward Runs-Often
whenever he got forward he shot and they would hit the post,crossbar or even go in!
and his long shot rating is only 9!

You should keep delph on longs shots...always bangs some bangers form long range ;)

let inler take your long shots and then you will see the results lol. buy him if you can in a few seasons that is.

when I was milan robinho always shot from long range, i even edited his tactic to long shots ''rarely'' but he still did it

do these players have lots of creative freedom in your player instruction tactics? if yes then they ahve licencse to ignore you instructions and take long shots if they wish

yeah i had robinho and ronaldinho both changin postitions and havin free roles

so thats why then

delph scored 24 goals 4 me in my 1st season cas of his long shots, encorage him 2 do them he gets better, he is currently 18 at long shots 4 me