Looking to purchase a laptop.

Redrup

One Nerdy Gamer
Reaction score
Right, as the title suggests I am looking to buy a laptop and would not like to shell out shitloads of money for a low specification machine. So my question to the FM Base community is: Do any of you know any reliable sites that do great deals on custom building your laptop? I've seen a few sites that do it for Desktops only but am adamant about purchasing a laptop.

Also, do any of you have advice on how good/bad the laptop would be if I spent around a grand on it?

Thanks in advance.

A grand?

Far better than you need it to be.

No problem.

P.s. a family member died and left you an inheritance?

Edit: Billy's not dead is he? :O

You can get a decent Dell XPS15z for a grand, and they have 10% discount on it atm too.

Right, as the title suggests I am looking to buy a laptop and would not like to shell out shitloads of money for a low specification machine. So my question to the FM Base community is: Do any of you know any reliable sites that do great deals on custom building your laptop? I've seen a few sites that do it for Desktops only but am adamant about purchasing a laptop.

Also, do any of you have advice on how good/bad the laptop would be if I spent around a grand on it?

Thanks in advance.

spend a grand on it? kickass to be frank. Off the top of my head dell do custom laptops, will have a look around there's a few other places but i cant remember their webbies

Thanks for the suggestions so far people, going to look into each option. Keep 'em coming. :)

Unfortunately so far only seen poor processors on the laptops I can afford with my budget, I'm looking for a 3.2+ ghz processor.

Whats a cheap option lads, but is powerful enough to run FM, run Itunes ETC.

dont want it slowing the whole laptop down

Cheapest possible :D

I got a custom built laptop from harvey norman's for €700 (£550). Not sure if they are in the up. Pretty kickass spec, have an i-7 processer and pretty sick speeds. Could be worth a shout if they are in the UK.

Unfortunately so far only seen poor processors on the laptops I can afford with my budget, I'm looking for a 3.2+ ghz processor.

more important is what type of processor it is. eg 2.5Ghz i5 is faster than 3.2Ghz core 2 if ya get me