Your screenshots show that you have 3 IF's, and you say you do, but I loaded the tactic, and the AMR is an AP?
Sorry mate. I tend to switch the IF to AP once I play Jano on the wing, as he doesn't do the trick as an IF. Just switch it to IF -> Attacking.

Introducing..
LP's 4-2-3-1 Deep Counter
Solid defensively, great going forward - what more could you possibly ask from a tactic?

Defenders - The defense is ever solid. I'd REALLY suggest you to use fast and physical defenders as the D-line is pushing up. Try to keep everyone 14+ acceleration and pace.

Defensive Midfielders - I have chosen to go with one player who sit back and break up the play. This player usually places a short pass to the DLP who is the whole "engine" in the midfield, he gets the ball up to either of the AM's.

ACM - The ACM is a goal machine. Playing as an IF with the duties to run with ball very often he'll often run into the channels created by the wingers or the striker. therefor he needs good speed and acceleration.

AML/AMR - Both of the wingers is set as IF and they're really vital to my team. I like wingers with atleast 15 pace & acceleration and also atleast 16 dribbling as they're set to run with ball very often. If they've got less than 10 finishing I'd suggest you to try and get it up as quickly as possible.

ST - The main man. I'd suggest you to get a typical poacher - quick, good finishing, good dribbling and last but not least - good Off the ball. All of these attributes should be high. The striker will run from deep very often and if his off the ball and speed attributes are good he should often find himself either creating opportunities for himself or his IF's.

THE TACTIC
View attachment 285984View attachment 285985

Match Prep & Training
In pre season I like to have my training to "Team Cohension" and match prep to "Teamwork", during seasons I have training to balanced and match prep to tactics only.
Individual training - Try and get the best possible coaches for each category once you sign for a new team and put EVERY player in your squad to train the role they're getting used in. For example I've put my AML's training focus to Individual Role -> Inside forward. If a player is severly lacking in a specific attribute, train them individually on that specific attribute.

SHOUTS AND OI'S
Shouts: The only shout I apply for each game game is "work into box", BUT if I see their FB's morale is low, or they are playing a backup FB I apply the "Exploit flanks" shout.
OI: As I'm lazy with OI's I ALWAYS hire a coach with "Tactical Knowledge" 15+ to do my OI's. It's working, so why would I change?

~~The Results~~
Ihave used this tactic with Wolves and it's really done the job.
season 1 - Npower championship
View attachment 285970
season 2 - Premier League
View attachment 285971
season 3 - Premier League (31 jan 2015)
View attachment 285972

Fixtures - Dec 2014 and Jan 2015
View attachment 285973

RANDOM RESULTS

View attachment 285977View attachment 285978View attachment 285979View attachment 285981View attachment 285982

Main Attributes
WB's - Pace, Acceleration, Tackling, Marking, Workrate, Stamina
CD's - Pace, Acceleration, Marking, Tackling, Jumping, Strength (Heading, Concentration, Bravery)
DM (DLP) - Passing, Positioning, Decisions, Composure (Tackling, Marking, Strength)
DM (DM) - Tackling, Marking, Strength, Stamina (Concentration, Workrate)
AML/R - Dribbling, Passing, Technique, Flair, Acceleration, Pace (Crossing, Off The Ball)
AMC - Dribbling, Passing, Finishing, Off The Ball, Acceleration, Pace (Flair, Decisions)
ST - Dribbling, Finishing, Composure, Off The Ball, Acceleration, Pace (First touch, Antacipation, Agility)​
Great tactic mate mines similar but instead of have defensive mids, I have 2 cm, 1 dlp and one cm but there both on defend, all my defenders are on defend. And then 2 inside forwards which create loads of chances with mazey dribbles and crosses, then every season in prem I have taken kagawa on loan as he wants loads of wages if I was to buy him when Man U seem to let me have him every year for 50% wages ha. Just started new season bought lamela for 18m and he's 5 star current and potential cant Wait for him to perform. And now looking for a striker who can score pretty much every game as lacina traore and belfodil aren't out and out finishers but I got them both for free ha. All the top strikers want so many wages and like 50m ha.

Sorry mate. I tend to switch the IF to AP once I play Jano on the wing, as he doesn't do the trick as an IF. Just switch it to IF -> Attacking.

Ah no worries mate, was just wondering that's all! :) Thanks for replying though!

Hi guys, ive been using this tactic on my arsenal save for my first season, I did start the season using a tactic I created myself, however it wasnt going as I had hoped.

Im at work right now, so I wont post any results until I get home and can upload screenshots.

Hi guys, ive been using this tactic on my arsenal save for my first season, I did start the season using a tactic I created myself, however it wasnt going as I had hoped.

Im at work right now, so I wont post any results until I get home and can upload screenshots.

It'd be awesome if you post SS's ASAP mate!

Very interesting tactic! the defence is solid as you said!
Thanks for the comment, appeciated.

I forgot to take screenshots last night, I will remember to do this tonight. The tactic is very solid and seemed to get better and better throughout the season, I did notice however that the inside forwards tend to have poor passing accuracy, and sometimes the central inside forward can struggle to get involved in the game. To sort this I changed the central IF's passing to mixed, and that seemed to improve his accuracy. As for the wide IF's, im still looking at ways to improve their passing accuracy, however im not too bothered as they are still contributing well with goals and assists.

I did also have games where I struggled to score, with this being a counter attacking based tactic, I expected it to be less lethal against teams who dont attack as much. To improve this I used the shouts: "Work ball into box" and "Play through defence". They seemed to improve chances.
In games where I was the underdog, I used "Retain Possession" and "Pass into space" as well as the two previously mentioned, these seemed to work fairly well.

Im currently looking for a way to adjust this to completely lock out teams, for games where I have a slim lead and need to hold on for the last few minutes. I have had some success with lowering the defensive line, slowing the tempo down, and changing the WBs to FBs (also un-ticking the manual changes made to sliders in this tactic). I did try increasing time wasting, however all that seemed to do was make the DMs dwell on the ball, often losing possession. Without changing the time wasting, it seemed fairly solid - but its not quite perfect yet - however I have a feeling this may have been down to the quality of my fullbacks.

Screenshots will follow tonight.

Ok so heres the final table:

View attachment 287880

As you can see, I had the best defensive record in the league, I did fall short in attack in a few games against some of the smaller teams. We went into the last game level on points with City and I thought I had lost the title race (I didn't really expect to be in it at all really) on goal difference, but luckily City lost their final game against Everton 2-0, and I beat Southampton 3-2.

As for the European Champions Cup:

View attachment 287879

Another note worth result is beating Chelsea in the Qtr Final, 4-0 at Stamford Bridge followed by a 0-0 draw at The Emirates. This tactic was deadly in Europe, and helped Podolski take the Golden Boot with 13 goals in 10 games.

Results:

View attachment 287882 View attachment 287883

Best 11 for the season:
View attachment 287884

Overall, this tactic is working out very well for me. You need to make sure you have the right kind of player, the instructions on the first page are really helpful, if in doubt, check a players attributes against the key attributes for the role they will be expected to play. This season Gervinho and Walcott didnt really fit in as Inside Forwards and underperformed all season. I tried Walcott as a striker, and he did alright, but nowhere near as well as Podolski and Giroud.

Which brings me to another observation, Podolski and Giroud are two different kind of strikers in my opinion, both are well suited to the Poacher role, however in different ways. Podolski has the speed and finishing ability, but Giroud has great mental attributes and a physical presence. Both performed well, however Podolski edged it for me, which meant I did give him more games. Both players did also have a few injuries throughout the season.
There was a difference in how they seemed to play, even with the same roles. Giroud was able to hold the ball up and play the AMC or Wingers into an attacking position, while Podolski would sit on the shoulder of the last man before running through the defence for a through-ball from the midfield. It would therefore seem that this tactic will be effective with almost any striker as long as they have at least average attributes in all the ones listed on the 1st page of this thread.

If you want anymore screenshots, let me know.

Gus1987: Your comment is much appreciated. Your tweaks seemed to very useful and I will absolutely try them out to make this tactic even deadlier. Congratulations to the success so far - and thank you very much for your contribution.

has anyone tested this with lwoer league teams such has league 1-2 would it work just has great??

Just tried with swansea but it was not successful with only 1 win in 10 games, however giving it another chance with WBA. Seem to get a lot of red cards btw.

Just tried with swansea but it was not successful with only 1 win in 10 games, however giving it another chance with WBA. Seem to get a lot of red cards btw.

That's abit worrying to hear.. Maybe your players didn't fit the roles? Change the tackling to "Standard" instead of "More aggresive". Please keep me posted on your progress mate!

Im surprised more people arent using this tactic as its been very successful for me and my arsenal team. The defence side is very solid and im on track for keeping the best defensive record in the league again for my second season.

Recently ive been slightly lowering the attacking mentality of the AMC, only by 2 clicks. He seems to get a bit more involved with the build up and overall pass completion across the 3 inside forwards improved. They were generally getting 50-60% on some games but now they average about 70%. Ive found using the shouts "play through defence" and "work ball into box" work well when used against teams with very good defensive players like Chelsea or City. Using a member of staff with high tactical knowledge helps, just remember to ask him to set them again at half time incase the opposition changes anything.

The main issue im having is scoring goals against some teams, I still have games where I have to grind out the 1-0 victory - The team is still creating chances and having lots of shots - just not enough on target. Probably a combination of long shots from the AMC and Giroud and Podolski not being exactly world class strikers.

I have also noticed the wingers getting to the byline in the 18 yrd box and then running towards the goal along the line and trying to shoot, instead of passing across the box. They do pass across the box sometimes but from what ive seen they are more inclined to shoot from that angle rather than pass. The strikers also do it. Its not a massive issue, just an annoying one.

Last edited:
Im surprised more people arent using this tactic as its been very successful for me and my arsenal team. The defence side is very solid and im on track for keeping the best defensive record in the league again for my second season.

Recently ive been slightly lowering the attacking mentality of the AMC, only by 2 clicks. He seems to get a bit more involved with the build up and overall pass completion across the 3 inside forwards improved. They were generally getting 50-60% on some games but now they average about 70%. Ive found using the shouts "play through defence" and "work ball into box" work well when used against teams with very good defensive players like Chelsea or City. Using a member of staff with high tactical knowledge helps, just remember to ask him to set them again at half time incase the opposition changes anything.

The main issue im having is scoring goals against some teams, I still have games where I have to grind out the 1-0 victory - The team is still creating chances and having lots of shots - just not enough on target. Probably a combination of long shots from the AMC and Giroud and Podolski not being exactly world class strikers.

I have also noticed the wingers getting to the byline in the 18 yrd box and then running towards the goal along the line and trying to shoot, instead of passing across the box. They do pass across the box sometimes but from what ive seen they are more inclined to shoot from that angle rather than pass. The strikers also do it. Its not a massive issue, just an annoying one.

Your comment is much appreciated as always. Actually I had almost 100 goals last season - but 2 seasons ago I was struggling scoring many goals aswell. About the issue you have - the wingers are set to never cross and so are the stiker. try changing them mate