AayushCFC

Reaction score
View attachment 433527

Luke shaw happens to have a low determination in this save, I prefer players with at least 11-12 determination. I'd thought he's a recognized talent so won't have random numbers, I knew from FM13 that he wasn't too determined but didn't check before paying hefty price for him.
I currently have Ashley Cole tutoring him, which will likely end up in a spat since they're very different. I think I'm gonna sell him next season and get Jonathon Silva who has 20 determination in this save, if he doesn't improve. I've seen determination of wonderkids shooting up, even without tutoring. Any help would be appreciated.

Yow, that is some rather horrible determination. Btw, instead of tutoring, since there's such a vast difference in their personalities, mentoring him off the field would probably improve his determination. Also, I don't think Determination changes drastically, otherwise than by Tutoring/Mentoring.

Otherwise, he simply is a fantastic player;; This is how he developed in my save, after an injury though..

View attachment 433513

Although, I didn't know even Shaw had randomised stats. He had good ones on all saves I've managed..

I didn't think he would, he's a recognized talent. Yes I asked Cole to mentor him off the pitch only. I at least hope it reaches 10-11. Balanta's determination shot up from 9 to 16/17 in one of my saves without any tutoring.

I didn't think he would, he's a recognized talent. Yes I asked Cole to mentor him off the pitch only. I at least hope it reaches 10-11. Balanta's determination shot up from 9 to 16/17 in one of my saves without any tutoring.

Hm.. In mine, it remained stagnant at 11, sadly enough. Had to sell him.

What's with the he's useless because he doesn't have 20det attitude? It's great for keeping morale up and helps out when you're losing but isn't that key.

I don't want 20, I want reasonable determination. It's 5, that's too **** low. If you've read the posts above, I said I'll take 10/11.

I don't want 20, I want reasonable determination. It's 5, that's too **** low. If you've read the posts above, I said I'll take 10/11.

Wasn't an intended dig at you, I notice most people seem to shy away from any player who doesn't seem to have 15/16 determination. People vastly over interpret it's importance.

Wasn't an intended dig at you, I notice most people seem to shy away from any player who doesn't seem to have 15/16 determination. People vastly over interpret it's importance.
In-game, yes. But many people like to play this game with a feeling of reality. I know you're a Liverpool fan, but I still miss the days when we at Chelsea had the likes of Ballack, Essien, Lampard, Ashley Cole, Terry, Joe Cole in their primes. A machine, that Chelsea was. A determined set of players, hard working.
When I got Shaw, I think it's clear he'll be my replacement for Cole, but is he as good, mentally? (He isn't shabby IRL, though).
In game it's only important for Captains and VC. but I'll be without the likes of Lampard (18 det, 18 Leadership) and Terry (20/20) soon.

Heres how mine turned out, stats are all good determination only reached 13 and hasnt moved in a season. I simply just tutor them early with high determination players, but i always use the first option of help improve their game.

View attachment 433335

Last edited:
i have him and ben davies on my united save and he can't shift ben out of my first team so is just back up, davies is just so consistent for me

Well other area's for left back are quite good why is Dermination have to be that important doesn't speed tackling count for that?

Quick question do you think Shaw is really worth it? I'm Utd start of 2nd season Evra has gone back to France and Fabio I sold, even though he is HG country looking at his stats in your future save they really aren't all that. I've got to ask I see lots of people loving him and my scout all give him 5 stars etc but is he really worth the +?20m???

thanks,

Um, he actually is. He's performing very well for me and keeping Ashley Cole out of starting eleven,who during first season is very good. Although if you want more value for money, Jonathon Silva comes considerably cheaper, You're likely to get him for 5M transfer fee and 1.5 for his agent, he's more defensively solid than Shaw. Shaw is better dribbler. Jonathon Silva's mental attributes are random, though but they're likely to be more determined/aggressive and low on decisions. Just check how they both are in your save(s).

I prefer Shaw over Silva. As an attacking CWB, Shaw just is insane.

I prefer ben davies over them all though if you get him first season otherwise he loses alot of PA if you wait. Ben Davies is just consistent for me never has bad games and keeps shaw benched for the most part except for rotation purposes but I play a system where i get my full backs crossing mainly on the overlap to a strong tall striker and Davies is slightly stronger than Shaw.

Nah, if a player's got less than 10 determination, his performances will be a lot worse than a player with 14-15 over the course of a few seasons.
Try playing a season with Arsenal and see how poorly ?zil will perform at 9 Determination, then change it to 15 and play another season and you'll notice a huge difference even in 2 seasons.

Determination is by far the most important attribute imo.

Nah, if a player's got less than 10 determination, his performances will be a lot worse than a player with 14-15 over the course of a few seasons.
Try playing a season with Arsenal and see how poorly ?zil will perform at 9 Determination, then change it to 15 and play another season and you'll notice a huge difference even in 2 seasons.

Determination is by far the most important attribute imo.

Not saying it's not important just people look into it far too much, honestly I've had players with 8-9-10 determination be amazing for me season after season. The biggest role it plays is when your team isn't doing all that well, it helps keep morale up and they do tend to play better when behind.