Man Utd back to the best team in Manchester?

aaronmorrsi

Reaction score
I want Man Utd back on top
I am a Man Utd supporter and have been since I was 7 and recently you will find it hard to argue that Utd are better then City. This means I need to change this, well in the game anyway.
I have a few challenges I am aiming for which when completed will mean we are now back on top

Aim:
- Win the Premier League
-Win the FA Cup
-Win the Carabo Cup (2018/19)
-Win the Champions League (2018/19)
-Top of the season previews

6 years ago you would expect Man Utd to do all of this and City to barely be even in the race.

I will be doing yearly updates as I think it could take some time especially with the current team.

Last edited:
One year down and how did we do in the first season of this challenge

well the main challenge is winning the premier league and I am very happy to say is that we came 3rd. I know that is not top of the table or even above Man City even but for a team who in the last 6 years have only came 3rd or higher once before so I am going to take it.
View attachment 29734
s you can see we have the biggest goal difference which shows where exactly I spent my transfer budget. Man Utd have got the best goalkeeper in the world no questions about it but the four men in front of him are questionable at best. My personal two favourite being Baily and Lindelof, shaw can be good when needed but due to him being injured a lot I needed someone to replace it so I spent 73 Mil on two wonderkid defenders in the summer transfer sale and another 93 mil on a world class midfielder to partner up with Pogba.
View attachment 29733 Sessengon and De Ligt are the two best wonderkid defenders on FM19 with Sessengon being an amazing left back option to either cover Luke Shaw or if things go bad even Martial on the left wing. I got De Ligt in order to provide some cover with Baily and Lindelof but by the end of the season both Sessegon and De Ligt became first team starters with Baily and Lindelof fighting over the other CD spot.
My next biggest comeption was of course the Champions league a cup that we havent won in 11 years and Man City have never won so when I knew we werent going to win the league I made it my main aim and it showed off.
View attachment 29732
Thats right we WON THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE, 2-0 nil against Inter Milan, not the strongest team to come against but the group stage we had Inter, Real Madrid and Ludogrets, then we had Shaktar,Tottenham and Liverpool so we didnt even get an easy run. This means we get a little bit more reputation and hopefully mean we move slightly closer to taking back the crown from City.
The other two cups we won one and lost the other. We won the lesser Carabo Cup against City in the final and lost in the fourth round against Brighton. These cups do very little to our rep but does to my overall hall of fame account.
View attachment 29731View attachment 29730
Next season I play on bringing in one wonderkid right back in order to replace Valencia and Young who are aging very quickly and a new Right wing in order to replace the ageing Mata and Sanchez and probably if given enough money a young goalkeeper and AMC to replace the almost old De Gea and Lingard.

Second Year are we able to improve?
that all depends on what you call improvement, in the league and carabao cup things are looking up but in the FA and the Champions League we are struggling.
The most important part is the league, this is something we have not won in 6 years and now we make that 7 as we lost out to the title by 10 points to Liverpool. At one point it was 3 points but after a couple of injuries to our forwards that gap just kept increasing and they became uncatchable.
View attachment 29173
who did we bring in inorder to try and win the league this season well, we 203 mil on three attackers and one defender. Phil Foden was brought in for one reason and one reason only to be taken away from city, he was making a breakthrough in there first team squad and I didnt want to see them improve. Tah was brought in for a little bit extra cover in the CB position just to make sure. Silva and Cunha are here to improve on the attack as they are both very young and could make amazing progress in the coming years.
View attachment 29174
so with a win in the carabao cup, fifth round loss in the FA Cup and a semi final Loss in the champions league things are going okay but I know one thing for certain I need improvements in the attacking area. Lukaku is doing a great job up front scoring 20+ a season and martial doing the same on the left hand side but Sanchez, Rashford and Mata are all struggling to even get 10 a season so that means next season I need to go big im talking getting Harry Kane, Griezman or even Mbappe in to try find someone else capable of getting 20+ a season till Silva or my new youth striker Peter Thomas are devoloped enough.
View attachment 29172View attachment 29171View attachment 29170
We also won two other cups this season, we won the super cup against Real Madrid and Club world Chamionship
View attachment 29169View attachment 29168