Man Utd confirm Hargreaves blow

CtPauley

ORVP
Reaction score
Sir Alex Ferguson has confirmed Manchester United midfielder Owen Hargreaves has suffered 'another huge setback'.

Owen-Hargreaves-Manchester-United2_2523821.jpg

Hargreaves' career has been ravaged by injury problems over the past three years and he has made just two fleeting appearances since September 2008.

He had been sidelined by a long-standing knee problem before suffering a torn hamstring on his first-team comeback against Wolves last November.

The 30-year-old had recently been building up his fitness only to suffer a shoulder injury in training last month.

Reports suggest Hargreaves will miss the rest of the season due to the problem and Ferguson offered his sympathy to the luckless midfielder.

The United manager said: "It is another huge setback for the lad."

Hargreaves has made just 39 appearances for United since his 2007 arrival from Bayern Munich and, with his contract due to expire in the summer, is likely to have played his last game for the Premier League leaders.

Last edited:
Cant imagine how frustrating this must be for the lad.

Genuinely hope he gets over the injury and has a really good career.

Over for him now, surely. One time too many, which is a true shame for one of the better England players of his generation.

Best England player of the World Cup 2006, only to suffer huge injuries in the years to follow. **** it.

Best defensive midfielder in the World. We will miss you Hargreaves if you hang up your boots :'(

One of my favourite players. Still holding up hope of seeing him return to some first team action one day. :(

Was once England's scapegoat, answered his critics with truly quality performances in WC 2006. A great shame that he's had yet another setback. Unfortunately, I think it's time he gave up and hung up his boots.

one of several english player who made success in countries abroad

Sigh. Another great talent lost by the looks of it. Nothing but sympathy for the lad :(

shame he was a good player i hope he can get back to fittness because i dont think its likely united will give him another deal unless its pay as you play,

shame one of the best dmc/cm in world is truly unbelievable how unlucky been with injuries think will get offered pay as u play contract