Manager Reputation

Jak

Hello, first post here in a while!
Anyway I've been playing a succesful York city save at the moment and everything has been going great. From first season in league 2 I have battled my way into the Premier League (promoted from championship in 4th season, about to start 5th). However I have a few queries about my managerial reputation. I started as 'Sunday league footballer' and had slowly increased in reputation until I reached my 3rd season and promotion into the Championship. At this point it had increased to 71% ('National' rating). Since then however it has not increased. I thought it may increase at the end of my 3rd season when I finished 13th in the Championship (Media prediction of 23rd, I was awarded overachiver of the year). It did not increase so I thought maybe the game was a bit flawed and you had to physically win something to increase your repuation. Something similar happened in my 4th season. I fought my way to the League cup semi finals (beating premier league wigan, reading and wolves along the way whilst also winning the first leg 1-0 over Arsenal before losing the overall tie). I expected my reputation to increase here also but no luck. I have just won promotion to the Premier league now and still I have seen no increase in my reputation. I finished first overall (despite media prediction of 23rd) but shockingly have not seen an increase in my reputation. I thought it may have just taken a while to update but I am now 26 June 2017 and listed as a premier league club (I have just agreed budgets for the season). It surely would have updated by now?
Does the fact I started this save during 14.2 and updated to 14.3 when it came out have anything to do with this? It's just quite frustrating since I have always wanted to move up to a higher job in this save (I've never been offered a different job despite my success) but I just can't seem to.

TL;DR My reputation won't increase despite premier league promotion.
Thanks in advance for my help

I'm thinking that patching the save may have messed something up. I gained rep fine after promotions from league 2 and league 1, then had 14.3 released. Since then I've not had an increase. I think 14.3 altered some of the reputation mechanics so I think that may be it. Just very annoying. May get editor to change my rep to 'continental' as that seems fair and I wouldn't say it was cheating, just simply fixing something.

Very interesting in getting an answer to this PLZ HELP :))))))))

In all seriousness I think this is a 14.2 to 14.3 issue.

Last edited:
Tl;dr :p
Try winning some trophies, maybe than your reputation will go up. It's probably that. Or a bug. Either way, you're doomed to continue playing :D

Tl;dr :p
Try winning some trophies, maybe than your reputation will go up. It's probably that. Or a bug. Either way, you're doomed to continue playing :D
same difference! :'(
Think its a bug. Trying to use the in game editor to change my rep and not break my save... yolo

Oh you did not just say that!! :mad:

But OT it sounds like a bug to me
did it just for you babay ;)
Ye increased my rep using editor so now I'm 85% 'Continental' which seems fair. Spose this should be reported as a bug? I'll send a carrier pigeon to Dunc to inform him

Back