GryWlkr

Reaction score
I'm planning a complete, 99% overhaul of the current squad. Everyone, gone. All but Phil Jones. Personally, the only guy in the team I like because of his classic facial expressions.

Anyway, I'm using LFCMarshall's newest update, so as you can tell, I'll have no real world class options in the transfer market due to the lack of CL qualification. I've edited myself a cool 200m and I'd really like to fit the squad around a 4-5-1 formation, as well as a full squad of 18-22 year old's.. Suggestions on who best to sign?

So that's,

2 GK's

2 Left & right backs (CWB)

4 Central Defenders

1 Defensive midfielder, who can also play centre mid and defence

4 Central midfielders. AP/DLP/HB

4 Wingers/Inside forward. 2 for each side.

2 Strikers, one main, one back-up. (F9)

While we're here... Doria or Balanta?

Wouldn't be the best idea if I'm honest, it would take you a good season for everyone to become more cohesive with each other.

Surely you would keep De Gea, Rafael and Januzaj too?

Pretty much what these said. ^

De Gea is one of the best GK on the game and he's young.

Raphael is RB all day, he can cover LB too if you have injuries. Fabio isn't as good but can play LB and cover RB.

Jonny Evans is reliable cover for CB and can do a job if required to play a number of games because of injuries.
Dont know what smalling is like on the latest update as I haven't started a new save for about 7 months but in mine he's worth a fortune and I'm constantly rejecting bids of 25m+ for him.

if your using out and out old fashioned style wingers then you. Can't do much worse than Valencia for MR.
I used to play without wingers/inside fowards in favour of more central midfielders and a player in the AMC spot as AP, but now I'm pretty much just using 442...so I retrained Kagawa to ML and he does a really good job. Also Januzaj can play there too, admittedly they both perform better in the AMC slot as AP but I haven't solved this issue really, I just made them play there as I have no natural LW at the moment.

For central midfield I wouldn't get rid of Carrick he can tackle not brilliantly but he can make a tackle, he can win headers and has great mental stats to compliment his passing stat. I've only just let him go at the start of the 2017/2018 season.
Fletcher isn't great and declines quickly but is a good cover player for a defensive role in central midfield.
Fellaini is a problem because he's quite slow but can win headers in the centre of the park but seems to get a lot of cards.
Cleverly is average at best.

On the striker front you have a great ready made strike force.
Ive still got Welbeck , sold RVP after the second season for big money, sold Hernadez 2nd season after falling out with him. Got 19.5m and 36m respectively, that funded my future strike force.

You've got your 200m so you can sign your long term signings and phase out the guys you don't what over a few seasons.

The players I moved to on were

1st season - Anderson

2nd season - Ferdinand, Buttner, Bebe, Giggs

3rd season - Valencia, Fletcher, Cleverly, Hernandez, Young

4th season - Nani, Vidic,

5th season - Carrick, Evra

Last edited:
You physically won't be able to phase out that many players in just one season. I would look to get rid of a few like young, anderson, cleverley and bring in a few players but would not make wholesale changes over one season. Look to verrati for mc, carvalho (linked with united irl) and look for a new cb. Cb I would recommend benatia, lovren, laporte, denswil, granada cb cant think of his name off the top of my head though. Depends what you are willing to spend. My highest recommendation would be the granada cb who should be available at around 10m (£). Becomes very good quickly. You could get a non european in balanta but i prefer european as most used to CL. Also look for a winger maybe depay or bakkali, unless gonna go younger then the obvious allione etc.

The players in the first season will be more or less the same and you should get back into the CL without much change. But defo try and phase out young and co not equipped for CL football.

Edit: you also need certain amount of players trained y the club for CL football, so with this in mind think ahead a few seasons.